How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
zupcon said:
I appologise for the long post, will however draw your attention to the following section of the post that you couldn’t be bothered to read. Perhaps you could spend 30 seconds of your time to read it

I would actually argue that your edge is probably far more to do with minimisation and management of risk, knowledge of hedging strategies, negotiation of protocols with brokers with respect to margin requirements, and probably 1001 other tricks that you’ve picked up over the years that I couldn’t even begin to comprehend. It’s these edges that allow you to write options profitably, the fact that your writing is of little consequence.

then again, Im an intellectual pygmy, so what the hell would I know

regards
zup
And there again, it might just be that we don't hear about the massive losing trades and the account blow-ups over the years?

grantx said:
“Doctor” Price,

My “intrusive question” was a result of your statement that you are a “Doctor”. Curiosity (no, suspicion) on my part.

“Intellectually advanced”? On what basis could we infer this? Nothing so far, apart from a few fatuous posts.

What do we know? You came from Poland. What this choice or coercion? Choice in that you sought a better life; coercion in that you were a communist, fascist, Jew (more likely you were thrown out for being boring and obnoxious). Your father was a solicitor. Is this relevant to the forum? This is pure fantasy.

“lecturing a lesson” Where the fkcu did you learn English? You’re no more than a doctor than Doctor Faustus. Correction: Doctor Doolittle.

Splitlink,

“Relax, Pinhead, you'll never know.” But what do we know, “Doctor”?

Could someone enlighten me as to this “elite” club?

Grant.

I don't deal with drunkards like yourself. It is quite obvious you have been drinking large amounts of alchohol, grantx.

Contributors would do well to remember that a great fool laughs at everything.

Some of these posts remind me that a man can cut off his hands to stop himself stealing. There is a certain immediate gratification when this is done. But, in reality, he still does not achieve the respect of the Few, as although it is no longer in his power to steal, he is still a thief in his heart.

The same applies to correct thinking.

Dr. Price said:
Well, well, well, 'Blades'. You've been a member since 2004! How many more New Years Resolutions are you going to break?

Next year you really must try to write something worthwhile for the other members. What have you ever written in your long and prestigious time on these boards.

Anything worth reading?

Don't bother answering, i can tell you probably need 4 or 5 years, for the real interesting you to come out.

......and with humour like that, who needs Victoria Woods :LOL:

UTB

peto said:
And there again, it might just be that we don't hear about the massive losing trades and the account blow-ups over the years?

My take on this is neither writers or buyers have an inherent edge, if this was the case, then one could be successful simply by consistently writing, or consistently buying. It’s a simplified argument I know, but one which should hold if there’s an edge, and as we know, that argument dosnt hold. Then again bulldozers understanding of an edge, on an intellectual level, is about as developed as his understanding of a zero sum game.

I have absolutely no reason to doubt Bulldozer is successful employing his strategy, (and indeed does therefore have an edge) and I note with considerable delight and indeed a little amusement that he is in full agreement with me as to what actually constitutes his edge. :LOL:

regards
zup

starspacer said:
Contributors would do well to remember that a great fool laughs at everything.

Some of these posts remind me that a man can cut off his hands to stop himself stealing. There is a certain immediate gratification when this is done. But, in reality, he still does not achieve the respect of the Few, as although it is no longer in his power to steal, he is still a thief in his heart.

The same applies to correct thinking.

A man who continually seeks respect from others cannot respect himself. To be a successful trader, you will only ever need yourself and self respect.

zupcon said:
I appologise for the long post, will however draw your attention to the following section of the post that you couldn’t be bothered to read. Perhaps you could spend 30 seconds of your time to read it

I would actually argue that your edge is probably far more to do with minimisation and management of risk, knowledge of hedging strategies, negotiation of protocols with brokers with respect to margin requirements, and probably 1001 other tricks that you’ve picked up over the years that I couldn’t even begin to comprehend. It’s these edges that allow you to write options profitably, the fact that your writing is of little consequence.

then again, Im an intellectual pygmy, so what the hell would I know

regards
zup

Zup,

Thank you.

O69

grantx said:
“Doctor” Price,

My “intrusive question” was a result of your statement that you are a “Doctor”. Curiosity (no, suspicion) on my part.

“Intellectually advanced”? On what basis could we infer this? Nothing so far, apart from a few fatuous posts.

What do we know? You came from Poland. What this choice or coercion? Choice in that you sought a better life; coercion in that you were a communist, fascist, Jew (more likely you were thrown out for being boring and obnoxious). Your father was a solicitor. Is this relevant to the forum? This is pure fantasy.

“lecturing a lesson” Where the fkcu did you learn English? You’re no more than a doctor than Doctor Faustus. Correction: Doctor Doolittle.

Splitlink,

“Relax, Pinhead, you'll never know.” But what do we know, “Doctor”?

Could someone enlighten me as to this “elite” club?

Grant.

"Could someone enlighten me as to this “elite” club?"

Ask Miss Peto. She tried to get into the Elite club but, got turned down 3 times.

O69

zupcon said:
My take on this is neither writers or buyers have an inherent edge, if this was the case, then one could be successful simply by consistently writing, or consistently buying. It’s a simplified argument I know, but one which should hold if there’s an edge, and as we know, that argument dosnt hold. Then again bulldozers understanding of an edge, on an intellectual level, is about as developed as his understanding of a zero sum game.

I have absolutely no reason to doubt Bulldozer is successful employing his strategy, (and indeed does therefore have an edge) and I note with considerable delight and indeed a little amusement that he is in full agreement with me as to what actually constitutes his edge. :LOL:

regards
zup

Would you like me to prove your comments are wrong on Options?

O69

orion69 said:
Would you like me to prove your comments are wrong on Options?

O69

As Ive said, I believe your edge is due 100% to risk management but Im always happy to be proved wrong.

As I also said in my long post, its unlikely that you be able to prove your assertions in public, as that would require you to disclose what should not be disclosed.

regards
zup

Dr. Price said:
Hello and greetings, CYOF. As my name may suggest i am a Doctor and lifelong student of price action within the financial markets. I've been reading this thread with wry amusement as it twists and turns on it's long road to nowhere. I'm 87 years old next month, so trust me when i say you are a fool. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but you are a fool. You are trying to walk in the shoes of the great masters, stumbling and floundering about with the finesse of a baffoon at a mensa meeting. Do you, think you will ever recieve the 'pens', like SOCRATES and Starspacer? I doubt it, not for a while anyway, judging by your text. You are like a 4 year old child tryng on his fathers attire, hoping one day you too will be of age. Now go, CYOF, and study the art of price action, it is a way of life, not just something you read about when buying a new indicator or system. Study it well and it will serve you like a nobleman, disregard it, and it will come back to haunt your tiny mind. Be at one with price or live a life of market purgatory. You have been warned.
Dr, you are a mere child of the Universe. Now here lies the truth...

http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/age/

:cheesy:

zupcon said:
As Ive said, I believe your edge is due 100% to risk management but Im always happy to be proved wrong.

As I also said in my long post, its unlikely that you be able to prove your assertions in public, as that would require you to disclose what should not be disclosed.

regards
zup

Zup,

dont worry i wont disclose my method or strategies on Hedging.

I will prove your comments are wrong on who has the EDGE [Writers or Buyers]

http://investrio.investopedia.com/articles/optioninvestor/03/100103.asp

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/articles/general_articles/the-cash-cow/?r

http://www.trade2win.com/knowledge/...the-cash-cow/?r

http://investrio.investopedia.com/a...r/03/100103.asp

http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1G1-98592881.html

starspacer said:
Dr, you are a mere child of the Universe. Now here lies the truth...

http://www.exploratorium.edu/ronh/age/

:cheesy:

And just look at how something that’s initially seams so bewilderingly complex can be reduced to such simple mathematics ;)

Do you perhaps agree with the sentiment that equations are guides to thinking :eek:

regards
zup

orion69 said:
Zup,

dont worry i wont disclose my method or strategies on Hedging.

I will prove your comments are wrong on who has the EDGE [Writers or Buyers]

Thanks for the links, I'll certainly take a look tommorrow as its getting late, and Ive still work to complete.

regards
zup

To all who spit churlish venom at other posts:

The Masters keep their brilliance by not seeking to undermine others. They understand every method of guile used by the Masses. It is not easily understood by others.

This is the path to correct thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.