How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOCRATES said:
The masses, through dereliction of proper enterprise are apt to misdirect themselves into a hall of mirrors, in which each reflection serves to confuse and disorientate. The problem for them is that though at first the experience may no doubt be enjoyable and the entry ticket is a free one, the exit ticket becomes anavailable thus trapping them without rescue or hope of relief of any sort. The master occupies another dimension, in which multiple confusing refections do not figure, and, untainted and uncontaminated by such hindrances, from a great height does he observe the antics of the trapped from a viewpoint of wry amusement and in quiet contemplation.

:LOL:

UTB

Last edited:
Master of a niche

Precise:

The master occupies another dimension, in which multiple confusing refections do not figure, and, untainted and uncontaminated by such hindrances, from a great height does he observe the antics of the trapped from a viewpoint of wry amusement and in quiet contemplation.

andycan said:
I like to see winners!!!
i have had the absolute privilege to see one work first hand, when you see that level of skill its harmonious
like a grand master performing his forms, it also gives one inspiration, a tangible ideal to aim for

I think the GENIUS your refering to is found on this thread below. He predicts 10 winning trades on the spin without a single loser! And He delivers 15 winners instead of TEN and then close out thread. :cool: [5 pages on thread] Please keep in mind that FTSE expired above 6200 on DEC triple witching day 15th DEC :idea:

http://www.tacticaltrader.com/forum/read-topic/166/The-Options-Edge-writing-vs-buying

Happy new year to you Sir.

Last edited:
Last edited:
You and Them

If you are successful, you will win some false friends and some true enemies.
Succeed anyway.

If you are honest and frank, people may cheat you.
Be honest and frank anyway.

What you spend years building, someone could destroy overnight.
Build anyway.

If you find serenity and happiness, they may be jealous.
Be happy anyway.

The good you do today, people will often forget tomorrow.
Do good anyway.

Give the world the best you have, and it may never be enough.
Give the world the best you've got anyway.

You see, in the final analysis, it is between you and God. It was never between you and them anyway.

--Written by Mother Teresa--

SOCRATES said:
The masses, through dereliction of proper enterprise are apt to misdirect themselves into a hall of mirrors, in which each reflection serves to confuse and disorientate. The problem for them is that though at first the experience may no doubt be enjoyable and the entry ticket is a free one, the exit ticket becomes anavailable thus trapping them without rescue or hope of relief of any sort. The master occupies another dimension, in which multiple confusing refections do not figure, and, untainted and uncontaminated by such hindrances, from a great height does he observe the antics of the trapped from a viewpoint of wry amusement and in quiet contemplation.
I wished to commend your post Socrates but it appears that The Thirty will not permit. I am told to 'spread around my commendations', to reward the undeserving Masses. No, I won't do it. Principle is more important than expediency.

Zup, I almost commended your post, but you have more work to do. You have potential, although I fear it may be wasted in the 'hall of mirrors'.:(

orion69 said:
I think the GENIUS your refering to is found on this thread below. He predicts 10 winning trades on the spin without a single loser! And He delivers 15 winners instead of TEN and then close out thread. :cool: [5 pages on thread] Please keep in mind that FTSE expired above 6200 on DEC triple witching day 15th DEC :idea:

http://www.tacticaltrader.com/forum/read-topic/166/The-Options-Edge-writing-vs-buying

Happy new year to you Sir.

im sure this chap is brilliant but i cant comment as i dont know who he is The person im refering to is a humble farmer from the states
which i met by sheer coincidence and we have remaind great friends since
he has been at it for 30 years and when we were trading together he had hundereds of trades without a loser
and i was there to witness it and it was to say the least an incredible feat which he does quite often
ironically he makes millions a year out of trading but prefares to be out in the open farming and living a simplistic life style

andycan said:
im sure this chap is brilliant but i cant comment as i dont know who he is The person im refering to is a humble farmer from the states
which i met by sheer coincidence and we have remaind great friends since
he has been at it for 30 years and when we were trading together he had hundereds of trades without a loser
and i was there to witness it and it was to say the least an incredible feat which he does quite often
ironically he makes millions a year out of trading but prefares to be out in the open farming and living a simplistic life style

Hi Andy.

Thanks for your post and comments on your friend.
What is he trading and what method does he use? You can reply by PM if you like.

SOCRATES said:

That was part 1....

Here is part 2...

There is such a being as a master and such a being as an absolute master. The master, though untainted and uncontaminated by hindrances is not yet complete in all the ramifications of his faculties. He is from time to time subject to ambushes of his own making which he succumbs to.... these ambushes are not of proficiency but of the mind, which is apt to play tricks with the emotions leading to bursts of unrestrained exuberance, impulsiveness and even boasting. The absolute master, by comparison, does not allow the mind to play tricks with the emotions at all, is able to remain calm, rational and impartial from a disconnected posture as a consequence of an elevated viewpoint, the consequence of ultimate self mastery, that is, by attainment of self gorvernance of the highest order.

SOCRATES said:

That was part 1....

Here is part 2...

There is such a being as a master and such a being as an absolute master. The master, though untainted and uncontaminated by hindrances is not yet complete in all the ramifications of his faculties. He is from time to time subject to ambushes of his own making which he succumbs to.... these ambushes are not of proficiency but of the mind, which is apt to play tricks with the emotions leading to bursts of unrestrained exuberance, impulsiveness and even boasting. The absolute master, by comparison, does not allow the mind to play tricks with the emotions at all, is able to remain calm, rational and impartial from a disconnected posture as a consequence of an elevated viewpoint, the consequence of ultimate self mastery, that is, by attainment of self gorvernance of the highest order.

Part 1;

:LOL:

Part 2;

:LOL: :LOL:

UTB

PS - you take yourself far too seriously, Soc

Last edited:
SOCRATES said:
That was part 1....

Here is part 2...

Precisely. Furthermore, the Master seeks to provide a special kind of knowledge. One which has never illuminated the world before. The mob will briefly, very briefly, glimpse this. For a flicker of time, they have become more than a pre-cambrian spinning cloud of dust containing the muons of life. :idea:

Then, they will laugh, point fingers, gesticulate and roar their collective disapproval. Just like a monster makes a show.

The Master has no choice but to seek impenetrable secrecy. He is then at liberty to doctor to the soul of the mob. For despite their ungratefulness, without reward, he still seeks to help them achieve their Nirvana.

starspacer said:
Precisely. Furthermore, the Master seeks to provide a special kind of knowledge. One which has never illuminated the world before. The mob will briefly, very briefly, glimpse this. For a flicker of time, they have become more than a pre-cambrian spinning cloud of dust containing the muons of life. :idea:

Then, they will laugh, point fingers, gesticulate and roar their collective disapproval. Just like a monster makes a show.

The Master has no choice but to seek impenetrable secrecy. He is then at liberty to doctor to the soul of the mob. For despite their ungratefulness, without reward, he still seeks to help them achieve their Nirvana.
Exactly, precisely, but the problem is he cannot be them for them, much as he might persist.

zupcon said:
At last we seam to be in some form of agreement...
No, I think you must have misunderstood.

Alternatively, and what I find infinitely more satisfying, is becoming a part of the environment, and attempting to solve the puzzle from that perspective.
You must become the whole, not the part.

I suspect that we are poles apart in our approach, I’m mechanical, relatively inexperienced, and your obviously not. I will concede that despite my clunky mechanical approach, some days I’m in tune and other days I’m not, and when I’m not I soon know about it. I spend a lot of time sailing, and this is really the only other thing that I’ve ever experienced that comes close to providing these sorts of intuitive challenges.
Your intellectual journey to Mastery has only just begun. You are at Cowes and your destination is Cape Town.

Most of the time, I’m a soulless robotic machine with as much soul or intuition as the bar code scanner at my local supermarket...
Yes, I thought as much. As you say, we are poles apart.

I might cover this in a little more detail when I reply to CYOF, as I honestly do believe that for the novice trader my approach has some merit, and provides an easier platform from which to build.
Yes, the easier route is always the first ‘port of call’ on the journey. You may achieve initial success, but sooner or later you will despair and seek help from the Masters. We may decide to be generous when that time comes.

I may be wrong, and from a personal perspective it’s all far too late now, I took the approach I took and I am where I am, but I think it’s a debate worth having.
Of course. :cheesy:

starspacer said:

Yes, the easier route is always the first ‘port of call’ on the journey. You may achieve initial success, but sooner or later you will despair and seek help from the Masters. We may decide to be generous when that time comes.

Of course. :cheesy:

:) Thanks, I sent you a PM, as you raised a couple of points I was uncomfortable with discussing in public, hope you dont mind.

However, perhaps we can briefly discuss this hall of mirrors, does the person in the hall know they are in the hall, or are they oblivious to this fact?, and why would someone place themselves in the hall to begin with knowing the difficulties this could potentially lead to ?

regards
zup

zupcon said:
:) Thanks, I sent you a PM, as you raised a couple of points I was uncomfortable with discussing in public, hope you dont mind.

However, perhaps we can briefly discuss this hall of mirrors, does the person in the hall know they are in the hall, or are they oblivious to this fact?, and why would someone place themselves in the hall to begin with knowing the difficulties this could potentially lead to ?

regards
zup
I commend you on your brave PM zupcon. You have risen in my estimation and I will provide a detailed response by PM in due course. I thank you for your best wishes. Not necessary, but I thank you all the same.

starspacer

Starspacer.

People are often unreasonable, irrational, and self-centered;
Forgive them anyway. :idea: At least during festive times :cool:

If you are kind, people may accuse you of selfish, ulterior motives;
Be kind anyway. :idea:

By Mother T

Status
Not open for further replies.