FX Trading June 18 to 22

This week cable will

• Total voters
Round Number, Handle 1.9900 in this case.....no worries CB

Cheers, I was thinking, recent something, relative that, even royal nurse... which made me smile.

With your memory, I tried to upgrade mine, the other week got a spare parts system but alas different mother boards , I think that was the prob, anyway different size pins n stuff, no amount of hammer work would make it fit. So no free upgrade for me.

I try and keep things to a minimum occassionally my system lags, but not too often. Reboot sorts it.

ok, everyones talking about a $2 move, I am going to help it on its way by suggesting a reversal day, on the grounds its an "orange" day!

Attachments

• delta-jun20.gif
    delta-jun20.gif
    102.1 KB · Views: 149
Cheers, I was thinking, recent something, relative that, even royal nurse... which made me smile.

With your memory, I tried to upgrade mine, the other week got a spare parts system but alas different mother boards , I think that was the prob, anyway different size pins n stuff, no amount of hammer work would make it fit. So no free upgrade for me.

I try and keep things to a minimum occassionally my system lags, but not too often. Reboot sorts it.

lol, well living in royal windsor, a royal nurse would do :cheesy:

thanks, yep, looking for the upgrade, atilla has had a look at my pc configuration and suggested buying a new pc. think i will try the memory upgrade (they go for about 20 quid on ebay) before a new pc. my issue is that I only know how to turn on my pc, thats all i know about computers, so having a hard time finding a memory upgrade that is compatible with the system. anyway, this is off topic, so sorry guys.

the wife doesnt believe me i am at risk of entering a trade, a computer freezing, particularly post news (where one would expect volatility), so, probably the stupid excuse for a BE trade, but well. if this gets to target, i will tell the wife that i just let go 45 pips on the table for a freezer. lol. although, with the speed cable has had the last days, i wonder if i did the right thing. this thing is slow slow.

j

5-4 vote?

we are back where we were on 4th june. what happened then was a pullback to1900 then a push back up.

Looks bullish at the mo..... certainly no confirmed high prob sell signals over here at the mo. Sidelined waiting for something.
Good call to go long, looking bullish, poss reaching mid 50 or surpassing it on the upside, would make a nice symetrical second leg. Shorting today looks risky, and has to be well confirmed.

Hi all,
Some good trend trading past couple of days on this thread.
I am anticipating a sizeable reversal off this 9930 level, it might just spike to 9960 but a close below 9950 will shift my bias temporarily to sell.
Currently short 9925 and will be adding as we creep towards 9960.

I'm looking for the high to be made on Friday (according to the Market Matrix) - so really should be favouring long trades at the moment. :rolleyes:

flyer from Cantor Index: (new tightened spreads for some currencies)

EURUSD - 1 pip
EURGBP - 1 pip
GBPUSD - 2 pip

A welcome development.

I just wish all SB companies would get their act together on spread, execution etc.

Prediction......within five years, SB companies will be offering full trading strategy automation facilities..........this is inevitable..........its all incremental, and its a shame for the client, that they do not just implement all planned/inevitable/necessary improvement/facilities in one single upgrade......

>full trading strategy automation facilities<

looks like a good up trend to me....

as posted, i have pc problems....mega slow. but, im wondering if any of you have noticed how slow cable has been not only on the daily moves (during the breakouts), but also during and immediately after news announcements.

it seems the amazing speed we used to see is gone. i wonder why or what is happening out there.

I am really wondering, and dont know if it is just me and a slow pc, or it is the general appreciation of others. :rolleyes:

as posted, i have pc problems....mega slow. but, im wondering if any of you have noticed how slow cable has been not only on the daily moves (during the breakouts), but also during and immediately after news announcements.

it seems the amazing speed we used to see is gone. i wonder why or what is happening out there.

I am really wondering, and dont know if it is just me and a slow pc, or it is the general appreciation of others. :rolleyes:

Glad to see it wasn't just the shiraz effecting me eyes the other day....! :LOL:

I blame too many retailers and silly strategies on tiny timeframes. Back 5 years ago when it was mostly big money, 100 pips was the blink of an eye as major players worked off 1 or 4hour charts, now, with such a huge increase of retailers playing the sub 1 hour charts, its stopping it and slowing it down.

Glad to see it wasn't just the shiraz effecting me eyes the other day....! :LOL:

mmm, yes, that too. guess a slow computer or alcohol have that effect.

but honest, i wonder if the reduced daily ranges on cable are having a direct effect on the speed of the moves. i am a bit concerned the market is changing a lot there. wonder if now it means we will get slower, smaller but smother moves.

serious wasp, im feeling that trading a 4hr chart is now like a 15 min chart a couple of years ago.

serious wasp, im feeling that trading a 4hr chart is now like a 15 min chart a couple of years ago.

Exactly, this is what i was saying when I posted those ranges earlier in the week/last week or whenever.

5 years ago, 500 pips a week was a nice average, now 200 is pushing it.

Exactly, this is what i was saying when I posted those ranges earlier in the week/last week or whenever.

5 years ago, 500 pips a week was a nice average, now 200 is pushing it.

look at this chart. price doesnt matter, look at the weekly ATR (settings at 5). it is scary.

Attachments

• weekly ranges.gif
    weekly ranges.gif
    16.3 KB · Views: 160
look at this chart. price doesnt matter, look at the weekly ATR (settings at 5). it is scary.

and these..... its why its important to look to new pairs other than the 4 or so majors. The scandics and others are scary and hairy with big spreads but they are cable 10-15 years ago and the spreads are all relative.

Attachments

• 2004.gif
    2004.gif
    37.1 KB · Views: 129
  • 2007.gif
    2007.gif
    32.4 KB · Views: 154
This has been most noticeable over the last 6 months and breakout strategies, despite a long successful history, have failed to produce anything like the returns previously seen. I wonder in cable's case, whether it has anything to do with the proximity to $2 and the physcology of that?