Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
exit 2nd half 1.2375 +18
Price was approaching a consolidation line from a previous channel area. See earlier chart I posted.

Peter

eur really took a cr*p. 10 of 11 5minute candles are down. I'll be looking for a small counter-trend trade (bounce). Entry will be 1 pip above the top of the previous candle. Quick exit, small profit, don't be greedy.

Also note we are back inside the previous downward sloping channel.

Peter

(y) See! My method works just fine :LOL:

Peter

lol great shout(y),took my £ with it,my stop now at +22

I dont have a good record for evening calls. If I hadnt been in this trade,im sure I would have found some other tempting opportunity to lose my money on

Pic of trade.

Attachments

• eur_004.jpg
    eur_004.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 117
Comment: Another exit option here would be to let the trade go as long as price was making green candles or exit at around +20. As the chart shows the entry was not bad at all. Since its late in the day I just wanted to get a small bounce though.

Peter

:clap: can you explain why you were so certain that such a small bounce would happen
thanks

Well, I wasn't certain, thats why i waited until price breached the high of the previous candle. But looking at the chart, price dropped 11 of 12 candles and it fell back into a previous channel, which means it crossed the previous trend line hard. All this together favors a bounce to about the top of the channel line. Because it's counter trend I favor a very small profit here, even though r/r was upsode down on this trade.

Peter

also, the top of the channel line was almost exactly at the 23.6 fib retracement. I am not a big fib fan but when several things line up you can get nice value for your trade.

Peter

Well, I wasn't certain, thats why i waited until price breached the high of the previous candle. But looking at the chart, price dropped 11 of 12 candles and it fell back into a previous channel, which means it crossed the previous trend line hard. All this together favors a bounce to about the top of the channel line. Because it's counter trend I favor a very small profit here, even though r/r was upsode down on this trade.

Peter

very interesting,I always go on about the importance of r/r but if you have the experience and knowledge then things balance out with controlled discipline. If you know that you will win 7 out of 10 then a 8 pip stop for a 6 pt gain is good r/r

My stop is now at +29,man this is a long trade.im keeping my stop tight for no reason other than to end the day,go and have a long sleep,pleased with how Ive traded today.

I'm waiting to see of we are going to re-establish this channel on the 5m chart. I would have liked to see price move down to the 1.2325 area and bounce. It's possible a short term low has been established for now.

Peter