Forex Day Trader's Thread

I will be twice as rich as that tight-wad buffett by the time i'm half his age. "Oracle of omaha" my **** - more like lucky monkey.

Last edited:
I'm shooting a bit lower.. My plan is to be twice the tight-wad by the time I'm half his age.. If I have too many more days like today I won't have much choice.

I don't actually trade for money though. I'm mostly in it for the eye floaters I get from chronic eye strain.

Gotta speculate to accumulate. Nothing in trading apart from the money.

I'm holding cable shorts and euro longs - should be interesting :LOL:

open EU 4hr chart and check out the perfect trading off the SMA support.. the next SMA resistance is at 1.495 as well..

meh...have fun with that. Sounds like too much hassle for me, I prefer to just click and see what happens.

I'm out for the night, later.

This week is COMEX gold and silver NOV option expiry and last trading day of the October contract on Oct 27 & 28 respectively. There is a massive "digital option" (An option whose payout is fixed after the underlying stock exceeds the predetermined threshold or strike price. The value of the payout is determined at the onset of the contract and doesn't depend on the magnitude by which the price of the underlying moves. So, whether you are in the money by $1 or $5, the amount that you receive will be the same), which expires Wednesday. It so large the thinking is that it is a central bank. This why all rallies toward that price level continue to fail.

Also, this week Treasury has huge auctions:

· $29 Billion in 91 Day Bills, October 26th
· $30 Billion in 182 Day Bills, October 26th
· $7 Billion in 4.5 Year TIPS, October 26th
· $44 Billion in 2 Year Notes, October 27th
· $41 Billion in 5 Year Notes, October 28th
· $31 Billion in 7 Year Notes, October 29th

So the USD must rise! I was expecting that, but I thought that EUR will go above 1.51 before a fall.
We can expect fireworks especially in the gold today and tomorrow.

both of my Euro stops were victorious!

EXCELSIOR my friends.. EXCELSIORRRR!!!!

now that 1.484 has been broken we could have some decent downside.. next stop 1.477

Studies have shown that screaming out "EXCELSIOR" increases your win percentage by nearly 30%... Try it next time you order gets filled..

I prefer "BOUNCE" and "gogogogo" - but that is all I share for now, I don't wish to divulge all my secrets.

I do a lot of "up up up up" while beckoning spot with my index and middle finger and of course the classic.. "oh yes, TAAAAANK"

Citigroup issued a report saying that the euro will depreciate against the dollar after breaking through the key support level at $1.4845. It expects a move down to the 55 day moving average at $1.4578. Citi is advising clients to sell euro at $1.4815 level and should take off the trade if the euro rises above $1.4890.