Dow 2007

closed half of each dow and spx shorts for 50+50 :cheesy: and moved the stop loss on the remainder to B/E

Nice feeling...

And for somebody who hasn't posted in some time, you sure know how to make a comeback ;) excellent trading! you holding overnights? I think 13500 Futures price likely target.

And for somebody who hasn't posted in some time, you sure know how to make a comeback ;) excellent trading! you holding overnights? I think 13500 Futures price likely target.

(Edited) Nowadays I close all positions at the end of the day, but occasionally I would let half of the position open if I think I can get a better price in the morning. If the Nikkei does badly overnight and/or the Dax opens lower, both dow and spx cash would drop in sympathy and this is what I plan to do for tonight.

I usually close all positions at the end of the day, but occasionally I would let half of the position open if I think I can get a better price in the morning. If the Nikkei does badly overnight and/or the Dax opens lower, both dow and spx cash would drop in sympathy and this is what I plan to do for tonight

My guess is we'll see a lower DAX tomorrow, that's the main reason I think DOW could drop another 50pts... what markets do you trade apart from DOW?

My guess is we'll see a lower DAX tomorrow, that's the main reason I think DOW could drop another 50pts... what markets do you trade apart from DOW?

Agreed, having watched the DAX trend all day (& steadfastly resisting any falls....ie slow falls, sharp bounce backs), the last 30 mins have seen it 'throw in the towel'.

I can feel DAX a good few points sub 7600 early doors.

I deal only cash, not futures, in five indices: dow, spx, ftse, dax and eustox50. I have a full dax short open for tomorrow and I closed my ftse short for 18 points and my eustox short for 20 points. A very good day, quite needed after a losing day yesterday.

I can feel DAX a good few points sub 7600 early doors.

So much for that, having been down overnight (& *all* night), true to form at 6.30am it spiked up & has held in +ve territory ever since.

Probably the most armour plated, risk free (for longs), "Dow on Steroids" index there is *anywhere*!

You don't ever want to be short of the dax...it's evil. :devilish:

Still short the DOW

Moved my stop loss thankfully yesterday. However I note the DOW is back showing some early morning upside. A weak close has not had much impact. Is the DOW untouchable? Seems like another bullish day on the cards. Stop back at 13575. Will go flat if required but a long does not look attractive on risk/reward.

Chart still says sell on the weekly 1 and 2 year. Good luck all.

I deal only cash, not futures, in five indices: dow, spx, ftse, dax and eustox50. I have a full dax short open for tomorrow and I closed my ftse short for 18 points and my eustox short for 20 points. A very good day, quite needed after a losing day yesterday.

FTSE overnight short looked okay, but DAX definitely back up there... German economic sentiment keeping things afloat this am.

fwiw, the pattern off the low on the 18th made a 0.5/4.236 to within 3 points of yesterdays HOD, it then made a .5 retracement. That pattern for me is now complete.

Stepping back slightly I have the low on the 16th to the low on the 18th as a .382 which gives a projection of 13703 @4.236

A few provisos in there, but essentially it can get get back to 13510ish and still be valid for a move to 13703.

Will look to do a chart and post

Personally, I would LOVE to see a market like the dow was yesterday, today and everyday for trading purposes.. up 30 points, down 20 points, up 30 and down 50 points.

Hopefully it will now start to create ranges.. late in the day was the first impulsive down move for a while.

Not planning any pre market trades.

The Dow opened the Monday session with a slow advance, but was not able to break above intraday resistance at 13,585, as seen in the 15 Minute Chart. The Dow then dropped hard from the day's resistance just before the Close, ending the day with a 14 point loss. Despite the decline, however, the Dow remains highly bullish.

The index remains within a very steep uptrend that hasn't really looked back since April. Moreover, the index continues to hold above the 13,500 level, which was crossed late last week. This is clearly the fulcrum in the charts for near-term movement. A break below this zone could easily spark weakness back toward 13,400. However, as long as the Dow remains above 13,350, further overall strength should continue.

Short Term Dow

The Dow closed the day just above near-term support at 13,540, seen in the 5 Minute Chart. Watch this zone for early direction at the Open.

Medium Term Dow

In the medium term, watch 13,600 up, and 13,450 down.

NASDAQ & S&P

The NASDAQ and S&P each pulled back from early gains, but remain much stronger than the broader market. Look for signs that more strength will be seen tomorrow.

Summary

The Dow closed the day near the lows of the session after being turned away from highs late in the day. The index continues to trend higher at a very bullish rate, which will likely continue, but a pull-back could be seen.

From signalwatch

Last edited:
Probably better just to post the URL...

http://www.signalwatch.com/markets/markets-dow.asp

by the way, talk about hedging your bets...

"Summary

The Dow closed the day near the lows of the session after being turned away from highs late in the day. The index continues to trend higher at a very bullish rate, which will likely continue, but a pull-back could be seen."

bit like a weatherman....."expect sunshine with the possibility of cloud/showers".

Last edited:
Just for info

PnF 5.0pts/box 3 reversal, bearish objective 13470

PnF 3.13pts/box 3 reversal, bearish objective 13505

PnF 10.84pts/box 3, bullish objective 13734, high pole warning

hi all,

just taken 45 pips from the ftse100 on an hourly binary bet, so will be standing aside for most of the day and keeping the points in the bag...

out of interest any one ever traded brent crude am looking into other markets and ways of trading ( hence the binary bet) and the crude makes some decent moves. just need to follow it for a bit and work out timings and variables.

have a good days trading.

Last edited:
hi all,

just taken 45 pips from the ftse100 on an hourly binary bet, so will be standing aside for most of the day and keeping the points in the bag...

out of interest any one ever traded brent crude am looking into other markets and ways of trading ( hence the binary bet) and the crude makes some decent moves. just need to follow it for a bit and work out timings and variables.

have a good days trading.

Hi brutus

Well done on the FTSE binary. I've not traded brent crude (more than twice - +45, -17, ages ago). I don't think it is a market suited to the retail trader. Perhaps look into forex or other index futures. I try to stay away from commodities given my level of experience. If you still want to trade it, I hope you find some good advice.

Maybe this trade or this board may be of interest to you.

Not trading until I get the close of the 15 min bar at 3, but I may be a grizzly bear today. Of course, support will be reached and respected by the time my system lets me put on a trade, which means I'll either have to stay out (because of short signal) or take a risky long...

lurker,

thanks for that wil get involved there too. for some reason compleatly overlooked that thread. have been reading your journal with interest, hope you continue to make progress. will try and post a charts there for you to check out, cheers

also had a short signal at 45 cash but didnt take it as was writing this....

Last edited: