Forex Day Trader's Thread

I like Euro towards 1.48 tonight because of that late rally.. The data this morning was stunning and the sell-off came due to yet another schmucky political figure who enjoys harming the economy with loose-lippedness..

I'm long, strong and could *never be wrong at 1.476

*statement not verified by the FTC

Cmon...don't jinx it. You may as well just give it the kiss of death and kick me in the nuts while you're at it.

long EJ again as promised.. we seem to be stuck in a 30 pip range in EJ and a 25 pip range in EU.. Japan is on another silly holiday

RBA rate announcement is causing some volatility.. I'm not going to get on the bad side of it.

:confused:

Why would Aussie tank if they raised rates? Should strengthen Aussie.. I guess the market wanted more..

BLURB:

A UK clearer destroyed Aussie before the announcement

:confused:

Why would Aussie tank if they raised rates? Should strengthen Aussie.. I guess the market wanted more..

BLURB:

A UK clearer destroyed Aussie before the announcement

I'll tell you why, because there is a real question about the reality of this whole recovery. RBA is one of the only Central Banks that is raising rates while unemployment is going up. In fact, the last major bank to do that was the BOJ, and that didn't go so well. That is not good for people. I have looked at people writing on chats as the announcement came out, and most have been talking trouble about paying off their mortgages. We have a crazy housing bubble here, and it is scary. Melbourne, Sydney, Adelaide, Sunshine Coast and Gold Coast are meant to be among the top 15 most expensive cities in the world, above the likes of New York. That is insane. People are repeating the mistakes of the sub-prime, except they aren't "forced" into mortgages, they just buy houses until they can't spend on food. Ultimately, that means trouble down the road. When you see people who "are screwed" (direct quote from a guy on a chat) because of an extra $40/mnth that is BAD. We are skewed here. Watch for this bubble to burst, and housing to drag the market down. My parents' house is worth more now than when they bought in 07 in this area. A good 40% too. And this is not a residential area, this is a bayside area, that is close to the city.

In addition 25 was priced in. Watching forward, if this downturn is the real deal and we have a retest of March lows, they will have to revert, and prove they were wrong yet again. about 18 months ago, the cash rate was 7.25% now its 3.5% after 2 hikes. All BS

yikes.. there goes Euro and there go half of my Asian gains.. going back to bed.. this had better not reverse!

EUR091103.GIF

How's the margin rebuilding going Vinny?

Slowly, Slowly Pippy.. I made a good plan to get out of this.. Looks pretty, I`m decreasing my risk as my account grows again.. It will take some time.. But well, still alive in the game.

I can’t make many bad calls in a row or I`m ****ed up.. Real ****ed up.. So, instead of greed I fell the fear.. This is bad too.

I can’t pull the trigger as fast I used to and it is killing or saving me.. Confidence is improving.. Need to take some good trades again.. Looking forward to NFP it will save me..

How are you doing?

Last edited:
I did great in Asia, but was stopped out -30 this morning.. I'm still up for the day, but disappointed.. I'm not taking a position on anything just yet..