Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
getting out was a mistake,but ive still got it short in competition and also eur/chf that i kept averaging

if i was still trading t/lines,this would have been a cert.

Attachments

• snapshot-515.png
    snapshot-515.png
    43.8 KB · Views: 136
Bah, closed final 3rd for 8 pip profit. Will wait for another opportunity. Don't like this price action on the 1 min.

Up just short of 3% on this trade for 3% risk.

Good to take some profit rather than a loss (avoiding unpleasant surprises - less stressful).

If sure about the direction you can always re enter.

Good to take some profit rather than a loss (avoiding unpleasant surprises - less stressful).

If sure about the direction you can always re enter.

Agreed although I'm never sure about the direction unfortunately! In my mind the market has to head north but then how long should that take? I mean, there are so many swings in the mean time. I've been following charts in hindsight for a good few years but trading live is completely different, so easy to lose confidence in your plan.

Agreed although I'm never sure about the direction unfortunately! In my mind the market has to head north but then how long should that take? I mean, there are so many swings in the mean time. I've been following charts in hindsight for a good few years but trading live is completely different, so easy to lose confidence in your plan.

I've been trading for some time as well and still trying to accept the reality that price never goes one way without pull backs. Pull backs are OK to a certain extent, but right now EU pull back doesn't look that promising for a long (and together with Cable's collapse made me lose my enthusiasm for a long on EU). I may even go for a short - have to wait for a good set up. I guess one should follow the markets and adjust to changes.

PS Not so sure about EU - so I'll leave it till NY open.

what does the last 3 days, 15:00 and the 13900 handle on the eur/usd have in common?

Does anyone know of any options expiries lately? Someone likes pegging eur/usd to 13900 handle at 15:00, hopefully does not happen once again today.

I guess one should follow the markets and adjust to changes.

Music to my ears, just follow and trade, never guess or assume or think or expect, sit back let it go and get on board when confirmed imho

looks like we have a true professional lurking in the background (y)

Nah, being trading 15 years and lost my first 2 trading pots big style, nearly cost me my marraigeI then I learnt to trade, you cant beat them, no point in fighting them, so may as well join them, let the big boys take it where they want and join them asap after confirmation by what ever method you choose to trade, all in all KISS.

Hence my motto below

Not so sure about EU - so I'll leave it till NY open.

It was so quick (maybe 10 minutes) - I didn't have time to post long at 80, quickly took 20 on 2/3 and moved the stop for 1/3 to 70. I didn't expect it (especially long) - I was only alerted by the alarm when I got in.

Still think 1/3 may go some way up.

...stop to 00

... to 10

... to 20

... to 25

Last edited: