Forex Day Trader's Thread

The odds are 1 in 7 over time.. roughly 16% chance of success to due to people doubling-down etc.. same as in forex.. doubling down trying to make the entry line closer.. ugh..

I don't gamble.. never bought a lottery ticket even. I'm good at math and the math doesn't pan out ;)

I did go on a ship in Miami in 1999 and we went 1 mile offshore and there was gambling but I didn't do it.

Hmmm... I might actually be paying interest.. I don't really know how it works. I don't usually hold trades this long! BUT finally the ******* is moving my way.

The odds are 1 in 7 over time.. roughly 16% chance of success to due to people doubling-down etc.. same as in forex.. doubling down trying to make the entry line closer.. ugh..

Still not sure about those numbers. The house edge in blackjack is very small <1% and if you're betting colours on roulette house edge is 1/37 (european) or 2/38 (american)

Last edited:
If you win and continue to go back you'll lose.. I read the number in a Forex book actually but I can't remember the time periods involved.. I'm sure the number approaches 100% at some point.. Really the only way to win is to place 1 bet, win out of shear luck and then walk away.. but most people don't do that.

Still not sure about those numbers. The house edge in blackjack is very small <1% and if you're betting colours on roulette house edge is 1/37 (european) or 2/38 (american)

roulete you can play certain strats which can play out nicely IF you have a bit of luck on your side.

betting single numbers is a fools errand seeing chances of winning are 1/37 and the payout is 1/35

i always bet sectors quite big once u get have had a few hits in the same sector, ussualy plays out quite well but last few days had some really stinking luck

Sectors or betting on colours is where house edge is smallest. Especially if you can get european roulette. Bet on red and get paid evens on an 18/37 event.

Some craps bets you can place can also significantly reduce house edge. In the long run you will lose, but it may take a long time for the natural expectation to catch up with you and variance can make you a big enough winner before the stats catch up with you .

I prefer trading.. you can study how to win and play with a plan.. You can never study to roll dice better. Plus you just look silly yelling EXCELSIOR at the craps table.

Sectors or betting on colours is where house edge is smallest. Especially if you can get european roulette. Bet on red and get paid evens on an 18/37 event.

Some craps bets you can place can also significantly reduce house edge. In the long run you will lose, but it may take a long time for the natural expectation to catch up with you and variance can make you a big enough winner before the stats catch up with you .

18/37 event? er no! ball landing either black or red is 50/50 EVEN if it has been black the last 1000 times. infact its not even 50/50 because of 0. would be a freak occarance to run that many times on the same colour. but when that wheel spins the previous results have NO effect on where it will land

Seems to me it all started happening when that Aussie data came out WAY better than expected.. Nikkei was down and jumped way up when it happened. It must have been overdone because the US stock rally isn't doing much for risk at all.. I'm staying short EJ

Yep seems to be what happened. Asia did get overdone last week. In comparison, 4770 on the ASX was about 1075 on the S&P last time around. Right now we are at 4730 or so, with a pretty weak day. Tested 4770 and just started selling from there. If it breaks 4700, we should see even more selling into any strength the US produces.

In terms of volume, it appears all over the place :) Even yahoo finance tells you the volume on the index :). Mondays are very commonly low volume anyhow. Look at the US markets. They were dead yesterday.

18/37 event? er no! ball landing either black or red is 50/50 EVEN if it has been black the last 1000 times. infact its not even 50/50 because of 0. would be a freak occarance to run that many times on the same colour. but when that wheel spins the previous results have NO effect on where it will land

He means 18 red, 18 black, and 1 green :p 37 all up :) You are talking about the same thing.