Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
]I've yet to see any retail trader, on any forum, make a consistent living out of trading FX off what I class as small time-frames. [/U][/B]

BS, now your winding me up, I dont not come on here criticising you for trading the higher t/f's, why do you feel the need to criticise short time frame traders, I have placed some live trades on here, winners and losers. Lets make this very clear, I trade the short time frames and have done successfully and consistantly for over a decade, there are others on here, who make live calls, using the short time frames, as well very successfully.

I rarely post trades, as being short time trader, I choose to focus on the job in hand, rather than make live calls to try an boost an ego, they serve no purpose and are only relevant to me.

So please don't assume ALL small time frame traders are failures, I for one would not be here after a decade wasting my time if I didn't generate a living from it, so stop tarring everybody with the same brush.

BS, now your winding me up, I dont not come on here criticising you for trading the higher t/f's, why do you feel the need to criticise short time frame traders, I have placed some live trades on here, winners and losers. Lets make this very clear, I trade the short time frames and have done successfully and consistantly for over a decade, there are others on here, who make live calls, using the short time frames, as well very successfully.

I rarely post trades, as being short time trader, I choose to focus on the job in hand, rather than make live calls to try an boost an ego, they serve no purpose and are only relevant to me.

So please don't assume ALL small time frame traders are failures, I for one would not be here after a decade wasting my time if I didn't generate a living from it, so stop tarring everybody with the same brush.

Rob, you're winding yourself up. You're reading things that aren't there and using words I havn't used and therefore mistranslating my point. To use your words I'm not "criticising" and I haven't used the word "failures" (quite how you throw that noun into the discussion is beyond me). If I was successfully and consistently making money from trading off small TF's (like you) I'd just smile, politely state that I'm wrong and move on..you're biting and there's no bait dangling.

I have taken money out of the market playing off 15min-half hour TFs, I've never done it over a reasonable length of time (say a year) and never seen absolute concrete evidence, on any forum, of anyone doing it consistently either. I'm not being subjective or personal saying you can't do it, or don't do it, or that it's impossible, I'm simply stating that I've seen no evidence that it's been done. I used my view specifically in reference to LP who has a long road ahead before he confirms he's not on a lucky streak; perhaps he's playing inside a range whilst a trend develops..

oops..short pound swissy on the swingometer and euro swissy

E/U long 3526, stop 3400, limit 3750. Ok here is my goal. either take the loss or take the profit. no cutting the trade short as soon as I'm in profit.

E/U up about 40 pips
both these trades have just about killed me mentally, I havent touched the stop or the T/P. I have this overwhelming urge to DO SOMETHING. LOL.
Hard to be honest with myself and realize that I've failed at trading for so long because of ME. Yeesh.:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Just to finish off a particular argument that people cant make live calls using shorter time frames and make money.
In Total this thread is up over 500 pips in live calls this year( 8 traders), all on lower timeframes, and that does not include dinos who i have witnessed make about 60 in live calls on msn in one day last week. Also anyone who wishes to question my performance last year,its all here in black and white.
You have clearly excelled yourself this time BS. Wasnt it you who said youd make an easy 300 a week using small timeframes.