• Poll closed .
my views on the day:

Attachments

• when the shit hits the fan.jpg
    when the shit hits the fan.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 530
Uphios said:
Nice people on this board.

As a general rule of thumb I do not follow anyone and suggest others do the same. I use these boards to confirm (or otherwise) my view on where we are going and look for targets (because I have none). For instance,I have learnt it is not a wise move to bet against DC, though I do not follow him without agreeing the direction, then I 'borrow' his targets.

Currently short from 355 because it was a near fib of the previous drop. On this one it is against DC EXCEPT that 2 days ago he had a target of 225. All I have done is stuck with that whereas DC feels that target was met with the drop to 272. My current target is 170 area but I will take anything under 225 if it twitches. Would have taken this am's 225 if I had been awake!
It looks like your pips have arrived mate

20 pip range for the last couple of hours..............................somebody tell me this is going to change

rav700 said:
It looks like your pips have arrived mate
Not yet Rav, I read your targets as well and currently using your long entry as my stop. If your short entry materialises I will lower stop to 225. Like your strategy for entry providing we do not have a whipsaw day (ouch!)

rav700 said:
20 pip range for the last couple of hours..............................somebody tell me this is going to change

In all this turmoil it's best to sit on the sidelines and look for panick brakeout selling imo.

This market has some more way to fall. SPX already down this morning. Fall in US economy is likely to strengthen $ in the short run.

On my hourly charts I'm seeing a possible BB brakedown. Cable may bounce to 1.9260-70 but don't be caught out as this would be a retrace before collapse imo. If it doesn't get support then it will drop right back down confirming the brakedown - lookout for extended indicators. MA still showing downside at the mo. We may then see 180 levels. If 180- happens, mentally I would be devastated :eek: as 1.92 has always been my strong baseline support for £ for some time.

rav700 said:
Short @ 46 with a stop at 66
Quick change of plan here for me. Still looking for 225 but I can see and prefer a scenario where it does not break 185 to the downside. The upside extends back into the 95's over a few days. So, close short anywhere under 225, get myself long with a stop at 180. That's the plan anyway.

Uphios said:
Quick change of plan here for me. Still looking for 225 but I can see and prefer a scenario where it does not break 185 to the downside. The upside extends back into the 95's over a few days. So, close short anywhere under 225, get myself long with a stop at 180. That's the plan anyway.
long 219 stop 180, because that's the way my coin landed.

Uphios said:
I think tomoorow before any real move gets going, swiss interest rate.
Decision time, is today gonna be whippy so scalp trade or hang on for a decent move. Any thoughts out there??

Perfect doji on the 30 min chart. A strong move into 1.30 would be pretty bullish IMHO, although break of 55 is still needed. A break of 10 should take it down to 180

Ever feel like the market is conspiring against you - long stopped out at 215, low was 212 and now we are at 280.

'kin hell

29Investments said:
Ever feel like the market is conspiring against you - long stopped out at 215, low was 212 and now we are at 280.

'kin hell
My sympathies, but I guess we have all done it.

Closed my long at 75, I think Mr Whippy is out to play today. No shorts but will put long back on a retrace or a move over 96.

well, it closed below 310 , and pretty much short early europe near that figure, now a close in the zone 284-310 or upwards I can see between now and New york shutdown midnight, 4 AM uk, we could be looking at the run to 570 odd. min, super bull run to 1.98

still long 208. and watchin. :)

Ive had no roll over to sell any rallies yet ,still bullish looking at the dailies.

noticed that eur/gbp should be going into a downtrend over next few days, providing it stays below 6855 ish.

Thats it, Fx Analysis over.

I made one of the most fundamental mistakes of trading came out to early