Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cable has been nervous for some time, hasn‘t it. It looks like an exciting pair - you never know where is going next.

Mov Avg crosses work great if you use them solely as entry/exit signals. When it crosses UP, you get screwed UP the ****, when it crosses DOWN, you get pounded DOWN into the ground.

Works like a charm.

Peter

That's not necessarily the case... I know what you're saying - They're useless in range-bound markets but if you were to add to your positions when you catch a decent trend they appear to work well. I only have manual back testing to base this opinion on and I don't use them because I prefer what I'm doing now but I think they can work on longer time frames if used the right way.

Tick trade, momentum & HA +, so -10 as a disaster stop insurance

Rarely will I go for big runs, +10 - 15 max per trade

I was skyping with someone earlier today, and he said a daily haul of 30-40 is far more achievable consistently than crossing your fingers and hoping for outlier 100 pip runs.

I might have to give this some thought.
Over a 7am-3pm day, there are many more opportunities to grab 10-20 pips than waiting for key trend-change moves.

Doing my head in! But not such a massive change in thought, since I only take pullbacks to a known trend.
While I wait for a dull move to come good, you guys have nabbed 2 or 3 10 pip trades.

This is turning into a scalpers thread!

This is turning into a scalpers thread!

Hope not, the name of the game what ever method you use is to come out with a positive return and cut losses as soon as possible.

230 tick (plus my own version of a standard indy to support the move) has today given me 12 trades, 10 wins 2 losses, same set up each and every time, in 10/15 pips win range, max loss -10, HA candle based, helps me exit bad trades before -10 reached (sometimes), But what ever system you adopt, if you are comfortable with it trade it. Personally I'd rather have 10 x 10pip trades than 1 x 100, but each to their own.

What keeps me at ease is the higher percentage of winning trades when getting small wins rather than looking for large wins. It's a mentality issue, but as Dinos said, you have to be comfortable with how you trade.

Peter

Done for the day guys, its getting dark and I want to be away from my office before the rush hour starts, happy trading, speak/post tomorrow, bye

out here at 1.6004 for +24

good trade
,how did you call it as a stopping or turning point point. The market was moving up at the time. Ive been racking my brains out to see why,the market had hardly stopped or turned at all. Its the sort of trade i used to do and look like a genius one trade and a clown the next:)

good trade
,how did you call it as a stopping or turning point point. The market was moving up at the time. Ive been racking my brains out to see why,the market had hardly stopped or turned at all. Its the sort of trade i used to do and look like a genius one trade and a clown the next:)

Actually not been a brilliant day here, although was one of those ones that was close to being a brilliant day! strange.
I had a trade on oil that was showing me 35 points profit, but I was looking for 45points and I watched it all slip away.
Also, there was the trade first cable trade I posted this morning where i totally went against my rules and moved my stop of 20 pips to a stop of 10 pips which took me out for -10 soon after and then dropped nicely just like I was waiting for!
Im slightly up at the moment but it could have easily been a +65 or so day.
Lets see what tomorrow brings....

Anway, I think this is the trade you mean. My 'non-chart' method was waiting to go short and I waited for bearish PA on the tick chart from the previous support area shown here:

Attachments

• 6B 12-10 (2 Min)  02_11_2010.jpg
    6B 12-10 (2 Min) 02_11_2010.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 125