Forex Day Trader's Thread

Unlucky Vin - are you going to stay in Thailand or going to make some cash to come back here?

Good luck whatever you decide.

I would smack myself in the eye a few times and give myself a fat lip and say I got robbed... then they'll have to take care of you at the embassy.

risky, because you could end up in a Thai prison and I'm sure it's not nice, but you have to do something! I'm surprised you blew up because you were coming up with some good trades the other day on Euro. Did you try to increase your leverage after you won a few?

wait .. wait.. wait.. the FOMC is today.. nevermind, I don't hate myself enough to keep an order on the board.

I finally flattened my eur/usd position after a week. That was dangerous on my part, won't be doing that again.

When the FOMC stuff comes out today, is it an all at once type of release, or is it like a statement that takes time to digest?

both. the fenderal funds rate will instaly move the market big time..and it may move again as people read the release, and not always in the same direction!

it takes time for the market to figure out what to do and it is utter craziness .. Also, right before the minutes are released the big banks position themselves and the whippiness is loony.. You can't trade it. You can only get lucky.

it has the ability to go more than 100 pips in both directions over a 10 minute period.. and the broker will have trouble executing your order as well.. it sucks.

Reminds me of a few months back I was long eur/usd into rates. It dropped about 100 pips losing me all my profit i'd made over the day then over a period of 5-10 minutes it climbed about 80 pips. That was fun times.

I still think the medium term trend (for another week or so - some would call it short) is down and its worth shorting gbp and eur on the upside spikes. Fundamentally nothing will change, FED will leave rate unchanged, and if they rise it the USD will rise, the stocks probably will correct some more (cartel must save aces for year end to sell the recovery story)

Trading days like this are boring... everybody's just waiting. This is a big week, monthly jobless data Friday too.