Forex Day Trader's Thread

ugh.. looks like I should have held Cable.. would have hit my 130 pip target, but no one has ever gone broke from banking 57 :D

I'm short euro still from last night at 1.4938, target of 1.4825 so will probably regret not taking profit earlier but my chart looks like a nice set of breasts at the top, is there any technical interpretation of this? It looks like a top seen on the 23rd September.

I played golf this morning and seemed to have made more doing this and by staying away from the screen. However, now concerned about global warming as it was damp, wet and windy in Oxford this morning and landed up a bit sun burnt by the 18th green......

It was 37 Celsius here yesterday on the 15th of October.. very odd.

I'm sticking with the trend on Euro and using this opportunity to buy it cheap.. data coming out today has been positive so far as well.. except to BoA numbers, but I think the damage has been done from that. I'm up 14 on Euro, been as high as 20..

I would definitely short Cable at 1.64 if it can scoot up there again by the NY afternoon

yes, infinite typ.. traders are their own worst enemy. If you make a trade with wide parameters it's better not to watch.. it's going to do whatever it's going to do without your interference.

gona be intresting today!! savage losses from BAC could turn this market..BUT we still have this upside gap everyone is talking about..god knows whats gona happen lol

I would definitely short Cable at 1.64 if it can scoot up there again by the NY afternoon

yes, infinite typ.. traders are their own worst enemy. If you make a trade with wide parameters it's better not to watch.. it's going to do whatever it's going to do without your interference.

yep agree, for med. term trades (1 to 2 days) I use 30m chart and use a sma as my stop, don't like a fixed stop as things change. If I watch it then tend to see things that are not there. So, my moving average is still coming down so I'm hanging on until 1.4825

hmmm... I would use a fixed stop below or above the SMA.. Most traders use SMA to enter trades because spot will touch SMA and then reverse. So by using SMA as a stop you're placing your stop at a point where it's likely to harm you rather than help.

previously used s/r is more meaningful to the market than SMA anyway..

I think it's time I overhauled my Match profile.. Do you guys think I should be an astronaut, a heart surgeon or somehow work in a story where I'm both?