Forex Day Trader's Thread

yep.. that's possible Jason.. but the risk reward makes sense to go long at 1.40 .. I'm actually long at 1.4015 with a tight stop

short

yep.. that's possible Jason.. but the risk reward makes sense to go long at 1.40 .. I'm actually long at 1.4015 with a tight stop

You can bring your stop up then now can`t you..i`m loaded with more shorts and looking for 1.3990 today and eventually much lower so no scalping for me...

Shorts.....

I just can`t stop going short...I`m going be f..... if this doesn`t drop to the figure today.. I won`t sleep very well put it that way........

there's also this to consider

eurgbp 60 min rsi in oversold territory...and price near support from former daily lows

as well as two failed attempts to break 970 in the S&P

Shorts

there's also this to consider

eurgbp 60 min rsi in oversold territory...and price near support from former daily lows

as well as two failed attempts to break 970 in the S&P

eurgbp I don`t like that market at present. Its sort of got itself into a corner with no clear indication either way. But shouldn`t really matter to eurusd. gbpusd matters and I think we will see that sell off tomorrow or friday and that will then boost the eurgbp to the upside.

Short Euros

It could, let's hope it holds :(

Short euros when the market is going down makes more sense than trying to buy it. At least I can`t see the risk/reward in buying only the risk that the market keeps going down. Sounds more like a range bound strategy which doesn`t fit a market that is moving like it is today!!

Short euros when the market is going down makes more sense than trying to buy it. At least I can`t see the risk/reward in buying only the risk that the market keeps going down. Sounds more like a range bound strategy which doesn`t fit a market that is moving like it is today!!

I agree with you. Pippy is a braver person than me. I have no position in eur/usd right now, but it has been exciting to watch.

looking at the 4 hour chart
price has dropped 264 pips today
I put some fib lines in and price has just just crossed the 38% line
I think we have had our move for today !
will it retrace to1.40.98 overnight?
price seems to like round numbers

There's also daily SMA at 1.3995 .. I'm actually in profit again after another failed attempt to break 970 support in the S&P

Don't want to jinx it but things are looking pretty good with 45 minutes to go before stock markets close.

As always pippy you hve the right idea. I was thinking you might be early. Weakness for a few daysTue/Wed/Thurs/?Fri. I have the DJI wave 2 down(of 5) of B up. As i said a few days of weakness before 3 up starts. I'm saving for C down to follow wave 5 of B. dollar express

well basically what it boils down to is a risk of 30 pips for a potential gain of 180 .. there seems to be no shortage of buyers around 1.40

I'm up 20 .. we'll see what the Japanese can do later tonight