Forex Day Trader's Thread

i been out most of the day, had no positions open. from reading your guys comments, looks like it been a tough day.turned out that citi results were better than expected. BUt the dow hasn't really rallied. I see that as a bad sign, or probably that good news from the banking sector had already been priced in and now it will take something more significant to stimulate a rally in equities. Looks to me that next week we could have a correction, with the dow pulling back a few hundred points. However, knowing the dow, it will rally like crazy in the last hour or so of trading.

S&P spot 875 .. 877 is the retracement level.. EUR/JPY looking heavy below S&P 875 . .I'm back in with a tight stop .. It is friday also and most traders would probably choose to t/p rather than go for an extremely risky attempt to break 877

ladies and gentlemen I do believe we have completed a retracement in the S&P500.. I'm already short EUR/JPY and will let this slippery sumbitch ride to 126.5

Euro sharply down, despite stock market holds steady today,

watch out next week action, usd could be moving up sharply

and finally euro/usd moving to 0.50 cents? :)

RIDDERTRADE

agreed.. unless a convincing break of 877 in the S&P occurs.. Otherwise we may FINALLY get a super easy trade going.. Short the bejesus out of everything but JPY and USD and LET IT RIDE!

woo-hoo!

Gene..

your mission should be to make it to NYC...

Here's how you do it.. You trade RIGHT dammit and you become a man's man at 25.. The solution is there, you just need to be properly motivated.. Trade right, get the facts of your trades behind you and I GUARANTEE you'll get a low-pressure apprenticeship somewhere in New York. 10 hours per week or something super cushy and you'll be into country legit.. Then you work a fake Liverpudlian accent and be 6'2" and work the local scene... most of all you invite me up to NYC and we do the town RIGHT you Scottish @#(@^$( ! :LOL:

HURRY UP!

If you live 2 more years on this Earth do this..

I've always wanted to assemble a gang of experts in order to pinpoint MAJOR SUPER DUPER levels of entry using buy or sell stops.. Many people who trade in different ways sharing their opinions.

Day trades are essentially a fools errand in my opinion.. The overall expenditure of effort is like a hamster running in a wheel. As far as long-term plans are concerned, day trades are entertainment which can bolster your margin to the point where a real trade becomes possible.

99.9% of trades aren't worth making... The moment comes when a cleverly placed stop runs and runs and runs in your favor while you have only risked 30 pips.

The time will come again when Euro falls and then begins the familiar procedure of knocking on the door of 1.30 again.. When it does this it moves 300 pips in 48 hours to the north..

However, a brave man might be looking south as we speak.. There is a condition of particularly empty space i.e. little support and would be a high probability stop victory.

Tomorrow we will band together and try to determine the best spot for a stop order going south.. mathematically the odds of risking little to gain much pays off many times over.. Even if you lose a lot of money it makes more sense mathematically to continue trying.. The logic being that if you were able to day trade your way into a big trade attempt once you could do it again, and the reward for success greatly outweighs the punishment for the loss. Ultimately, if you have the skills to successfully day trade it is inevitable that a successful trade becomes possible no matter how many times you fail in the beginning. However, with careful planning the perfect trade presents itself and the percentage of success can be raised.. This is where the community effort becomes valuable.

Well im going on record here and now that euro will hit 1.2 in the coming weeks. so i'm going to build up a position till we hit this level

Last edited:
we have failed as a community.. to start selling euro around 1.37/1.35/1.34
as i mentioned in the EURO 50 CENTS THREAD. " euro could hit 1.3x first "

Ok so where would you say the bank stops would be in EUR/JPY?? all we need to figure out is where the whales will be keeping their sell stops and JUMP ON BOARD THE TRAIN!

It looks to me like we'd have it made below the fib at 128.8.. there's an area of clear open space below with no major areas of support.. 128.6 would be good allowing the stop loss to be placed behind previous major support at -30 pips.. t/p 126.65

30 pips risked, 200 pips gained..

EJDAILY.bmp

actually the fib level is slightly lower so it would be better to be safer .. 128.55 t/p 126.65

looking at my chart, looks like 200 day SMA will provide support. That is where EUR/JPY is currently sitting on

im just focusing on euro and will be holding for a few weeks, price projection is showing 1.2 so thats what im gunning for