Dow 2007

What do you mean for the longer term? :)
I think on the longer term most of the posters here are VERY bearish. And I mean very!

"Longer term" than a 5 minute reaction to news generally means until EOD.

I set a trailing stop too damned close, and got out with +4. I see its gone north quite a bit since. Pity. The profit on that trade will cover the spread on my next if nothing else.

Looking for a long at around 13115.

Anyone here with an undeclared position?

Edit: Long from 13311.

Last edited:
What do you mean for the longer term? :)
I think on the longer term most of the posters here are VERY bearish. And I mean very!

Hi LL congrats getting your money back plus a bit of profit.
The underlying trend is still definately up and EOD I'm bullish for the S&P and Nasdaq.
More of a minor correction in my view.

"Longer term" than a 5 minute reaction to news generally means until EOD.

I set a trailing stop too damned close, and got out with +4. I see its gone north quite a bit since. Pity. The profit on that trade will cover the spread on my next if nothing else.

Looking for a long at around 13115.

Anyone here with an undeclared position?

Long at 13311 LL :|

Support Break!

Just by a whisker. Looks like it held. North please!

Edit: and that took everything I had not to average down and buy more at 13285!

Damn right I'm still in. How come you set a stop above the support?

(You're smarter than me - I'll regret not exiting this later, but I am waiting for a retracement at least half way to breakeven)

Damn right I'm still in. How come you set a stop above the support?

(You're smarter than me - I'll regret not exiting this later, but I am waiting for a retracement at least half way to breakeven)

I closed one third at +12 and then moved the stop on remainder to break even; now looking to rearm.............

Yeah - I should have set a stop with this one. It appears there is a hammer forming on the 5 minute chart. Dare I suggest that this is the low for today?

Edit: BTW, who is Oscar? (no I don't watch him)

I closed my long positions and took a short in DAX (7509).

Am I glad I closed out my longs in time!!
And what a plunge on DAX! Freakin' amazing and I got in short! :D

No before anybody says anything... I'm banging my head against the wall for closing it at a +20 but it just plunged 80 points... that one could've made my week...

Am I glad I closed out my longs in time!!
And what a plunge on DAX! Freakin' amazing and I got in short! :D

No before anybody says anything... I'm banging my head against the wall for closing it at a +20 but it just plunged 80 points... that one could've made my week...
This one is apt to break my week. I want out at a breakeven, although I don't know if that is likely. The support down here seems to be pretty strong...

We are getting some headway with the price, so maybe that was the low. Market open for another 4 hours, so perhaps I shouldn't worry just yet...

This one is apt to break my week. I want out at a breakeven, although I don't know if that is likely. The support down here seems to be pretty strong...

We are getting some headway with the price, so maybe that was the low. Market open for another 4 hours, so perhaps I shouldn't worry just yet...

Sorry to hear that. But I've been through that phase... you want out at breakeven; then if price is at breakeven you think now it might go a little bit further, best thing to do is just close the trade IF your stop would've been hit otherwise you are down to hoping.

Sorry to hear that. But I've been through that phase... you want out at breakeven; then if price is at breakeven you think now it might go a little bit further, best thing to do is just close the trade IF your stop would've been hit otherwise you are down to hoping.
Thanks for the advice. Fact is, the stop would have been set just below the main support, which wasn't actually broken. So perhaps I should stay in this trade. I don't see the market moving much further down from here - I have a stop in at 13265, and until that is hit I shall stay in. There is some minor news at 5pm, so I am a little worried here. I think I should keep my stop where it is, set my limit order at an achievable retracement, and walk away from the screens. I have other stuff I could be doing instead.