FTSE 100 February

Hooya,
"K.I.S.S" shorthand for "Keep It Simple Stupid".

I once heard Mark Fischer repeat this over and over..then he promptly ran out about 20 different filters for taking a trade or not..just goes to show even rocket scientists are not infallible..

Cheers

lol...Chump wouldnt surprise me. I like KISS...its a good theory
but hard to stick to. The problem I have if there are so many opportunities out there and its know which ones to take. At the moment I must be running several different indicators for different time frames and ultimately different trades. Hopefully I will start to simplify it down again.

hmmm i entered ftse and dow circa 9.46pm yesterday still holding for dow over 525 and ftse to take out 4408

lordy lord making judgements without all available knowledge
the lord will forgive you, thanks for the votes :)
jd

JSD, not wanting to pee on your parade , but who do you trade with??

im curious as a while back i wanted a SB co with whom i could put FTSE bets on after the DOW close.

cheers

FC

jds...didnt mean to offend just thought the "I am bullish at 80 when the market was back in the 90s" was abit obvious> Sorry

FC theres a few who quote 24 hrs mate take your pick,. i dont mind you peeing on my parade chap, just mind me boots.....

jd

hmm it wasn't it the ninties it was trading around 80/1 dipped below 80 a couple times but i thought it was a small spike making with the angle of decent, anticipated Positive development , it was a tad slow as they tested the 80 level for a couple but usually show potential bottom in the making..... so i sore it as good value from that aspect and held my position/added.

looks like 408 is waiting for dow over 500 and 525 should bring it on upwards we'll see..

jd

cheers guys. good to see my decline into senility is going slower than at first feared.

is anyone else getting hacked off with the lack of volatility in the markets at the moment??

"tedious" is one of the words that springs to mind..

"toilet break" are another couple.

sorry JDS I must have read your post incorrectly.

just for info:- i am pretty neutral around here.
could go 12-15 points either way imo but we are in an uptrend

ok hooya, no worries

anyway the dow key points from open is 485 might test 80 but below that from the off will likely test 450 very important so its got a tight 50 point range to muscle through and even really tighter 480/500 i was in @ 450 last night because of good support 440..

anyway lets see how it pans out, walmart had good figures thats a bonus..

jd

hmm, i step out of the "office" for 5 mins, and i find my "votes" have gone orange. curses.

Hooya, im now more inclined to the bearish side. its the claws you see. my Bovine hooves have been removed, and im expecting a bit of a retest down in the 80s though.

still, system says up for the day, so ive gotta stick with it.

dont you hate that when it happens??

FC

for those who follow the US; compx has a gap from a month ago at 2000 to fill

a failure to get above the gain line could prove quite negative
dont you think

Hooya,

agreed. all is not well in little china.

lets see what happens when the dust settles after the Dow opens...