Forex Day Trader's Thread

Few thoughts: we are around 76 (USD index). There will be a bounce, could be to 80 or less. Then it's going lower ~72
I think tomorrow will reverse

Just a thought.. every retail trader on the PLANET right now is waiting to go short on the euro, I've been bored tonight and any forum you read all the chatter is about shorting the euro at the 1.46 resistance

What you're doing is trying to sell into a strong uptrend. What I assume will actually happen is that we'll get a retrace just far enough to lure in the suckers short, and then we'll see them get taken out by a swift rise to 1.47 or 1.49 next week.

Personally I'm waiting for 1.44 or 1.46 to become resistance turned support.

Not to say that the wiley amongst you won't be able to scalp a few short ;)

This one thinks similar:
US Dollar Forecast Bearish on Forex Sentiment - Yahoo! Finance

I'm one of the wiley ones who is short Euro.. got a 1 pip profit stop and looking to get 53 pips..

I am still long in the euro from 1.4575 and gbp 1.6650. I use a currency meter as a gauge, the gbp has been steady past 6 and US around 1.5. I have my next resistance points at 1.4628 and 1.6732. Will see how price reacts at these levels if I hold on.

Just a thought...

Someone pointed me out to this thread, and I have to say it's quite the joke. All the time people here shorting the EUR, while - unless you can't distinguish up from down - it's pointing straight up.

I checked back on the first post, December 8, 2008, and it says:
"This Euro strength is ridiculous and mathematically and tehcnically makes little sense.. The market will correct this.. "

Ironically enough, 8 December was a clear BUY signal! Yes, the market came back to test the lows in March after a 400 pip rally, but now that we're so high again, everybody's trying to short and pick a top. I hate to see people throw money out of the window, so just thought I'd suggest people take a long hard look at the chart and think again about why this is a short squeeze.

Attachments

• eurusd.gif
    eurusd.gif
    20.9 KB · Views: 156
Reactions: BSD
Someone pointed me out to this thread, and I have to say it's quite the joke. All the time people here shorting the EUR, while - unless you can't distinguish up from down - it's pointing straight up.

"This Euro strength is ridiculous and mathematically and tehcnically makes little sense.. The market will correct this.. "

Ironically enough, 8 December was a clear BUY signal! Yes, the market came back to test the lows in March after a 400 pip rally, but now that we're so high again, everybody's trying to short and pick a top. I hate to see people throw money out of the window, so just thought I'd suggest people take a long hard look at the chart and think again about why this is a short squeeze.

Ah but you can't get it through to some people....paths of least resistance...increasing swings and volatility whilst its trying to find a top......trying to find a top means....theres a damm site more chance of it keep swinging higher than there is of actually nailing a top...think bananas. :LOL: Think parabolic.

Last edited:

At 7000+ posts seems they enjoy the joke.
Its the weekend, time for some yummy Belgian beer FW ...

Reactions: BSD

Haha absolutely mate been thinking that for awhile too when I stumbled on this some days ago, I really do miss most things here !!!

Btw good seeing you again, been awhile, hope you've been doing well.

Anyway, this here is the biggest nonsense thread right after DT's makebelieve returns thread on this board.

Talk about fitting ones facts around ones phantasies.

Where'd that guy get that fabricated nonsense from about what the German Finance Minister said anyway haha.

Hey, Germany is officially OUT of the recession.

Did George Bush start this thread, that was HIS specialty, fabricating nonsense out of the blue air like there's no tomorrow, seems like he's not the only with a degree in that !!!

LOL !

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

At 7000+ posts seems they enjoy the joke.
Its the weekend, time for some yummy Belgian beer FW ...

Lol yup Nicola haha, and yup, aalso sounds great with the beer there !!!

Will have one to you later.

beer.cheers.JPG

:)

:LOL: with the average 5 pages per day (or so), you have to expect 80% of the messages are joking around :D I have most of my messages written here in this thread, not to try to "teach" or "learn" anything, but just to share views, laugh and pain. If you don't see this is worth it to read then just do so.

:cheers: