Dow 2007

lurker,

thanks for that wil get involved there too. for some reason compleatly overlooked that thread. have been reading your journal with interest, hope you continue to make progress. will try and post a charts there for you to check out, cheers

also had a short signal at 45 cash but didnt take it as was writing this....

Sorry you missed a trade on account of posting. Glad you are following the journal, looking forward to seeing thae charts. Let me know how you get on with crude. I've always wanted to be an oil futures trader! (however, my destiny lies in forex I think).

Really? All I saw was a long signal around 535.

EDIT - wait, you were short 45. Easy enough loss to make I suppose - it did look like it was still falling.

I got a long entry signal at 35. Didn't take it because it was before 3pm.

LL, 52, not on charts, had a long signal at 43, didn't take it as was still short

LL, 52, not on charts, had a long signal at 43, didn't take it as was still short

What am I doing. Why did I go long there. Why didn't I take the +4 the market offered me when it was clear resistance wasn't going to be broken. I now need to make almost 20 pips just to break even.

lurker,

dont beat yourself up about it, we all lose. the more you take it out on yourself and the more pressure you put yourself under the harder it will be to trade. i know i've been there...

you dont HAVE to make that 20 points back. they will come to you when you take the right trade. if you miss a trade there will always be anotherone and another oppertunity..

all the best..

I'm surprised any of you are taking money out of this market...it's bowling googlies right, left & centre!

There doesn't appear to be an underlying tone...has the feel it could pop either way, very whippy & wrong footing a lot I'd imagine.

Best watch from the sidelines for the time being!

I'm surprised any of you are taking money out of this market...it's bowling googlies right, left & centre!

There doesn't appear to be an underlying tone...has the feel it could pop either way, very whippy & wrong footing a lot I'd imagine.

Best watch from the sidelines for the time being!

In this kind of range you can actually make a lot of money :)
I guess I'm just a lonely chop-lover lol... take either longs on bottom and shorts on top... but stick to one direction; made two +10's now on longs