Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
Normally i would expect the GU to be more consistent than the EU in PA - but this morning - I am not liking GU - as you just get the feeling it will be awkward and might even surprise us

hmmm yes. GU is cagey. My thinking is that they will engineer a rally up to 1.6600 area then it will drop down to 70s and 80s again and chop there for the rest of the day. so the daily range will be like 30 to 40 pips.

EJ

Wanted to sell around 92 - but price cannot make above 90

77 - 81 all support from yesterday - so out scalp buy and into scalp sell - but might then look next hr as buying again ?

With EJ being a scalp sell - i suppose I should scalp sell EU - but instead will leave 30% buy stake on whilst above 85 - might regret it

kerching - took +8.8 on that last long. attached fills from last night plus today's trade.:D

Attachments

• last 2 trades.png
    last 2 trades.png
    8 KB · Views: 67
GU

i get the feeling and can see from my LR structure - supports are building from 79 to 83

Could this be the stepping stone for higher ?

LMAX broker - they have this option where you can specify that your take profit orders are automatically added as limits in the book. It's such a great feature. I normally enter with a market order my stop is the buy/sell market stop order and the take profit goes in the book. Yesterday I had a limit sell at 99.0s on the nose, when price came up i started to get partial fills just like you do trading futures or stocks - LMAX is epic. The spreads are awesome too, GU is normally around 0.4pips. My only gripe is the commission is a little high but they will reduce it if you do volume. The problem for me is that as I don't take many trades my monthly volume isn't huge. I just wish I could pay $10 per million instead of the silly $25 or so I pay now.

GU

i get the feeling and can see from my LR structure - supports are building from 79 to 83

Could this be the stepping stone for higher ?

yes likely. I dont feel like playing silly buggers today. I think they will go for the stops on the upside before dropping it. Today though i am going to wait until they actually take stops - if they ever get there. Friday means small ranges so dont want to play the trade into stops today.

LMAX broker - they have this option where you can specify that your take profit orders are automatically added as limits in the book. It's such a great feature. I normally enter with a market order my stop is the buy/sell market stop order and the take profit goes in the book. Yesterday I had a limit sell at 99.0s on the nose, when price came up i started to get partial fills just like you do trading futures or stocks - LMAX is epic. The spreads are awesome too, GU is normally around 0.4pips. My only gripe is the commission is a little high but they will reduce it if you do volume. The problem for me is that as I don't take many trades my monthly volume isn't huge. I just wish I could pay $10 per million instead of the silly $25 or so I pay now.

Yes heard great reports about LMAX - from many scalpers and Major Magnum a member here went live with them about 3 months ago and impressed

You can as you say negotiate better commission deals etc - I have done a cracking one with FXPro and Dukascopy - I need a good deal - but dont mind how much I pay my broker - $5k or even $20k per month - as long as I make a lot more net than they do lol

EU

Dropped from 3296/7 now to 87 and I had planned to leave 30% buy stake on above 85 - but that went out the window at 92 - when I could see I should be scalp selling and then re entering any buy lower

Glad I did

EJ

Not been so clean as EU - but I scalp sold after being in buy at 88 after we could not make over 90

So far 79 - but we know 77 /81 is all support area - so down to 30% stake and may look to scalp buys again next TW

Last edited:
Yes heard great reports about LMAX - from many scalpers and Major Magnum a member here went live with them about 3 months ago and impressed

You can as you say negotiate better commission deals etc - I have done a cracking one with FXPro and Dukascopy - I need a good deal - but dont mind how much I pay my broker - $5k or even $20k per month - as long as I make a lot more net than they do lol

yeah they will do deals and so they should. With the amount of trades you take that must be substantial volume. Just wish I could get $10 per million so it would be like 0.1pips each side.

Both Cad and Swissy have been as good as the EU this last 40 mins or so

Surely we will see reversals in next 18 mins or so now - but they might be just mini ones - rather then full turns being tried

Status
Not open for further replies.