Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
good stuff,what this thread is missing is a live call swinger

I think Vince is just testing out something, so perhaps may not be appropriate as a live call.
I think he just got lucky today ( :p ), what with the sudden resurgence of EJs volatility.
(consider, if he uses 50pip hard-stop, and takes his trades in the evening, he got 100+ today. If he had taken his call any evening in the past week, eg, Monday night would have given at most 60 pips at Tues intra-day peak; Tues night giving at most 40 pips on Wed; Wed night would have given 100+ on Thurs, and Thurs night would give a peak of about 50 on Fri)

If Vince feels hes got something good, I am sure he will disclose.

Without being too intrusive, once you're settled on your own rules, other peoples calls become less important.
have a good evening, and prepare for a new, fresh day.

Trendie,

I think you are right in that I got lucky, its the first thing my wife said as well :p

I was actually expecting the trade to last 2-3 days so your analysis is correct.

Nice work fella, piece of pi55 this swing trading eh? ;) You're off now...no holding you back. Soon you'll be looking at being 50 pips offside as 'noise' and bagging 30 pips as a waste of time :)

yeah he can give up the odd 300 pips a week he makes on shorter timeframes, you swingers arent interested in lessthan that:)

Trendie,

I think you are right in that I got lucky, its the first thing my wife said as well :p

I was actually expecting the trade to last 2-3 days so your analysis is correct.

What made you change your method,as you know ive just doen the same thing.I really dont think i have the discipline to be a swinger.

Trendie,

In the immortal words of Lemmy;

If you like to gamble, I tell you I'm your man
You win some, lose some, it's still the same to me
The pleasure is to play, it makes no difference what you say
I don't share your greed, the only card I need is
The Ace Of Spades
The Ace Of Spades

Playing for the high one, dancing with the devil,
Going with the flow, it's all a game to me,
Seven or Eleven, snake eyes watching you,
Double up or quit, double stake or split, it's
The Ace Of Spades
The Ace Of Spades

You know I'm born to lose, and gambling's for fools,
But that's the way I like it baby,
I don't wanna live for ever,
And don't forget the joker!

Pushing up the ante, I know you've got to see me,
Read 'em and weep, the dead man's hand again,
I see it in your eyes, take one look and die,
The only thing you see, you know it's gonna be,
The Ace Of Spades
The Ace Of Spades

:cool:

What made you change your method,as you know ive just doen the same thing.I really dont think i have the discipline to be a swinger.

I havn't changed my methods, this will be an addition, my short term trades are currently on pause as the no of losing trades in a row started to creep up. I'm still watching for the setups and when the results start to look as they did prior to the last week and a half i'll resume normal service.

I think its important to know when your method is just not in sync with current market conditions and when you realise it you dont keep plugging away taking losses you take a step back and wait.

swing3 didn't make it down to target and got stopped out for a small gain.

Attachments

• swing3.png
    swing3.png
    53.3 KB · Views: 104
swing3 didn't make it down to target and got stopped out for a small gain.

another good one, Vince.
I suspect its pattern derived, rather than indicators.
Are the HA bars significant?

Only pattern i can discern is position of the tail-end of the US session relative to the opening Euro session.
Also, I notice the daily lows of the past couple of days being broken as well.

Hope you dont mind me trying to unravel this conundrum.
Keep posting your charts; I need more info!

actually, Vince, you're essentially trading the overnight Japanese session! DOH!

EDIT: Ive started to post too often again. This was the problem I had all those months ago.
Im taking my eye off the ball. I wonder if my reducing performance of late is correlated with me reading and participating in T2W too much? Hmm.

I felt so uncomfortable going for a short on EJ and EU (I didn‘t want to post it here), but I put limit orders to open shorts anyway and there was a quick reward.

I found it amazing that there is no such thing as too low or too high for the market (I should know better after all this time, but anyway…)

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    139.8 KB · Views: 127
another good one, Vince.
I suspect its pattern derived, rather than indicators.
Are the HA bars significant?

Only pattern i can discern is position of the tail-end of the US session relative to the opening Euro session.
Also, I notice the daily lows of the past couple of days being broken as well.

Hope you dont mind me trying to unravel this conundrum.
Keep posting your charts; I need more info!

its pattern based but the clue is in the template name,;) no indicators at present but i'm not promising it will stay that way:whistling

Entries so far have been very raw but a drill down to a lower tf and a better entry is most likely on the cards

actually, Vince, you're essentially trading the overnight Japanese session! DOH!

EDIT: Ive started to post too often again. This was the problem I had all those months ago.
Im taking my eye off the ball. I wonder if my reducing performance of late is correlated with me reading and participating in T2W too much? Hmm.

I've often asked myself the same question and do believe that for some short tf traders it either

A. has a negative impact

or

B. Is a good place to lay blame when things are not going so well.

However for me it seems to be this,

Its like driving a car,

when everything is going as normal you don't notice how distracting been on your mobile is, it's only when you have a near miss or an accident that you realise that you should have noticed the cyclists/child/car etc at which point you might ask yourself

maybe I shouldn't be on my phone whilst driving??

been on t2w may make you miss the little details which would have caused you to exit early or not take the trade.

ON the othe rhand maybe its been really ****ty to trade at the moment and your looking to lay blame where there is none.:eek:

I've often asked myself the same question and do believe that for some short tf traders it either

A. has a negative impact

or

Its like driving a car,

when everything is going as normal you don't notice how distracting been on your mobile is, it's only when you have a near miss or an accident that you realise that you should have noticed the cyclists/child/car etc at which point you might ask yourself

been on t2w may make you miss the little details which would have caused you to exit early or not take the trade.

ON the othe rhand maybe its been really ****ty to trade at the moment and your looking to lay blame where there is none.:eek:

Absolutely 100% in agreement, I post on several forums (others are AIM related). I never post whilst trading, especially with FX scalps :eek:

I have my broker platform, squawk, and another data feed all tiled with text news feeds on a hidden window for in depth info on news and thats it. Anything else can be a costly distraction...

I'm only posting now as all the European data is out, UK GDP and euro figs were an anti climax (although morning Euro trade was good...:cheesy: )for trade opportunities so its time for a break till 13:30 U.S. data (12:00gmt U.S. mortgage apps may be a good indicator for session?). Should be interesting with the U.S. having thurs off and half day fri (thanksgiving) :)

A. has a negative impact

or

Its like driving a car,

or
C: being able to follow ones rules in relative isolation, but getting spooked when reading others taking a trade in opposite direction, causing you to second-guess yourself. :(

or
D: wondering why someone else made more pips on just one specific trade, and second-guessing your rules, when in fact, over a larger data-set, your edge is better. :(