Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ChowClown has posted in his hournal he monitors the 5-8am breakouts. (or he did, successfully)

weird, isnt it?

5-8am breaks.
then the Big Benners use the 8-10am breaks.

theres a pattern here. its all about range breaks.

I feel a backtest coming on...

ChowClown has posted in his hournal he monitors the 5-8am breakouts. (or he did, successfully)

weird, isnt it?

5-8am breaks.
then the Big Benners use the 8-10am breaks.

theres a pattern here. its all about range breaks.

I feel a backtest coming on...

Does that mean that you trade the pullbacks from the 5-8 and 8-10 breakouts.:LOL:

hindsights a b!tch....to me she is anyway:eek:

big time.
At the moment most trades are going my way which is nice, but nearly everytime I leave a huge move on the table in the direction of my trade. At the same time, it's horrible when you've got a nice profit and then the market takes it all back and stops you out. I guess you can't really have your cake and eat it too, and just be pleased if you make on the trades overall...

i have extended the method to most currencies but have increased the stop and reduced the r/r a little so the win % should go up now. this should now be 50% The method has not changed at all. I Had tested some of the othere currencies at the wider r/r and they were fine. What I will do further down the line(next year) when i increase the stakes is to have 1/2 at a r/r of around 1;1 and 1/2 at 2:1. This in testing should net around 800 pips pcm. i started with a 2:1 r/r as it produced more profit but obviously had more losers.

:D that whip of lady flash seems to be working wonders ------ his lordship is doing plenty of overtime these days (lol) Come 2011 we will all hear an echo from the estate roll up /roll up and collect your pips here ( only problem is be aware of any wild fowl lurking around the grounds as they have a habit of attacking strangers:devilish:)

exit,

and yes hindsight is a b!tch

Attachments

• exit.png
    exit.png
    59.5 KB · Views: 82
looks like i was taken out by a spike down before it moves up, this is why i dont normally move my stop to b.e.

oh well i blame the missus!

looks like i was taken out by a spike down before it moves up, this is why i dont normally move my stop to b.e.

oh well i blame the missus!

ahhh just noticed the red german news at 10am

:D that whip of lady flash seems to be working wonders ------ his lordship is doing plenty of overtime these days (lol) Come 2011 we will all hear an echo from the estate roll up /roll up and collect your pips here ( only problem is be aware of any wild fowl lurking around the grounds as they have a habit of attacking strangers:devilish:)

ill have to sell the estate at this rate