Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
scratched out @ .9908 +1
Gives me 20 pips for today. Probably 60% luck, 40% skill today so far...not exactly what I'm looking for!

Peter

well guys,who want to know what the secret formulae is
so far 35 trades

13 winners ...37%
22 losers

not lookin as promising as before is it.The max drawdown is 144 pips which looks serious at the moment but would be irrelevant if i was on 800 pips ahead
currently im 75 pips up down from 223. I expected a bad run,but 17 losers out of 21 has surprised me.I will not be changing anything as I believe I have already done the hard work. Three winning trades and i will be back on top.Lets see.

scratched out @ .9908 +1
Gives me 20 pips for today. Probably 60% luck, 40% skill today so far...not exactly what I'm looking for!

Peter

its probably subconcious skill,when you win it becomes a habit,just like my losing habit at the mo, im very good at it:mad:

i have extended the method to most currencies but have increased the stop and reduced the r/r a little so the win % should go up now. this should now be 50% The method has not changed at all. I Had tested some of the othere currencies at the wider r/r and they were fine. What I will do further down the line(next year) when i increase the stakes is to have 1/2 at a r/r of around 1;1 and 1/2 at 2:1. This in testing should net around 800 pips pcm. i started with a 2:1 r/r as it produced more profit but obviously had more losers.

Flash,

I used to trade with targets, tried everything from 80% of the ave daily range, 20 pips, 60 pips. None of it really worked for me. If I had a big target I would get frustrated when I was in profit but it turned before hitting my magic no, when i had smaller targets I used to get frustrated when it went like a rocket without me.

Now I use targets very loosely, sometimes i get out with 10-15 pips other times 40-80.

It just depends what's on offer.

The priority is always to avoid losing money so if its not behaving as it should I look to get out with a small profit rather then wait for a loss.

Of course some trades go against you from the off and you dont even get an opportunity to reduce your stop.

Food for thought, nothing more after all i'm an even worse trader then trendie!

just the chart.

Attachments

• trade 1.png
    trade 1.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 108
Flash,

I used to trade with targets, tried everything from 80% of the ave daily range, 20 pips, 60 pips. None of it really worked for me. If I had a big target I would get frustrated when I was in profit but it turned before hitting my magic no, when i had smaller targets I used to get frustrated when it went like a rocket without me.

Now I use targets very loosely, sometimes i get out with 10-15 pips other times 40-80.

It just depends what's on offer.

The priority is always to avoid losing money so if its not behaving as it should I look to get out with a small profit rather then wait for a loss.

Of course some trades go against you from the off and you dont even get an opportunity to reduce your stop.

absolutely,the rules are there.The stops never change and i try and target at least 2;1.However for example if my stop is 15 and ive already got 30 and its going my way,ill try and leave it in.Ive been trading for years so will try and use some of the things ive learnt over the years. I was hoping for a better performance than what has happened
so far. Im sure it will come good

ill feel like ive had 2 winners if this eur/jpy tarde comes off,didnt take my stop by 2 pips
I always like to remember these for when it takes my stop and f(*& off the other way

Libel!
I consider myself the worst trader here, not you.
Its a position I have worked hard for.
I demand a retraction.

Listen you Pr^%$s, i can back up what i say. 17 out of my last 21 trades have been losers.I am the worst so back off and accept when your beaten

Listen you Pr^%$s, i can back up what i say. 17 out of my last 21 trades have been losers.I am the worst so back off and accept when your beaten

I don't believe those were real trades, do u think were silly or something, pull the other one:cheesy: