Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After 8:18 lowest bid at 8:25 112751 and 8:27 112752

IMO FXCM have funny charts. Once I used a demo FXCM account. At that time I was using Tradestation and ShareScope and compared the prices. At first I thought I was looking at the wrong pair - it was that much difference (candles were so different on 15min). Tradestation and ShareScope prices were similar, but very different from FXCM.

oh well its all done and dusted now, i went on to throw my toys out the pram, place another 2 trades, get whipped about and end up down 50 pips for the day.

sure i remember saying i wasn't gonna place any more trades today:confused:

Got my fingers burnt today all because of a lack of discipline,

moved my stop,
carried on trading after a second loser

both things I shouldn't be doing.

I'm now off for the rest of the day, need to reenergise rdy for tommorow, given myself a bit of a hil to climb to get back to be for the week but i'm confident if i stick to the plan i'll get back on track.

Choppy today - nothing new. (n)

Maybe GU looks the least choppy, but I didn't go for a long.

hmm im thinking of taking a b/e trade to start with,this type of market can soon take out my stop,but then again ive set my rules,so maybe ill leave it in:confused:

I'm now off for the rest of the day, need to reenergise rdy for tommorow, given myself a bit of a hil to climb to get back to be for the week but i'm confident if i stick to the plan i'll get back on track.

Best thing just to clear your head a bit.

Peter

oh well its all done and dusted now, i went on to throw my toys out the pram, place another 2 trades, get whipped about and end up down 50 pips for the day.

sure i remember saying i wasn't gonna place any more trades today:confused:

Got my fingers burnt today all because of a lack of discipline,

Easy to be wise after the event, but you may look on it in a positive way.

Use it as a starting point from tomorrow - never to break you rules.

No discipline = no success in trading

The problem here is gov't officials all around the globe are all trying get the headlines by yapping something about the eur or the $$ and each time the markets fluctuate 10-15 pips in both directions.

Peter

ADDED: If they would all just shut up the FX markets would be much more orderly and not just for trading but for economies.

Last edited:
short eur/usd at 1.3950 sl 20

target + 40,

stop is now b/e. Theres no point in letting it go against me now as I dont enter trades after about 1 pm. Target is as before1.3911. Im taking kids to park for a while,hopefully target will be hit by time I come back.

The problem here is gov't officials all around the globe are all trying get the headlines by yapping something about the eur or the $$ and each time the markets fluctuate 10-15 pips in both directions.

Peter

ADDED: If they would all just shut up the FX markets would be much more orderly and not just for trading but for economies.

It’s a funny October. Last time I experienced this much difficulties trading FX was in April. Then in the summer they said it’s a low volume so difficult to trade. IMO The summer was much better than this month. It must be to do with currencies devaluation.

'Group of 20 finance ministers and central bankers vowed Saturday to avoid "competitive devaluation" of their currencies while curbing their external imbalances.'

If you trust them -it should make it easier to trade FX.

More on the serious side. What the G20 participants say today and what they will do tomorrow are complete opposites. Example, they all "agree" to stop devaluing their own currencies...they go back to the homeland tell officials now it will be easier to continue devaulation because everyone else won't get in the way...when they are all thinking the same thing= nothing different than before the meeting.
Most gov't officials rank lower than used car salesman here in the US in terms of believability...probably the same everywhere.

Peter

...and thats Wacky's take on the state of global affairs!

disclaimer: nothing i say here has any bearing to anything resembling something that I might or might not have been referring to in reference to anything that has been stated previously by members other than the above listed name. User bears all risk.

Peter