Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
liquidity is very poor due to holidays. Japan today, US thursday. Low volume = choppy markets. setups are less reliable.

Peter

Bummer....still not seeing this cable break this overhead hourly...v annoying sitting next to some one who's shorted it every time on the line...:mad:

We'll see ...he who laughs last laughs longest?(y)

Given up on cable...out for 5 pts. Euro/$ off and see £/Euro on way up...numbers later...will rebay if it comes off again...been 4 hours of tedium

Hi I'm new so don't really know how this works. I am long cable with daily support trend 15890-15900. Have an hourly resistance line which I have shorted once OK and am now hoping will break. This comes in at 15935 area. This break can lead to daily overhead resistance trend line at 16070 area...but the chances of me holding that long are less than zero....I trade $10/ point.

Also have long Aussie needing to break hourly overhead at 9840.

Any commentswelcome...but generally only like to hear :cool: agreements

Hi Rat

Welcome to the thread and good luck. It looks like you are very knowledgable.
Generally we like trades posted as they are taken with a stop in place.
Im sure the others will tell you about themselves
Ive been trading for a long time,only profitable for last 18 months.
Am currently working on a method to take the stress and my opinions away from me.I have been posting live a long time and continue to do so soon. Most on here are pretty much full time

If knowledge = wealth then I know very little, however been doing it for ages and now full time with a mate who's been doing it over 20 years aswell.

Trade 4-5 times a day...look for min 20 but generally 30-40 points/ trade....try to be flexible with stops as so long as you know your limits in your head you can mange them......BUT I do tell everyone you must have stops....trading $10/ point biggest loss $1900...so don't mind a bit of pain and can admit defeat. Generally 20-30 pts..had my stop for long cable under 15890....may have bought a bit more ther..may not. Have to see how where what is happening at any time and what your trading....OIL or Gold....never run Yen Chf ok...Euro cable bit of caution.

Can't read todays market for toffee!

EU falling into hrly demand level prior to news...just where the big dogs want it perhaps?

Attachments

• 23rd Nov EU demand.PNG
    23rd Nov EU demand.PNG
    47.1 KB · Views: 88
Having been inspired somewhat by Black Swan and also frustrated by the recent chopiness i've put together a little longer tf setup. I know its not a live call and if the charts not welcome i'll start another thread but I wanted to share what i've achieved so far.

Attachments

• swing1.png
    swing1.png
    57 KB · Views: 122
risky one here:
L 1.5861
16pip stop

(trendie, hope you noticed i posted one that was kind of with the trend earlier! :) just for you.)

good stuff, Vaco.
are you taking overnight trades?
to put into context, where would you have your stop-loss?
you managed to ride out the chop, so having a broader perspective clearly saved you a bad day.

and this broader viewpoint gives you the chance for multiple pairs to trade.

good stuff, Vaco.
you managed to ride out the chop, so having a broader perspective clearly saved you a bad day.

yes taking overnight trades, stop is starting as a hard 50 with a view to trail on the 4h moving to just above the previous bars high/low.

yes taking overnight trades, stop is starting as a hard 50 with a view to trail on the 4h moving to just above the previous bars high/low.

Nice work fella, piece of pi55 this swing trading eh? ;) You're off now...no holding you back. Soon you'll be looking at being 50 pips offside as 'noise' and bagging 30 pips as a waste of time :)

good stuff, Vaco.

Biggest issue with the multi trades is the risk, in as much as you can often have 4/5 pairs signal to enter at the same time which could be 4-10% risk (1-2% per pair)...I'm so used to it now I don't blink but it may be a bit much for folk if starting out swinging. The days when you're 700/1000 pips offside (for a while) are 'challenging'..:)