How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
CYOF said:
Fair post - as to losing the plot, done that a long time ago :LOL:

Looking forward to the reply.

Regards,

Hello and greetings, CYOF. As my name may suggest i am a Doctor and lifelong student of price action within the financial markets. I've been reading this thread with wry amusement as it twists and turns on it's long road to nowhere. I'm 87 years old next month, so trust me when i say you are a fool. I'm sorry to be so blunt, but you are a fool. You are trying to walk in the shoes of the great masters, stumbling and floundering about with the finesse of a baffoon at a mensa meeting. Do you, think you will ever recieve the 'pens', like SOCRATES and Starspacer? I doubt it, not for a while anyway, judging by your text. You are like a 4 year old child tryng on his fathers attire, hoping one day you too will be of age. Now go, CYOF, and study the art of price action, it is a way of life, not just something you read about when buying a new indicator or system. Study it well and it will serve you like a nobleman, disregard it, and it will come back to haunt your tiny mind. Be at one with price or live a life of market purgatory. You have been warned.

"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people."

Sounds more like the Austrian bride of Loius XVI, than yet another celebrity icon.
Seriously, isn't the concept of suffering being good for the soul merely another ploy of the clerical classes to keep the downtrodden masses in their place. It is not only a Christian concept but has been taken up by some other religions since.
So what's the connection with trading?
Such religious concepts long since entered the popular culture and one of them is that you need to suffer big trading losses before you can be successful. Good for the soul, they say. I don't agree.
Another example of incorrect thinking which almost everybody adheres to. Tell them facts and if they are not already part of the received wisdom, then they are disregarded and the messenger is ridiculed or ignored.
Worse still, facts are treated like views and are perceived on the basis of moral relativism - the curse of our times.
Richard

Last edited:
zupcon said:
:)

However, perhaps we can briefly discuss this hall of mirrors, does the person in the hall know they are in the hall, or are they oblivious to this fact?, and why would someone place themselves in the hall to begin with knowing the difficulties this could potentially lead to ?/QUOTE]

Some are oblivious to the fact that they are in the hall of mirrors and remain totally oblivious until they eventually give up.
Some take a peek through the door into the hall of mirrors and decide very quickly that this is not a place they want to go.
Some take a peek through the door then step back and contemplate the challenges that lie ahead. If they were to enter the hall of mirrors, what needs to be done in order to walk a path so that they can come out the other side relatively unscathed and with a total understanding of the journey and ultimate destination.

Traders are made not born contrary to what his purpleness would have us believe.

Mr. Charts said:
"I think it is very beautiful for the poor to accept their lot, to share it with the passion of Christ. I think the world is being much helped by the suffering of the poor people."

Sounds more like the Austrian bride of Loius XVI, than yet another celebrity icon.
Seriously, isn't the concept of suffering being good for the soul merely another ploy of the clerical classes to keep the downtrodden masses in their place. It is not only a Christian concept but has been taken up by some other religions since.
So what's the connection with trading?
Such religious concepts long since entered the popular culture and one of them is that you need to suffer big trading losses before you can be successful. Good for the soul, they say. I don't agree.
Another example of incorrect thinking which almost everybody adheres to. Tell them facts and if they are not already part of the received wisdom, then they are disregarded and the messenger is ridiculed or ignored.
Worse still, facts are treated like views and are perceived on the basis of moral relativism - the curse of our times.
Richard
I agree with everything in your post except one word - the word views in your last sentence:

QUOTE Worse still, facts are treated like views and are percieved on the basis of moral relativism - the curse of our times.QUOTE

I think it would be more appropriate to use the word opinion in its place as it is more fitting.
A view is a disconnected and impartial observation devoid of emotion, whereas an opinion always has an emotion attached to it, because an opinion includes the self, in effect the ego.

Emotions stimulate responses, but the responses they stimulate are often not rational, and therefore unreliable, hence to arrive at conclusions approached via logical deduction and reasoning, emotion has to be left out of the process and at the same time, the interference in the process caused by self, that is, the ego.

Now I am including the above posting this in reply because it is relevant to Frugi's post above.

You see, money...or the concept of money...or the convept of riches...for some peculiar reason carries charge. When I say it carries charge, I mean it has charge attached to it capable of stimulating opinion and hence emotion and hence the ability to awake the ego, and it does not matter in which order this chain reaction occurs, because the result is the same.

This brings me to the subject of poverty.

They say that money does not bring happiness. This statement may be true, but not certain.
But what is an absolute certainty is that lack of money will bring unhappiness.

Therefore the root cause of this unhappiness (an inability to enjoy luxuries, attend to needs, or even pay bills) is rooted in a condition.

That condition is a condition of poverty.

Poverty of money.

But this is not the only kind of poverty that exists.

There is poverty of spirit, poverty of awareness, poverty of knowledge, poverty of education, poverty of conduct, poverty of manners, poverty of attitude, poverty of culture, poverty of expression, poverty of understanding, poverty of acceptance, poverty of tolerance,, poverty of enlightenment,,,,,you see there are lots of different kinds of poverties.

Yet, the only one that seems to trigger a response for the masses to correct...by any means possible...is poverty of money.

By concentrating on remedying a poverty of money, the masses ignore all the other poverties they suffer from which require the same, if not more attention as a matter of great urgency, because they are truly the keys to solving most if not all of their problems.

Yet, for some reason, they are for the most part, completely ignored,

I often wonder why this is.

counter_violent said:
zupcon said:

However, perhaps we can briefly discuss this hall of mirrors, does the person in the hall know they are in the hall, or are they oblivious to this fact?, and why would someone place themselves in the hall to begin with knowing the difficulties this could potentially lead to ?/QUOTE]

Some are oblivious to the fact that they are in the hall of mirrors and remain totally oblivious until they eventually give up.
Some take a peek through the door into the hall of mirrors and decide very quickly that this is not a place they want to go.
Some take a peek through the door then step back and contemplate the challenges that lie ahead. If they were to enter the hall of mirrors, what needs to be done in order to walk a path so that they can come out the other side relatively unscathed and with a total understanding of the journey and ultimate destination.

Traders are made not born contrary to what his purpleness would have us believe.
.:rolleyes: :LOL:

Good evening, Socrates,
Yes, you are quite correct, opinion is a much more appropriate word than view in this context.
Interestingly for those who think it a nice distinction or mere semantics, one says "opinionated" to indicate someone wrapped up in their loud selves and ego-centric. There is no comparable word derived from "view" as it implies objectivity and distance.
Ego and super-ego are other words frequently used interchangeably and in a slovenly fashion as are "subjective" and "objective". Some people view them as distinctive though those who have no idea about how to think believe their objective "view" to be unsullied by their subjective experience and behavioural tendencies.
However, these are subjects for a different time of night and a different environment ;-)
Goodnight,
Richard

zupcon said:

However, perhaps we can briefly discuss this hall of mirrors, does the person in the hall know they are in the hall, or are they oblivious to this fact?, and why would someone place themselves in the hall to begin with knowing the difficulties this could potentially lead to ?

regards
zup
in reply to your first question :~

Sadly those that are trapped in the hall of mirrors are unaware of the fact, such is the insidious nature of the laberinth.

In reply to your second question:~

Because the hall of mirrors is specifically constructed to insidiously entrap and to disable, so it is not a matter of choice, but of sad and bitter circumstances of global proportions.

You only have to look on this thread to see some blatant examples of this unpleasant and malevolent affliction.

SOCRATES said:
Do you all now see what I mean ?

Looking for approval / comrades / reinforcements.....why ? because he is on unsure ground. :LOL:
Pitiful, isn't it ?;)
What a prize tit you really are :LOL:

Some members have telephoned me or messaged me to ask why I bother to continue posting.

The explanation to all of you who have enquired is as follows:~

To bring to the notice of the most enlightened members how it is that we are surrounded by people unworthy of being given anything of value and how it is we are persistently interrupted by individuals who ought to keep quiet and not display their ignorance as if it were a virtue, and additionally as a warning, not to be generous with one's hard earned knowledge and expertise, indiscriminately.:)

SOCRATES said:
Some members have telephoned me or messaged me to ask why I bother to continue posting.

well at last you've hit on something that 60,000 members can agree on.

:LOL:

UTB

101 pages ... and more people watching the thread than I've ever seen before on T2W

And all that was required to achieve it was to sink to the same level as the competition - congratulations T2W!

My family and i came to this country from Poland, my father, a solicitor, was a great market visionary and philosipher. He understood the freedom that the market offered, and that you did not need a kings ransome to reap the fruits of such a beautiful concept. He also understood that it was mans own undoing as for thier reasons of failure. How can so much be offered, and yet in the name of ignorance and greed, be so misunderstood and undiscovered. The markets can liberate your soul and senses, all you have to do is open your eyes and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.