Forex trading live calls and set ups

I am thinking of closing this thread (Beachtrader voted a No)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
eur/gbp -20
eur -7
-27 for week,not the best start,still one good trade takes care of that

well, mine is different.. got a sell level on EU (@1.3455) that is marked with "dots" but I didn't see it because another level ( horizontal thick blue line, also happened to be the same level) was overwriting it.
In other words, dynamic cycle level was hidden by pre-determined range level.
Funny but true.. 101 ways to miss a trade :)

re buy eur/gbp at 8801 s/l 6 worth a shot for 6 pips

the round number theorists will have enjoyed the fact it has bounced of 8800 7 of the last 8 times it has been there, lets see what id does for me

-33, time to call time for a while.Take note 5 out of my last 7 trades have been losers and 1 b/e. it happens. Thats why r/r ratio is so important.Watch by the end of the week and see where we are then good luck all see you later

Missed long trade on Cable - busy doing other things.
Anyway no point worrying about missed trades - better to look for a new opportunity and concentrate on trades I'm actually in.
I'll wait till after 14:00 to see if there are any long opportunities.

-33, time to call time for a while.Take note 5 out of my last 7 trades have been losers and 1 b/e. it happens. Thats why r/r ratio is so important.Watch by the end of the week and see where we are then good luck all see you later

later flash, don't go taking it out on your humble subjects!

stick with it, flash! (ah, ah. saviour of the univ.. oh no, you're a different flash)
better luck for the afternoon.

which markets do you look at?
just had an eyeball of EURGBP, and it seems trendilicious, with seemingly few spikes.
EJ has been a chop-monster this morning.

EDIT: I suppose I'm interested in whether you pick markets that are specifically uncorrelated to avoid trading the same condition, or whether they are markets you have found to be trendline-friendly.

Last edited:
What happened to the gap? According to the gap experts it should be filled.
Any experts on gaps?

Short NQM10 2009.75. sl2012. this is not forex.

update: stopped. this market is still strong

Last edited:
in again NQ futs 2009.50 sl2012.

add: this could be a swing depending on how it close today

Last edited:
in again NQ futs 2009.50 sl2012.

add: this could be a swing depending on how it close today

covering NQM10 @1992.00 for +17.50 (70 ticks), initial risk was 2.50 (10 ticks).
vwap engine still rocks :clap:

edit: adding chart

Attachments

• 100419NQ.PNG
    100419NQ.PNG
    26.1 KB · Views: 1,793
Last edited:
stick with it, flash! (ah, ah. saviour of the univ.. oh no, you're a different flash)
better luck for the afternoon.

which markets do you look at?
just had an eyeball of EURGBP, and it seems trendilicious, with seemingly few spikes.
EJ has been a chop-monster this morning.

EDIT: I suppose I'm interested in whether you pick markets that are specifically uncorrelated to avoid trading the same condition, or whether they are markets you have found to be trendline-friendly.

I look at both correlated or not.Sometimes i increase stakes if correlation is in my favour.Today it wasnt, I just saw a good 60 min break of pattern,took it and took it twice more as the line was still valid.It does seem like there has been many spikes the last few days. At leat now I never worry,Ive had drawdowns of 100 pips before and always finish on top in a month so theres no worries. I just dont like to post losing trades when people are watching,anyone watching my last 7 trades wouldnt be to impressed. Just hope they realise thats the nature of trading.
i look at all currencies that have a 3 pip spread or less. Its more a case of which patterns are better than which market. im sure if i only took lines and patterns(continuation) with the relevant trend id make a lot more. What I do know is that I make more on shorts than longs.Dont really know why. It could be that markets tend to move quicker downwards,who knows.

I look at both correlated or not.Sometimes i increase stakes if correlation is in my favour.Today it wasnt, I just saw a good 60 min break of pattern,took it and took it twice more as the line was still valid.It does seem like there has been many spikes the last few days. At leat now I never worry,Ive had drawdowns of 100 pips before and always finish on top in a month so theres no worries. I just dont like to post losing trades when people are watching,anyone watching my last 7 trades wouldnt be to impressed. Just hope they realise thats the nature of trading.
i look at all currencies that have a 3 pip spread or less. Its more a case of which patterns are better than which market. im sure if i only took lines and patterns(continuation) with the relevant trend id make a lot more. What I do know is that I make more on shorts than longs.Dont really know why. It could be that markets tend to move quicker downwards,who knows.

Was just about to download your avatar then saw you had it - pointless post i know

Morning, hopefully the markets are ripe for Lord Flasheart's likings. :)

GU: sell below 1.5350 but 5325 & 5280 are supports
UJ: sell below 92.40
EU: sell below 1.3464 but this kind of set ups cost me pips in jan/feb as I kept on selling at the level

I will try be on the bench unless I've got the charts screamming something. let's see..