Dow 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll put it on the line here and see that short of a miracle we're going down like an express elevator today.

I think something big will happen soon, as we have been quite flat for the last 7 days. And I think the data coming out today will be worst than expected.

Are we

I'll put it on the line here and see that short of a miracle we're going down like an express elevator today.

are we :?: I must be out of touch with reality again :)

Ftse gone down 1st and taken its low out before announcement, it usually likes to go up 1st then go down later in my experience, sort of makes life uncomfortable for you :-0

Dow off marked up highs from last night, approaching accending trend chanel (days) weeks are leaning on them but..........

just see higher yet :confused: don"t see big sell off to many engulfers in that channel imho on the way up.

Spike down maybe, same for ftse but I can"t see ftse giving up last months high @ 5860 fut just yet

will see, stand by ftse swing post last night, spike up not as great as predicted but will sell it and see......... but not for long :p if its down .................:cry: go for a walk and think about it and say.........

Well done td good call :LOL:

I would not be surprised see a td pinbar (BUY) forming some time soon on the Ftse just before the Dow goes out the top of 3 top R :eek:

Good trading :clover:

Attachments

• Wall Street Daily Cash (10-APR-08).png
    Wall Street Daily Cash (10-APR-08).png
    9.4 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
maybe...

But dow is still down less than 10 asI type ...........interesting... VALUE ??

I'm short from 565 cash during the overnight sesh .... the risk was relatively low despite my sanguine view.....at the time.... (not a conviction short .. more speculative)

As I said with pop to 100+ wed's lows shorts were not that uncomfy 4me...

What ?

lol

1-0 to td :)

wheres my spike, wheres it to :LOL:

One -nil I thought the dow was marginally down on Wed's close .....am I missing something ? Big move down he was calling should see -100 at very least if I read his post correctly. But then I often misunderstand stuff.... (I'm not a day trader)

Rpt as I type we are flat...

X threads

One -nil I thought the dow was marginally down on Wed's close .....am I missing something ? Big move down he was calling should see -100 at very least if I read his post correctly. But then I often misunderstand stuff.... (I'm not a day trader)

Rpt as I type we are flat...

sorry x threads :)

I was hoping for spike up on Ftse at BOE so I could short

Just the opening minutes of play Hook, thought I would concede own goal with a bit of grace before the ...................

Dow flys out the top :cheesy:

Last edited:
The US boys have stacked everything in their favour today...

They have been steadily increasing their expectations of job losses for months to the point of 385,000 today. If it doesn't come in below "managed" expectations then they are in some real trouble... but the US are very good at massaging figures. WMD's etc ... expect the unexpected !

For example, would be nice if tomorrow opens slightly below 12540 and then rises, so we can short from there.

We are hovering slightly below the 12540 with one hour to go till the open, so that's looking good so far. I hope it doesn't move much lower now, so I can get in a nice short around 12540 when the markets open.

Dow still steady ..... when you consider how many think it will tank .... it's mystifying... a conundrum ... an anomaly .....potentially a gift!

Last anomaly highlighted was high oil/firm equities - we know what happened next :LOL:

Lol ...............Do over time

We are hovering slightly below the 12540 with one hour to go till the open, so that's looking good so far. I hope it doesn't move much lower now, so I can get in a nice short around 12540 when the markets open.

Fw

look at the ftse today :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

just what we were posting about last night,if the Dow breaks lower I for one always feel off side and will usually just pass on trade.

Just kind of feel the second you enter it will bite you in the asssssssssss hole

many times if its not your day :mad:

No I hate trend days prefer lots of tops and bottoms

mind you get a do over on the Dow don"t I :p

Last edited:
Dow still steady ..... when you consider how many think it will tank .... it's mystifying... a conundrum ... an anomaly .....potentially a gift!

Let's not forget, there are also a whole number of people out there who think we've seen the bottom of this.

meanwhile it's exactly where I want it, at 12540... should I take the short now, or wait another hour?
hmm pondering...

The beginning of the End perhaps

Let's not forget, there are also a whole number of people out there who think we've seen the bottom of this.

meanwhile it's exactly where I want it, at 12540... should I take the short now, or wait another hour?
hmm pondering...

Very Very major Top forming imo

An absolute top for many many years is on the cards

The beginning of the End perhaps Fw :?:

Very Very major Top forming imo

An absolute top for many many years is on the cards

The beginning of the End perhaps Fw :?:

I thought the major top was formed 6 months ago ;)

I'm still flat... would hate to see a short taken out by a quick spike on the open

My take on today if the cash goes through 540 on the open then the Bulls will have another go at 575,if it stops there,we will test yesterdays lows and then it could be interesting.
Still short

where's the stop on that? watch out for those spikes...

Entry was a bit crap to tell you the truth, there is a descending TL from the 4th on futures, ideal entry would be rejection of that. If she trades above and closes then i will be stopped out.

I am looking at commodities selling off and Euro at all time high which is making me more nervous as value buyers will be rushing to pickup cheap $ pumping the YM higher.
SFP lets me down yet again.

Also just noticed we closed above 530 support on YM yesterday, just a spike down to get clear the path for move higher to test the 700 and maybe close above it.
The more I look at it the less bearish it all seems.
Analysis paralysis engaged.

Status
Not open for further replies.