Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Looking good so far. I'm with bedsit at the moment. I'd prefer a better level to get short. Worst case is I miss out...wouldn't be the first time.

Peter

It may collapse. What to do?

I prefer to miss an opportunity rather than to suffer a loss. (A missed opportunity doesn’t show on my account)

It may collapse. What to do?

I prefer to miss an opportunity rather than to suffer a loss. (A missed opportunity doesn’t show on my account)

I agree, but looking at another side:
Missed opportunity = no loss. Good for the account.
Missed opportunity = no gain. Not good for those needing to put dinner on the table or pay the mortgage.

Peter

I agree, but looking at another side:
Missed opportunity = no loss. Good for the account.
Missed opportunity = no gain. Not good for those needing to put dinner on the table or pay the mortgage.

Peter

Pete,
Analysing my trades I realized some time ago it's good to have a balanced view and exercise patience. So far as the market moves somewhere another opportunity would come along. I prefer to know my risk (the only thing I can control) and compare it to a possible reward. Guided only by that I decide to either enter or not.

PS I've had a bad experience with chasing every single opportunity.

-25 on both halves

I was with you on the first GU short, but, in all honesty, I couldn't see where the Long came from.
On the 5-mins, all I could see were lower-highs and lower-lows.
Would be interested in the reasoning for the 2nd trade. (just generically, not asking for system dislosure)

I was with you on the first GU short, but, in all honesty, I couldn't see where the Long came from.
On the 5-mins, all I could see were lower-highs and lower-lows.
Would be interested in the reasoning for the 2nd trade. (just generically, not asking for system dislosure)

its a valid point. The idea of the system is to call the high or low of the day.Clearly i did this perfectly with the first trade but didnt really capitalise as I should have(fear i guesss)
the second trade had the right signal but should i really be taking it if the eur is clearly down and im just hoping the gbp has bottomed. I should have had at least 80 on the first trade. Still not a bad start

Last edited:
great to start that way,heres the downside

I broke the rules though
I didnt take the first 1/2 off at +30, and didnt take the 2nd 1/2 off at least +60, so need to get my head right. and look what happened

Discipline is so hard. Sometimes I wish I had electric shock therapy every time I think about being stupid or breaking the rules.

Peter

ADDED: Most times I don't think about being stupid, it just comes naturally.

Discipline is so hard. Sometimes I wish I had electric shock therapy every time I think about being stupid or breaking the rules.

Peter

ADDED: Most times I don't think about being stupid, it just comes naturally.

discipline is my problem aswell as if i had left the euro it would have hit its target instead i am looking at it and cursing :)

damn trading whay cant making money be easier haha

its a valid point. The idea of the system is to call the high or low of the day.Clearly i did this perfectly with the first day but didnt really capitalise as I should have(fear i guesss)
the second trade had the right signal but should i really be taking it if the eur is clearly down and im just hoping the gbp has bottomed. I should have had at least 80 on the first trade. Still not a bad start

for me, once the Stochs went below the 70 and 50 line, I was looking for local OB points.
I wouldnt have taken the EJ middle OB, since it was below the channel, and "gone too far". but, its been pretty mcuh down all day, so far. (also the PA Lr-Hs and Lr-Lws).

NB: dont believe my charts. I havent necessarily taken any of the trades. nor does this represent all of my reasoning. nor does this (necessarily) represent my set-up. Its just for exploring a principle of trading pullbacks, by using a long-term Stochs for trend, and faster Stochs for pullback entries, in context of MA channels.

Attachments

• dont-believe-this.jpg
    dont-believe-this.jpg
    320.7 KB · Views: 114