Intraday Live short term trading calls from an Expert Retail Forex Trader

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have to have breaks at least one every 2 hrs or so - just for 10 -20 mins etc - otherwise yes some days I would be having headaches etc etc

I target 50 pips a day on scalps - and so if I have more 30% trades - I need a lot more pips to hit my money targets.

Some days - I might just achieve my target off 2 or 3 pairs and say 6 -10 trades - other days - I might need 15+ trades to get there and I am searching for moves on all pairs etc - in my time windows

I suppose its what you get used to - blogging keeps me focused and useful for notes etc - otherwise - I would stop in afternoons and fall to sleep :)

50 pips a day is awesome. I generally look to make 100 pips a week but don't push it for it if it's not there and don't stop if I feel there is plenty to be had. August has surprised me so far, normally a quiet month. I normally catch one decent runner like yesterdays 80 pipper closed this morning.

yep ............F is the real deal .......and has caused a stir since he joined T2Win

respect
N

yep ............F is the real deal .......and has caused a stir since he joined T2Win

respect
N

Just reading through this blog from start to finish and asking the daddy a few questions along the way has helped me no end. F this blog is the must nuts, but I find it difficult to post the odd reply and concentrate on 2-3 pairs for scalps, how F does 6 plus pairs, gets 50 plus pips in the bank and has time to blog its quite and achievement to say the least.

Cheers F

Just got back for end of 3 00 pm TW after missing news

Very lucky with AU - within 4 pips of being taken out on a 30% scalp buy phew

News looks dollar weak again

Cheers guys for comments - I will say in last 9 /10 months there as been now at least 18 days when not achieved 50 pips - one day I struggled to end up with 28 pips - but the key is no losing days

For me to have a losing day - i would need 6 + bad scalps in a row - and then that would unnerve me especially if I had lost say 30 pips before say 10 00 am

1 -3 consecutive losses - no problem - and most days I will have at least 5 - 9 winners on the trot

It gets easier every 1000 trades you do - I promise you ;-)

GU

PA is just not nice now

its been trying to edge up and my LR structure is more bullish than bearish - but needs over 98 and 6602 really

20 pips down under 80 and 78 - then we must see a fall carry on then for a bit

CAD still been good to me - otherwise nothing exciting atm

Will pop back after 4 00 pm I reckon

just noticed UJ could be another scalp sell under 79 on this retrace

Need over 84 and 88 to be be holding scalp buys or taking new ones

GL

GU - it's been very troublesome. I am still in my longs looking for the dealers to take out 97s if not the 00 print. still looking to get short if they manage this. I think what has happened here is the larger players in the market are duking it out. I misread the dealers intentions earlier when I thought they would take out the 75s. I am still of the mind that they want the 97 print and they want it badly. Overall though cable is heavy and I cant wait to get a strategic short off once these weaker shorts are cleared out.

Just got back for end of 3 00 pm TW after missing news

Very lucky with AU - within 4 pips of being taken out on a 30% scalp buy phew

News looks dollar weak again

Cheers guys for comments - I will say in last 9 /10 months there as been now at least 18 days when not achieved 50 pips - one day I struggled to end up with 28 pips - but the key is no losing days

For me to have a losing day - i would need 6 + bad scalps in a row - and then that would unnerve me especially if I had lost say 30 pips before say 10 00 am

1 -3 consecutive losses - no problem - and most days I will have at least 5 - 9 winners on the trot

It gets easier every 1000 trades you do - I promise you ;-)

I know of another chap who very rarely has losing days, i think he went a whole year without any. I am not at that level, I have long streaks of winning days, i think my max is like 15. get probably 1 losing day in 5 which is annoying.

GU - it's been very troublesome. I am still in my longs looking for the dealers to take out 97s if not the 00 print. still looking to get short if they manage this. I think what has happened here is the larger players in the market are duking it out. I misread the dealers intentions earlier when I thought they would take out the 75s. I am still of the mind that they want the 97 print and they want it badly. Overall though cable is heavy and I cant wait to get a strategic short off once these weaker shorts are cleared out.

ok got my 99 fill. sold 98.5s got quite a wide stop as it wouldnt surprise me if the dealers try a quick whipsaw. off to make a late lunch. target 6560, minimum.

Last edited:
Notice the GU high at 6600 /1 was at 3 mins to hr change

Not scalp bought for now - but for me LRs and PA are saying whilst above 91/2 - still a scalp buy on pullbacks

i notice the EU might be after the 3300 area again - and so if GU is trying higher like AU - may we see 6610 or 15 even ??

GU

as it stands for me - above 90/91 still scalp bullish needing now over 6603 - and i would need to see under 88 and 84 to consider scalp sells again

The PA is being manufactured to be difficult to make it hard for all traders - bulls and bears - but similar other pairs are not seeing smooth price movements on small frames

ok got my 99 fill. sold 98.5s got quite a wide stop as it wouldnt surprise me if the dealers try a quick whipsaw. off to make a late lunch. target 6560, minimum.

GU - I have moved my stop to b/e (I know 'experts' say you shouldnt lol). I will take full profits at 1.6564 and reassess there. Very bearish on cable but there will be a bounce at around the 60s level and I think the low for the week in cable is already in. I dont think there is enough will in the market for it to get to 1.65 this week. but anything can happen. last trade of the day for me so GL everyone. will trade the London open tomorrow.

I know of another chap who very rarely has losing days, i think he went a whole year without any. I am not at that level, I have long streaks of winning days, i think my max is like 15. get probably 1 losing day in 5 which is annoying.

i try and micro manage down to even profitable 2 hr periods

For me to over trade - I would need to take over 40 trades in a day - and normally 10 -20 will suffice 95% of the time.

July 4th 2013 - I made 409 pips off 24 trades with 3 losers - that was really lucky day - as US were Off for Independence day - and we had some great moves on about 6 pairs I was trading

Some days 100+ pips just happens - other days - maybe slow Mondays etc - I struggle even to get 50 pips.

Even when I hit my targets - i don't stop - but take extra care with stake sizes etc
etc

Every scalping day can be different - but there are time patterns - and some of the tricks played become too obvious at times

The fact that i treat it still as a "money game " helps - i know my limits and try to remain disciplined and fairly focused when I am taking scalps - and also remember the market is my boss - i will never 100% beat it - but as long as I respect it - it will give me the scraps - to keep me well fed :D

Last edited:
AU and Cad - taken both 30% trades off now

Might get boring again - and these pullbacks might be more than just small rests

4 30 pm

Gu now at 6588 - start of my scalp sell zone - after 91 did not hold or turn

Could be another tease - back over 92 and 95 is scalp buys again - still extremely tricky this Pound

Even if we dropped to 84 - still not definite - only under 80 and 78 would say to me it starting a bigger fall

GU - I have moved my stop to b/e (I know 'experts' say you shouldnt lol). I will take full profits at 1.6564 and reassess there. Very bearish on cable but there will be a bounce at around the 60s level and I think the low for the week in cable is already in. I dont think there is enough will in the market for it to get to 1.65 this week. but anything can happen. last trade of the day for me so GL everyone. will trade the London open tomorrow.

All the best and GL to you Spread Doctor

See you in morning - my last trading day to end of next week

i try and micro manage down to even profitable 2 hr periods

For me to over trade - I would need to take over 40 trades in a day - and normally 10 -20 will suffice 95% of the time.

July 4th 2013 - I made 409 pips off 24 trades with 3 losers - that was really lucky day - as US were Off for Independence day - and we had some great moves on about 6 pairs I was trading

Some days 100+ pips just happens - other days - maybe slow Mondays etc - I struggle even to get 50 pips.

Even when I hit my targets - i don't stop - but take extra care with stake sizes etc
etc

Every scalping day can be different - but there are time patterns - and some of the tricks played become too obvious at times

The fact that i treat it still as a "money game " helps - i know my limits and try to remain disciplined and fairly focused when I am taking scalps - and also remember the market is my boss - i will never 100% beat it - but as long as I respect it - it will give me the scraps - to keep me well fed :D

wow that's impressive. It's like your LRs and time window give you small scalp opportunities in between the dealers moves. kudos. I agree about respecting the market. One problem I have had issues with is being wrong, i hate being wrong, detest it. Like my 7 birds in the hand 8 in the bush comment earlier in the week, it doesn't matter if you don't capture the whole move you just need to bank the majority of it. As you know the markets are not black and white. GL

usd has continued to sell since around lunchtime......steady eddie and nice to trade

only yen and gbp chased it south..... so tough times trading those pairings ...pretty much everything else has offered scalping opps in last few hours buying currencies into usd

have a great evening

N

Same to you N - must explain my charts to you in more detail

Will post a Usd Cad later - as it showed great LR structure along with the price change etc

Status
Not open for further replies.