How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
counter_violent said:
Bigbusiness in league with Socco and the like.......DO ME A FAVOUR ! :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Bigbusiness member details to free forum:~

Name: bigbusiness
Email: [email protected] (hidden)
Birthday: 01/01/1970
Date Registered: Sept 14, 2005, 18:11
Account Status: Activated

Name: pp [Peto]
Email: [email protected]
Birthday: 01/01/1991
Date Registered: Nov 11, 2005, 13:02

Peto employed by IB is in disguise as a girl of 15yrs.

Last edited:
orion69 said:
Name: pp [Peto]
Email: [email protected]
Birthday: 01/01/1991
Date Registered: Nov 11, 2005, 13:02

Peto employed by IB is in disguise as a girl of 15yrs.
:LOL: ROFL :cheesy:
This just keeps getting better....

peto said:
More bullsh!t from the bull, I fear.

Peto,

When it comes to trading and the markets, you are still very wet behind the ears. There are certain cats in certain bags that you will never have the capability of comprehending. And may i say, the opportunity of of ever knowing. For yours is misunderstanding and unknowing.

Now, watch your tongue when speaking to any of the elitists. You should be thankful that you are ever fortuned with a reply, never mind asking for 'hints' and 'tips', like a user of a back street bookmakers.

the blades said:
Mind, as they've all "mastered it", what do they find to discuss?

Funny you should mention that. Socrates and Bulldozer, desperate for company as they clearly are, once invited me along to one of their Wizards' Lunches. No, seriously, they do call them "Wizards' Lunches". Sadly I was too busy/terrified to attend, but I did get to see the Order Of Business. It looked a little something like this:

1. Kids these days! Eh!
2. Would anyone like a nice cup of tea and a biscuit?
3. Tweed - the new black.
4. Stairlift or bungalow?
5. Dammit, I've put my shoes on the wrong feet again.
6. Has anyone seen my keys? Oh here they are.
7. Can we have Countdown on please.
8. That Carol Vorderman is a bit of alright.
9. ZZZzzzzzZZZZZZzzzz.

Clearly disappointed that I did not attend, they texted me a picture of all the fun I was missing out on.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 489
Pitscum2

Made over £2Ml from our FREE open forum trades since the day he joined and refuses to donate a single £ to charity for our FREE service.

£2ML is NOT enough for him. He demands to join the ELITE but, keeps getting refusals.

Orion69

Spam Man said:
Funny you should mention that. Socrates and Bulldozer, desperate for company as they clearly are, once invited me along to one of their Wizards' Lunches. No, seriously, they do call them "Wizards' Lunches". Sadly I was too busy/terrified to attend, but I did get to see the Order Of Business. It looked a little something like this:

1. Kids these days! Eh!
9. ZZZzzzzzZZZZZZzzzz.

Clearly disappointed that I did not attend, they texted me a picture of all the fun I was missing out on.

:LOL: This must have been taken before the "dress-up" portion.

Db

Re: Traders, Wisdom and Fools/Monkeys
« Reply #8 on Jul 9, 2006, 19:46 » Posted by 15 yr old Peto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by Peto:
"Just checked t2w and theirs NOTHING HAPPENING again!!!
They are all MORONS and MONKEYS (actuly i fink that frugi is qwite cute!!...might just be his avatare). Why do you waist your time there??? Snakes and SCORPIONS that can't bite???? Even when they do write it is all NONSENSE....."

Last edited:
Spam Man said:

1. Kids these days! Eh!
9. ZZZzzzzzZZZZZZzzzz.

Other members of The League and Where they Meet

Attachments

• The Gents.jpg
    The Gents.jpg
    2.5 KB · Views: 575
  • roadsign1.jpg
    roadsign1.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 148
orion69 said:
Re: Traders, Wisdom and Fools/Monkeys
« Reply #8 on Jul 9, 2006, 19:46 » Posted by 15 yr old Peto

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote by Peto:
"Just checked t2w and theirs NOTHING HAPPENING again!!!
They are all MORONS and MONKEYS (actuly i fink that frugi is qwite cute!!...might just be his avatare). Why do you waist your time there??? Snakes and SCORPIONS that can't bite???? Even when they do write it is all NONSENSE....."

Young, Peto. You seem to have more facets than the town clock. I wouldn't believe, "...good morning..", from a scoundrel and rotter, as yourself!

orion69 said:
Bigbusiness member details to free forum:~

Name: bigbusiness
Email: [email protected] (hidden)
Birthday: 01/01/1970
Date Registered: Sept 14, 2005, 18:11
Have you heard of the Data Protection Act 1998 Bully?
If these people are figments of your fevered imagination I think you have nothing to worry about. But if genuine information collected from your website - 'hidden' it says above, presumably from public view - then you (and inadvertantly t2w) are likely to be breaking the law, particularly if the information might be attributed to any individual.
In any event it says little for either your sanity or your discretion. Good entertainment though for those who like peeking inside a madhouse :cheesy:

young 'pubie' Peto,

What have you become? A serpant, perhaps? Or are you just showing your moral and pubessant true self?

Dr. Price said:
Young, Peto. You seem to have more facets than the town clock. I wouldn't believe, "...good morning..", from a scoundrel and rotter, as yourself!
I trust this is not directed at me, Doctor? No-one has called me young for quite some years, I'm sad to report. Perhaps you could ask Bull to forward your message, to the 15 year old female pp character he seems to have an unhealthy obsession with, who apparently works for IB! :eek:

peto said:
Have you heard of the Data Protection Act 1998 Bully?
If these people are figments of your fevered imagination I think you have nothing to worry about. But if genuine information collected from your website - 'hidden' it says above, presumably from public view - then you (and inadvertantly t2w) are likely to be breaking the law, particularly if the information might be attributed to any individual.
In any event it says little for either your sanity or your discretion. Good entertainment though for those who like peeking inside a madhouse :cheesy:

i DONT CARE MUCH ABOUT YOU OR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY! i BELEIVE IN TELLING IT AS IT IS!! WARTS AND ALL! Know what i mean Miss Peto? How is your job at IB doing?? Are you still bringing in clients from these and other forums?

Happy new year to you Miss Peto!

O69

peto said:
I trust this is not directed at me, Doctor? No-one has called me young for quite some years, I'm sad to report. Perhaps you could ask Bull to forward your message, to the 15 year old female pp character he seems to have an unhealthy obsession with, who apparently works for IB! :eek:

You really do have a dark and filthy mind, young Peto!

orion69 said:
Are you also in agreement that the options writers have the edge over the buyers?

http://www.trade2win.com/boards/showthread.php?t=17620

My opinion carries absolutely no weight whatsoever; because I don’t trade option’s and therefore wouldn’t under normal circumstances even dream of offering an opinion. However since you’ve asked me, I’ll respond.

Anyone reading this response should bear in mind that I have only a rudimentary knowledge of options, I’m aware of the basic mechanics and strategies, and I have a grasp of the statistical probabilities involved, but that’s all, I’ve never made or lost a penny trading options, nor am I likely too

However, from my limited knowledge, I am aware that most options expire worthless, which means that the writer is going to be right most of the time, but when they’re wrong, the consequences can potentially be disastrous. In simple terms the writer has become the insurance company, collecting premiums, hoping and praying they don’t get to experience that 1 in 1000 year storm next week.

What I will say however from a more practical perspective is that it’s exceedingly unlikely that either party has what I would term an inherent edge from either buying or selling. If that where the case, it would imply that I could profit from selling naked options tomorrow with absolutely no knowledge whatsoever, and make a killing. I really don’t think that I could do that, and I would also assume you would think that I couldn’t do that either, otherwise you wouldn’t have made your earlier statement about the need for brains and strategies. I certainly wouldnt want to me a member of a group who considered themselves "elite" simply on the basis of knowing one piece of information :LOL:

I think Socrates probably comes closest to answering your particular question, when he made his statement about you mastering a niche. I think in order to be successful you also require trading skills and forecasting abilities, psychological control, I would actually argue that your edge is probably far more to do with minimisation and management of risk, knowledge of hedging strategies, negotiation of protocols with brokers with respect to margin requirements, and probably 1001 other tricks that you’ve picked up over the years that I couldn’t even begin to comprehend. It’s these edges that allow you to sell options profitably, the fact that your selling is of little consequence.

I would argue that a buyer, with similarly honed skills (one of the elite if you like) could also profit, and indeed they do. I trust you see and understand the argument that I’m trying to make. On another level, I am aware that some traders do develop a directional preference or bias, monitoring my own trade results clearly show this to be the case, and it’s a subject I’ve discussed many times previously in private with others who have experienced the same.

I think that the main reason that threads such as yours become a little infuriating for the general readership, and indeed become disruptive is due to the principal participants taking the position that that niche that they’re exploiting (either buying or selling) is the one and only definitive solution.

Its infuriating for 2 reasons, firstly it simply isn’t true, as there are clearly others who exploit diametrically opposing niches to that that you personally adopt, so arguing otherwise doesn’t make much sense.

The second reason its infuriating is the principal participants know that there can never be a satisfactory resolution to these arguments, and the more astute standing on the sidelines are also aware that there can never be a satisfactory resolution without one party letting cats out of bags, that need to remain in bags.

Some might say that it’s almost pointless starting such a thread at all. However I personally wouldn’t take this view, there is a certain educational benefit for members who attempt to follow the various arguments, and I personally must admit to spending a couple of interesting days reading information at both the thinkorswim and liffe websites. It didn’t make me an options trader, and it didn’t qualify me to referee on your argument, but it did expand my horizons and give me a few things to think about so not a complete waste of time.

It’s sad that your thread deteriorated in the way they did, and that your “style” makes you easy to spot on the odd occasion when you pop back in and pay a visits. However when members start calling other members Monkey’s and Morons and start getting hysterical the moderators have little option other than to ply their trade and step in, and in doing so, they provide yet a further example of my earlier comments regarding history repeating.

Perhaps not the answer you or other members of the elite where looking for, but the best I can do from my unfortunate position as intellectual pygmy and ,moron

regards and best wishes
zup

Last edited:
orion69 said:
i DONT CARE MUCH ABOUT YOU OR WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY! i BELEIVE IN TELLING IT AS IT IS!! WARTS AND ALL! Know what i mean Miss Peto? How is your job at IB doing?? Are you still bringing in clients from these and other forums?

Happy new year to you Miss Peto!

O69

:cheesy: 'Mr' actualy, but that aside, hey thanks, if only IB would pay me it'd be even better!

May 2007 also bring to you all that you deserve...

Status
Not open for further replies.