Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
LF...a more realistic answer to why I exited the 2nd half is that with the higher volatility (that's a good thing, I'm capitalizing on it), I am finding myself pulling the trigger too quick on the 2nd half of my trades. I've been antsy about losing the profits on the first half. A remedy would be to stop taking 1/2 exits for now until volatility wanes again, and just exit the full trade. I don't have an issue with losses if that happens, just seems like I am reluctant to give up any gains. As I have been since I started trading, I evaluate to see how I can be a better trader.

Peter

This was just a complete and utter lack of discipline, trading before a completed candle and against the trend.

Foolish and paid the price, always easy after the event, to see where you went wrong. Only have to look at the lower trend, I went went against it, dohhhhhhh

Attachments

• Noname.png
    Noname.png
    3.3 KB · Views: 96
lol everyones analysing everything today

It reminds me of when i was in sales. I had a blinding month, but i was called in and my phone calls played back and they made me feel like an idiot again,and gave me a bollocking just for the hell of it. Poor old wackypete,he calls a great trade and we jump on him and ask him why he didnt get more lol:)

Near the end of the month, decided to move down to one hour TFs to just push it a touch over these next 4 sessions; OK today. Puked a touch early but had no intention of holding these overnight and S+P, Pivots, etc all a bit odd of a Monday.

Took 4 trades, 4 winners..As per my habit I used the E/U as a litmus; once that reached my limit of 125 I closed the rest.

4 Trades

+20
+52
+65
+130

Pips total + 267

Attachments

• fx graph 290.png
    fx graph 290.png
    17.8 KB · Views: 115
  • fx graph 291.png
    fx graph 291.png
    16 KB · Views: 117
  • fx graph 292.png
    fx graph 292.png
    16.6 KB · Views: 110
  • fx graph 293.png
    fx graph 293.png
    16.7 KB · Views: 108
Near the end of the month, decided to move down to one hour TFs to just push it a touch over these next 4 sessions; OK today. Puked a touch early but had no intention of holding these overnight and S+P, Pivots, etc all a bit odd of a Monday.

Took 4 trades, 4 winners..As per my habit I used the E/U as a litmus; once that reached my limit of 125 I closed the rest.

4 Trades

+20
+52
+65
+130

Pips total + 267

how are we supposed to interpret these charts, there seems to be nothing similar with these and previous charts.

Well I clearly got the turning point wrong on eu and my 2 longs were stopped this morning for a -82.9 total.

aud/usd still running.

how are we supposed to interpret these charts, there seems to be nothing similar with these and previous charts.

I agree with neil.
as long as there are sufficient charts, a pattern will, eventually, emerge.

note things such as the time of the bar. then compare with things like any highs or lows that may appear.

actually, this is probably better than doing a sudoku!

that said, we need to see a consec sequence of trades, as the charts tend always to be profitable. a cynic might suggest the losing days are conveniently overlooked.
I am not a cynic. I am a dippy, trippy, hippee.

Well I clearly got the turning point wrong on eu and my 2 longs were stopped this morning for a -82.9 total.

aud/usd still running.

I was curious about your statement, possibly last week, that you anticipated your trades to last 2-3 days.
You aren't a convert to the Taylor Trading Technique at all, are you? :cheesy:

Last edited:
I agree with neil.
as long as there are sufficient charts, a pattern will, eventually, emerge.

note things such as the time of the bar. then compare with things like any highs or lows that may appear.

actually, this is probably better than doing a sudoku!

that said, we need to see a consec sequence of trades, as the charts tend always to be profitable. a cynic might suggest the losing days are conveniently overlooked.
I am not a cynic. I am a dippy, trippy, hippee.

lol a cynic may ask why neil hasnt posted on this thread for over a year:)

I was curious about your statement, possibly last week, that you anticipated your trades to last 2-3 days.
You aren't a convert to the Taylor Trading Technique at all, are you? :cheesy:

Had never heard of it until you mentioned it.:eek:

Had never heard of it until you mentioned it.:eek:

this cheeky little bottle of Sauvignon is opening up neural pathways and connections I had thought I had forgotten. (but then again, the gorgeous Linda (B Raschke), uses the taylor method for swing-trading, and she made me aware of the "Holy Grail" method, of trading pullbacks, via her book, Street Smarts)

this cheeky little bottle of Sauvignon is opening up neural pathways and connections I had thought I had forgotten. (but then again, the gorgeous Linda (B Raschke), uses the taylor method for swing-trading, and she made me aware of the "Holy Grail" method, of trading pullbacks, via her book, Street Smarts)

and does it work

I have no opinion on the Taylor Technique.

However, her "Holy Grail" (Street Smarts), morphing into trading a low-risk pullback in a strong move is the basis of just about ALL my thinking.

the problem with a book like that is that there are so many strategies, you get to the end and see the author has 4 others books,where does that leave you. why are you so keen on the holy grail,when surely the 80-20 looks to be statistically good as do many of the strats. shall i right a book about old mas secret trading recipe,problem is it would only fill a page. You finished that bottle yet

:eek:

Put the bottle down and step away from the computer Son...

0.jpg