How To Think Correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
dbphoenix said:
A. Yes, you've clearly stated your views. However, they do not pertain to what I said.

B. Whether Bertie's posts are "intriguing" or not is beside the point, which is achieving the understanding you claim to want.

C. You still don't understand -- or for some reason want to avoid -- the difference between a plan and a strategy. Anything can be a plan. "Buy hammers" is a plan. But you have no strategy. Unless and until you've tested what you intend to do in order to find out whether or not it generates a consistent profit, you may as well stuff your money in a paper bag and set it on fire.

Db
So what do you define as a strategy ?

You have no idea....that to me again is obvious...... otherwise you would not pontificate the way you do,....... or.....what is worse, to mislead people like you persist in doing....like the endless rigmarole you led Firewalker earlier in the year....if it were not so serious it would be comical......... so you are in no position to criticise....because...you don;t know. What is more, I hold the view it is best if you remain as you are and are not taught.

My darksiding friends are unanimous that you should stay exactly where you are...in the dark.

Spam Man said:
I am in constant CB Radio contact with a hugely respected and spectacularly endowed member who no longer posts because he spilt lager on his keyboard. He is asking me to tell you that you appear to have quite a serious case of head gout, and perhaps you should lie down in a darkened room for a while.

My reply to him - "That's a big 10-4 good buddy. Over!". :eek:
Tell him to lay off the sauce, and you yourself as well while you are at it.:rolleyes:

Donald cleans the stygean stables

CYOF said:
To complete any successful project, you must first understand the process - or steps - that will allow you complete each task within the specified time allowed.

In reality, what happens with the majority of projects that are completed by major multi-nationals, is that, they end up wasting vast amounts of money, simply because the people in charge (and this can sometimes be the responsibility of one person) do not understand the process, and what the value of using such a process really is.

So, why are these people paid vast amounts of money, even though they clearly demonstrate their ability (or lack of) on a daily basis?

Power and authority - thats why.

And why do they want to maintain this power and authority -simple - because it is in their own interests, no more, no less.

So, do you want to continue carrying out projects (trying out trading systems) as the powers that be put forward (those who publish books and courses), or do you think it may be better to understand how the process works (market psychology - in other words, how traders think) so that you shift the balance of power!

Remember, the powers that be will always do whats best for their own interests, not yours.

Sometimes it is TIME WELL SPENT, but only if you understand what it is you are trying to understand - and I am not meaning to sound like Socrates, more like Donald Rumpsfield and the unknown unknowns :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

cardrumsfeldbigqv3.jpg

.And we all know Donald talked a load of bull****e :cheesy:

SOCRATES said:
So what do you define as a strategy ?

You have no idea....that to me again is obvious...... otherwise you would not pontificate the way you do,....... or.....what is worse, to mislead people like you persist in doing....like the endless rigmarole you led Firewalker earlier in the year....if it were not so serious it would be comical......... so you are in no position to criticise....because...you don;t know. What is more, I hold the view it is best if you remain as you are and are not taught.

My darksiding friends are unanimous that you should stay exactly where you are...in the dark.

If you weren't so intellectually limited, Bertie, you'd know what I define as a strategy by reading my Trading Journals posts. Not that that would do you any good since you're incapable of understanding the process.

Tell you what, Bertie. If you're the hot stuff you claim to be, why not work with CYOF in his trading journal, helping him along the way in his journey, helping him find the right path and helping him avoid the wrong path, explaining to him exactly what to do and how to do it and when to do it, what to think and how to think it and when to think it? We would all learn so much from the self-professed master. Perhaps even your "friends" would help, if they could stop giggling long enough to do so.

Or you can remain in the Psychology Forum, regurgitating again and again what you've read somewhere or "borrowed" from somebody, pretending profundity when all you have to offer are mildly entertaining diversions (assuming that one considers belittlement and bullying to be entertaining).

You'll never shut up. That's too much to hope for. But surely there's no reason why you'd refuse to put up, given all that you claim to know and to be able to do . . .

Db

Invisable friends

Spam Man said:
I am in constant CB Radio contact with a hugely respected and spectacularly endowed member who no longer posts because he spilt lager on his keyboard. He is asking me to tell you that you appear to have quite a serious case of head gout, and perhaps you should lie down in a darkened room for a while.

My reply to him - "That's a big 10-4 good buddy. Over!". :eek:

Spam

Joan of Arc had a similar problem to yours ( Voices in the head) but her invisable friend was not a big knob who could not manage basic manual tasks ( Hold his lager container upright).
However, even Joan went up in a puff of smoke. Fore - and cleared the bunker. :LOL:

I know - I know: not much going on at the moment :cheesy:

Attachments

• troll-bg.jpeg
    troll-bg.jpeg
    200.4 KB · Views: 557
dbphoenix said:
If you weren't so intellectually limited, Bertie, you'd know what I define as a strategy by reading my Trading Journals posts. Not that that would do you any good since you're incapable of understanding the process.

Tell you what, Bertie. If you're the hot stuff you claim to be, why not work with CYOF in his trading journal, helping him along the way in his journey, helping him find the right path and helping him avoid the wrong path, explaining to him exactly what to do and how to do it and when to do it, what to think and how to think it and when to think it? We would all learn so much from the self-professed master. Perhaps even your "friends" would help, if they could stop giggling long enough to do so.

Or you can remain in the Psychology Forum, regurgitating again and again what you've read somewhere or "borrowed" from somebody, pretending profundity when all you have to offer are mildly entertaining diversions (assuming that one considers belittlement and bullying to be entertaining).

You'll never shut up. That's too much to hope for. But surely there's no reason why you'd refuse to put up, given all that you claim to know and to be able to do . . .

Db

Db,

I have great admiration for any person that trades fulltime - more so for those who had to learn the hard way than those who have vacated the large trading rooms - as I know only too well what commitment is required to even contemplate full time trading.

If I so desired, I could show you a fully mapped out PROCESS for daytrading Nas Tech Stocks, which took me 6 months of fulltime trading to initially explore the available options, and then a further 3 months of trading to perfect the PROCESS so that each, and every day, I was able to place winning trades as well as losing trades.

NOTE: I did not say that I was able to place more winning trades than losing trades every day, why, because I discovered that trading for consistent profits has nothing to do with the winners versus the losers.

BUT: It has everything to do with WHEN you enter the market, the HOW is easy, and when in the market, what you allow to happen.

You speak of backtesting, strategies, journals, etc, but to be very honest, what you say does not start ringing any bells in my head. It is more of - THE SAME OLD STUFF - so as to speak.

NOW: If you would like to show us your Expectancy figure (based on real trading results), which I can assist you with compiling, if you so desire, then I will sit up and listen to what you have to say if your results warrant same.

Until such time, I am sorry to say, that the information you post is really of no value to me.

Socrates, on the other hand, even though most traders takes his posts the wrong way, has the ability to start little bells ringing in my head.

Last edited:
dbphoenix said:

Db

You see....

YOU DON'T KNOW

It is that simple...

I am not the only member to point out to you that what you post is of no value.

You are being told that what you post is rubbish. Now do you understand more clearly ?

CYOF said:
Db,

I have great admiration for any person that trades fulltime - more so for those who had to learn the hard way than those who have vacated the large trading rooms - as I know only too well what commitment is required to even contemplate full time trading.

If I so desired, I could show you a fully mapped out PROCESS for daytrading Nas Tech Stocks, which took me 6 months of fulltime trading to initially explore the available options, and then a further 3 months of trading to perfect the PROCESS so that each, and every day, I was able to place winning trades as well as losing trades.

NOTE: I did not say that I was able to place more winning trades than losing trades every day, why, because I discovered that trading for consistent profits has nothing to do with the winners versus the losers.

BUT: It has everything to do with WHEN you enter the market, the HOW is easy, and when in the market, what you allow to happen.

You speak of backtesting, strategies, journals, etc, but to be very honest, what you say does not start ringing any bells in my head. It is more of - THE SAME OLD STUFF - so as to speak.

NOW: If you would like to show us your Expectancy figure (based on real trading results), which I can assist you with compiling, if you so desire, then I will sit up and listen to what you have to say if your results warrant same.

Until such time, I am sorry to say, that the information you post is really of no value to me.

Socrates, on the other hand, even though most traders takes his posts the wrong way, has the ability to start little bells ringing in my head.

If you're equating "process" with "strategy", that's fine. The label doesn't matter. However, I've seen no evidence of a consistently profitable process/strategy being applied to your trades. This is not a personal criticism, just an observation.

As for the backtesting et al, you are free to consider it "old stuff". However, you again fail to address my point, which is your reluctance to keep an open mind on the subject, a state which you claim to value.

As for my "expectancy" figure, if you believe that whatever figure is provided to you by habitues of message boards can be relied upon as accurate, you are being naive. To avoid attending to anyone who doesn't provide you with some figure or other is even worse.

As to the information I post being of no value to you, that's unfortunate. As to whether Bertie's posts are of value (what is his "expectancy", by the way?), we'll see how your account fares as the days, weeks, and months roll by.

Hope everything works out for you.

Db

SOCRATES said:
You see....

YOU DON'T KNOW

It is that simple...

I am not the only member to point out to you that what you post is of no value.

You are being told that what you post is rubbish. Now do you understand more clearly ?

Like I said, Bertie, put it out there. Let's see it. Work with CYOF -- or anybody -- and show him how it's done. Step by step.

Show us how talented and able and knowledgeable you are, Bertie. Otherwise, it's all just smoke and mirrors.

Db

dbphoenix said:
Like I said, Bertie, put it out there. Let's see it. Work with CYOF -- or anybody -- and show him how it's done. Step by step.

Show us how talented and able and knowledgeable you are, Bertie. Otherwise, it's all just smoke and mirrors.

Db
Ha Ha Ha Ha ....you are funny !

Why should I do that ?

Merely to satisfy you ?

Ha Ha Ha Ha .....NO.

Who are you that I should be obligated in any way to prove anything to you and for what reason anyway ?

You have to stay where you are.......exactlly where you are....... in the dark.

If I choose to work with anyone you will not get a look in.

I have just had a skype conversation with an expert member who no longer posts who suggested to me I should invite you to work with him and all proceeds go to charity.

I have been able to persuade him of the futitity of such a sentiment, and succeeded in dissuading him from taking on the burden of including you in his group.

SOCRATES said:
Ha Ha Ha Ha ....you are funny !

Why should I do that ?

Merely to satisfy you ?

Ha Ha Ha Ha .....NO.

Who are you that I should be obligated in any way to prove anything to you and for what reason anyway ?

You have to stay where you are.......exactlly where you are....... in the dark.

If I choose to work with anyone you will not get a look in.

I have just had a skype conversation with an expert member who no longer posts who suggested to me I should invite you to work with him and all proceeds go to charity.

I have been able to persuade him of the futitity of such a sentiment, and succeeded in dissuading him from taking on the burden of including you in his group.

Ah, we're back to Teflon Bertie.

C'mon, Bertie. You claim to be so hot. Show us. Put it out there. If there's any "it" to put. :)

Db

dbphoenix said:
Ah, we're back to Teflon Bertie.

C'mon, Bertie. You claim to be so hot. Show us. Put it out there. If there's any "it" to put. :)

Db
You see how you don't really know anything....

The required mental state is not to be "hot" as yyu say.

The required mental state is to be "ccol", and with the ability to recognise and pounce on an opportunity in a nanosecond and to do the same to get out, and to maintain a "supercooled mental state" all day in front of screens if necessary, and on command, at will.

I am not putting out anythng for you, I have already told you so do not insist because I will not do it ~ not because I cannot, but because I do not want to, as I do not consider it prudent, worthwhile or of any need.

In the dark you are and in the dark you must remain.

SOCRATES said:
You see how you don't really know anything....

The required mental state is not to be "hot" as yyu say.

The required mental state is to be "ccol", and with the ability to recognise and pounce on an opportunity in a nanosecond and to do the same to get out, and to maintain a "supercooled mental state" all day in front of screens if necessary, and on command, at will.

I am not putting out anythng for you, I have already told you so do not insist because I will not do it ~ not because I cannot, but because I do not want to, as I do not consider it prudent, worthwhile or of any need.

In the dark you are and in the dark you must remain.

Okay, be cool, then. Fine by me, Teflon. Show us that keen, laser-like ability you have to recognize and pounce. Take us through it step by step.

Or can't you do anything but talk about it . . .? :LOL:

Db

dbphoenix said:
Okay, be cool, then. Fine by me, Teflon. Show us that keen, laser-like ability you have to recognize and pounce. Take us through it step by step.

Or can't you do anything but talk about it . . .? :LOL:

Db
You are not entitled to be demonstrated anything, period.

SOCRATES said:
You are not entitled to be demonstrated anything, period.

But there are thousands of members eagerly awaiting the practical application of your wisdom, Bertie. How can you deny them this extraordinary opportunity?

Surely your "friends" will help you if you're unable to perform.

Surely. :LOL:

Db

dbphoenix said:
But there are thousands of members eagerly awaiting the practical application of your wisdom, Bertie. How can you deny them this extraordinary opportunity?

Surely your "friends" will help you if you're unable to perform.

Surely. :LOL:

Db
NO is NO...:cheesy:....you are not entitled...period.

SOCRATES said:
NO is NO...:cheesy:....you are not entitled...period.

He said pinkly as he stamped his widdow foot. :LOL:

C'mon, Bertie. Surely the emperor isn't naked . . . :LOL:

Db

Status
Not open for further replies.