FTSE 100 intraday trading - JUNE 2003

Jonnyy40

No you must use a chart of the instrument that you are trading, or you could land yourself in trouble. I learnt that when I used to trade the index with Deal4free and initially couldn't understand why their price and the index were so out of sync - then I realised that they were tracking the futures price +/- a premium. So I used to chart the futures and trade the index because the spreads were cheaper - until one day they changed the premium in the middle of the day so that the index moved and the chart didn't causing my trade to get stopped and so I lost money - that's when I changed to direct access. Spreadbet companies have got their own rules that they change to suit themselves.

I'm done for the morning - there'll probably be a pause for breath after that lovely run up this morning. No US news this afternoon so could well be another up leg. US futures up a touch at the moment. Whatever Greenspan said last night, they obvously liked it so could well continue today.

cya

....out of interest jonnyy40, which SB do you use? I'm having a trawl around at the moment - was using spreadex, but they're just phone based and spreads quite wide. I'm looking at finspreads and d4f seems to be widely used here.

..index wants up today really, above 100EMA since 9am and doesn't want to give up many pts on this latest short. Still +12/14 would be OK.