FTSE 100 Intraday - November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assignment with recreation, there's too much to choose from out here. But won't go into it now as it's Nov over there and I KNOW what that means!
Q

thank you for your sympathy.
it's cold, it's wet, it's windy.
and more on the way.
some damn butterfly near you flapped its wings again ?
nuff said.

:LOL:
qaza
it's times like this when you wonder if its all a coincidence ?

but if I was a US mm and seen the charts from around the world,
I could not have found a better moment to cut the rug from under a lot of very weak bulls ?
and then cut the rug from under a lot of weak bears.

and what did it take to do it ?
havent bothered to check it out but probably the futures market
was the driver ?

but it happens.Short term traders we are under-capitalised
and must take these sort of knocks. Its all part of the game.
And I gather you did not have too much pain ?

But I have to say there were signs.
I have significant divergence on my a/d line.
The afternoon rally was not supported and I had a divergence on my macd.

So you do need 'tools for the trade'

(I'll put up a chart over the weekend)

But as Jed Bartlett would say "Let's move on; What's next?"

bonsai

dont know who's "responsible" for todays moves but I did'nt trade well. I'm always flat on news and wait for confirmation b4 getting involved but today I was convinced that we would move higher and did'nt stick to the rules. Fortunately the damage was small but it could have been serious cos I was just misbehavin'

Have a good w/end

The only shares showing strength this afternoon were Glaxo and Astra. Vodafone and the banks were down from the morning highs and so I couldn't see this afternoons rally holding up so was fortunately short. Also as you say Bonsai there were divergences on indicators, something I have only recently begun to understand by reading Chartmans thread. Look forward to your chart. Have a good weekend.

Jean

here is todays chart
I have assumed the best is yet to come. Although after the
colonials did their thing tonight, they might yet upset my tea party !

As you can see, after the early rush of blood to the head the A/D
settled down to a non descript sort of day and showed divergence to the early afternoon rally.
The macd was also dressed in leaden boots. Sharp rises lead to sharp falls ?

Is the high just a B wave or is it a 5 to complete the move ?
answers on a postcard to Father Christmas ?

:LOL:

Attachments

• nov14.gif
    nov14.gif
    29.9 KB · Views: 496
Last edited:
Morning all,
Great result over the weekend down under.

Despite the fact that neither the US or FTSE have yet to record any lower highs and lower lowers (therefore markets still technically in their respective bull phases); Japan has just put in its first lower high, lower low for their bull phase. This morning's fall of 380 to 9787 may be the first crack in the global bull run.

FTSE is indicated at 4355/9 on D4F this morning, -40 from Friday's close. I think that threatens Bonsai's 60 level that maintains his positive view on FTSE 100.

Morning all. I'm expecting a down market this week, at least until Wednesday. Too early to say if we've seen an Int trend change - need to see the lower high, as Mully has discussed above, perhaps next week? Meantime I'm short from Friday on the Ftse, Dax. Small short left on Dow, but closed most of it at the end of Friday.

morning
been hunting for support levels
4330 looks best I think if 60 fails !
but its clinging on ?

What is the possibility that FTSE is showing a 5 wave decline from the peak on Friday? Secondly, what are the chances that an attempt will be made to close the gap roughly 4389-4368?

PS: Anyone else having problems with D4F this morning? I am getting no price updates even though I am connected.Frozen at 4355/8.

Talking about looking for support. How about that lower trendline which appears to be around 4342 at the moment.

Attachments

• ft1min.gif
    ft1min.gif
    44.7 KB · Views: 414
could be mully

but I have bigger cluster around 4330

still, close enough for jazz ?

Tempting to assume trendline will work again

Attachments

• ft1min.gif
    ft1min.gif
    50.8 KB · Views: 355
I'm thinking the internals look too weak yet for this to be
a meaningful bounce.

A beauty. Your "system" appears to be working well.

A fleeting kiss and then the slapdown!

Status
Not open for further replies.