Best Thread FXCM Discussion

Jason,
could you ask FXCM to put a "Go To Break Even" button on their platform. I think traders who mainly scalp would find this extremely useful. I certainly would.

If that is possible, could you also add a couple of buttons which you could set up like hot keys, or Function Keys. For example maybe F1 could be change stop order to trailing static to dynamic @ 10 pips...?

Thanks for a great platform, so much better than CityIndex or iii.co.uk

Hello Jason,
could you clear something up for us over here on this thread http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-firm/133032-london-stone-trading-12.html

Some of the more senior members, feel that FXCM is a SB company due to the instruments they offer, though I have tried to outline that I don't have a FXCM Spread Betting account and that I have a FX and CFD account. I know that I am able to get a SB account with you and I am still unsure of the differences other than TAX between the accounts.

I just think if you comment on what is available from FXCM directly you maybe able to help these blinkered people understand your product better or educate me in what I have signed up for at least regarding the Prop Firm who uses your platform.

Hello Jason,
could you clear something up for us over here on this thread http://www.trade2win.com/boards/trading-firm/133032-london-stone-trading-12.html

Some of the more senior members, feel that FXCM is a SB company due to the instruments they offer, though I have tried to outline that I don't have a FXCM Spread Betting account and that I have a FX and CFD account. I know that I am able to get a SB account with you and I am still unsure of the differences other than TAX between the accounts.

I just think if you comment on what is available from FXCM directly you maybe able to help these blinkered people understand your product better or educate me in what I have signed up for at least regarding the Prop Firm who uses your platform.

iamnev,

We get asked this question all the time.

Yes, CFD and SB accounts are different account types. You are right that the only difference is the tax treatment for SB accounts. There's no difference besides that.

Hope that helps!

- Jason

Jason,
could you ask FXCM to put a "Go To Break Even" button on their platform. I think traders who mainly scalp would find this extremely useful. I certainly would.

If that is possible, could you also add a couple of buttons which you could set up like hot keys, or Function Keys. For example maybe F1 could be change stop order to trailing static to dynamic @ 10 pips...?

Thanks for a great platform, so much better than CityIndex or iii.co.uk

iamnev,

Yes, I will ask to add a "Break Even" button and the ability to add buttons that can be set as hotkeys (not too sure on whether this one will work or not but will certainly ask).

Let's talk offline by email because I'd like to see what other ideas you have or features you need to trade better. Any reasonable feature request you provide will be considered for our early 2012 Trading Station Update. When you have a chance, email me at [email protected] so I can talk to you about what new features we plan to offer and to get your feedback.

Cheers,

- Jason

I noticed a bug in marketscope 2.0. When you add a trendline based on highs/lows/etc. and the candles you used to make the trendline are no longer in your zoomed in view, the trendlines will become horizontal ones. Then, you have to zoom out until you can see those candles again and the trendline will attach to them correctly. Then, you zoom back to where you were looking and it's fine. But you have to do it each time you start up marketscope 2.0.

Also, in the CNBC simulator, when you were adding stops and limits, it told you your expected profit or loss, and I don't see that anywhere in Trading Station 2.0. Could you add that: show pips/total loss or profit for your stop/limit while adding it?

Could you also explain the difference between a micro and mini FXCM account? I've looked on the website, and it has very vague descriptions (with the only solid difference being live support). It says "No Dealing Desk Forex Execution" but when I google for the differences, I came up with some links saying micro accounts have that too. The website also says "Tight competitive forex spreads for major currencies" for the mini account, but I think it also says that elsewhere about the micro account. Are the spreads even tighter with a mini account? If so, by how much?

Last edited:
I noticed a bug in marketscope 2.0. When you add a trendline based on highs/lows/etc. and the candles you used to make the trendline are no longer in your zoomed in view, the trendlines will become horizontal ones. Then, you have to zoom out until you can see those candles again and the trendline will attach to them correctly. Then, you zoom back to where you were looking and it's fine. But you have to do it each time you start up marketscope 2.0.

Also, in the CNBC simulator, when you were adding stops and limits, it told you your expected profit or loss, and I don't see that anywhere in Trading Station 2.0. Could you add that: show pips/total loss or profit for your stop/limit while adding it?

Could you also explain the difference between a micro and mini FXCM account? I've looked on the website, and it has very vague descriptions (with the only solid difference being live support). It says "No Dealing Desk Forex Execution" but when I google for the differences, I came up with some links saying micro accounts have that too. The website also says "Tight competitive forex spreads for major currencies" for the mini account, but I think it also says that elsewhere about the micro account. Are the spreads even tighter with a mini account? If so, by how much?

Hi Debrox,

Can you update to the latest Trading Station version now to see if that corrects the issue you're having? To install the latest version of Trading Station Desktop, visit one of the following links: FXCM US | FXCM UK | FXCM Australia

If that doesn't fix your charting issue, can you email me at [email protected] so I can look into the bug you mentioned?

I like the idea of adding the potential profit / Loss when creating trades. We're taking feature requests for the spring version of the Trading Station so I will add this feature as a request. Are there other features you want to see as well?

For micro vs. mini accounts, they both use the same NDD execution and spreads. The major difference is service. Standard (mini) accounts get 24 hour, dedicaetd service by chat, phone and email while micro accounts get service online through the Learn Forex Trading | Learn How to Forex Trade | Forex Trading | Micro Forex | FXCM Micro site and by e-mail. There are also more options for withdrawals and platforms with the standard account.

If you open an FXCM account with more than $2,000 (or 2k of the account denomination), then you can open a standard account. The micro accounts allow you to open a live account with as little as $50.

Please let me know if you have more questions!

- Jason

Announcing the latest FXCM Trading Station II: November 20

The latest FXCM Trading Station II platform is available now! We’ve added Fractional pip pricing on market range orders, more intuitive charting, more Fibonacci tools, improved strategy backtesting and optimization, and trading in GBP/Point (or currency/point).

To install the latest version of Trading Station Desktop, visit one of the following links: FXCM US | FXCM UK | FXCM Australia

If you would like to wait, the latest Trading Station II will automatically update when you login on Sunday, Nov. 20.

Fractional Pip Pricing on Market Range Orders
Increased price control and more precise execution.
1498ugj.jpg

Line Studies and Chart Elements
A better way to add lines.
2vnf76h.jpg

Fibonacci Tools
Increased Fibonacci studies.
fmiflt.jpg

Strategy Backtesting and Optimization
Integrated right into the platform.
2mer11v.jpg

GBP/Point Trading
More ways to select trade size. *Note - this feature is primarily for our UK spread betting traders, however every account can trade in Currency/Point. For example, USD accounts can trade in USD/Point to select trade size based on the per pip USD value.
14x2elh.jpg

And More…
For example, if you’re looking for a specific indicator, you can now search for Indicators in the Add Indicator window.

If you don’t have an FXCM account, you can register for a demo account to try the new features.

I sent you an email. I have another suggestion: I notice on open, gaps are represented as full candles. I'd like to see the gap, however.

Usually the only gaps you are likely to get are at the open on Sunday evening.

That's the one I'm talking about.

edit:
I'd also like if FXCM had an option to report trading performance over a certain time period (win/loss, sharpe ratio, avg win, avg loss, annualized returns, whatever)

Last edited:
That's the one I'm talking about.

edit:
I'd also like if FXCM had an option to report trading performance over a certain time period (win/loss, sharpe ratio, avg win, avg loss, annualized returns, whatever)

Hi Debrox,

Good feedback and I added your requests to the queue for the next Trading Station version. While I can't promise anything, I hope we can incorporate all 3 requests (showing p/l when you add stops/limits, candle gaps, and performance metrics in reports) into our early 2012 Trading Station.

Let me know if you want other features or changes to the Trading Station.

thanks,

Jason

hi is there a VWAP indicator available for TS? I have a micro account , live.

Hi Amit8000,

I attached a VWAP indicator I found at fxcodebase.com. If you ever need other indicators, then let me know and I can see if we have them already or try to get them coded for you.

Here's a short guide on how to add the custom indicator to Marketscope:

1. Download the Indicator. The indicator is not pre-loaded into Marketscope, so you will need to download the file attached to this post and then add it to Marketscope as a custom indicator. Download the file onto your Desktop or somewhere where you can easily find it later.

2. Add the indicator to Marketscope. Now that you have the indicator downloaded onto your computer, you can add it to the Marketscope. Here are the steps (with image further below):

Step 1: At the top of Marketscope, click on Chart > Manage Custom Indicators
Step 2: In the window that appears, click on the Load button at the bottom.
Step 3: Another window will appear prompting you to upload the VWAP.lua indicator file into Marketscope.

After you have added the file as a custom indicator, it will now appear in the indicator list (toward the bottom of the list) and can be added as an indicator to your chart.

I hope that helps!

- Jason

Attachments

• VWAP.zip
    2 KB · Views: 224
New Features in FXCM's Trading Station Desktop

We updated the Trading Station Desktop this weekend with several new features. If you haven’t logged in yet, then your Trading Station will automatically update to the latest version once you login.

If you want to try out the latest version of Trading Station Desktop, visit one of the following links: FXCM US | FXCM UK | FXCM Australia.

- Jason

I updated the application, when asked to do so over the weekend.
Since then I have had the application crash every time I try and amend custom indicators that I have downloaded.
Should I ditch my current application and do a clean install or should I ditch the indicators and re-load them?

Since then I have had the application crash every time I try and amend custom indicators that I have downloaded.
Should I ditch my current application and do a clean install or should I ditch the indicators and re-load them?

Hi iamnev,

Yes, can you delete and reinstall the platform entirely? The step-by-step instructions with visuals are at: FXCM Trading Station II FAQ

To uninstall the Trading Station II:

1. From your computer desktop, click “Start” and select “Control Panel”. For Windows XP users, click Start > Settings > Control Panel.
2. From the “Control Panel” window, click on “Add or Remove Programs”.
3. Navigate to FXCM Trading Station and click “Change/Remove”. A dialog box will appear to confirm that you would like to uninstall the Trading Station platform. Click “Yes”.
4. You can close the “Add or Remove Programs” window once complete.
5: Now that we have uninstalled the platform, we need to remove any lingering settings. To do this, we will remove what are called Registry values. To do this, click on Start and then on Run. Once you’ve clicked on Run, type: regedit

iydkdu.png

6. Next, we will navigate to the Candleworks folder and remove it. To do so, click on the small + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then Software. Select the Candleworks folder and press the Delete key.

syb9xt.png

7. The final step is to remove the Candleworks folder that is located under My Computer. Click on My Computer and then on your Hard Drive (Typically C: ). Next, click on Program Files and then locate the Candleworks folder and remove it.

29tt1u.png

To install the Trading Station II:

1. Visit one of the following links to download the latest Trading Station II software: FXCM UK | FXCM US | FXCM Australia.

Let me know if you have any questions.

- Jason

Hi Iamnev,

After you uninstall / reinstall, try to run the platform without your custom indicators and see how it works. If it's working fine, then try to load your indicators. That will be a good test of whether the indicators are still compatible or not.

If you still have issues, you can also use the web Trading Station located at: Web Based Forex Trading Platform | FXCM

Let me know how things work out.

- Jason

Attention Holiday Trading Hours: 24 Nov. - 25 Nov.

FXCM would like to notify you that forex trading hours will be normal on Thursday, 24 November - Friday, 25 November in observance of the United States Thanksgiving Day holiday.

Trading hours will change on Thursday, 24 November - Friday, 25 November for some CFD trading instruments.

The times listed below show the change to CFD trading instruments in GMT.

thanksgivingcfd2011.png

For additional trading-related updates, please visit FXCM Platform Status.

Ditch your computer, then yourself.
:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL: