Dow 2007

The silly part is we are not all trading the same timeframes and looking for the same things........is it any wonder there are differences of opinion about stops and carrying losses etc.

Fire and Dc can obviously look after themselves but I think what newbies might want to consider is how they are going to skin this index trading cat.... sorry to our spanish moggie :LOL:.........

You don't have to be an active trader to make good money trading.... as obvious as that sounds I get the impression sometimes that people think that 3, 4, 5 trades a day is what they should be doing but it's not for everyone... don't get seduced by the fast money boys.... that is but one way of operating...

For newbies and re-invented traders, I would start with the longer timeframe and get good at that .... xxxx the inactive periods after all there are loadza things you could be doing with that "spare" time.... I spend ages waiting .... it does not bother me cos I've got other things to fill the time...

Rant over..:cheesy:

couldn't agree more..HS..I can see FW, DC and many other styles being succesful..it's allabout personality, time constraints (or not). Stepping back and looking at longer time frames is like stepping back from a great oil painitng..stand too close and you don't get the picture...
also waiting ..

Well it's not difficult to say it has been a better day than yesterday. :LOL:

Eagerly waiting for Uncle Ben's jibberish but feeling awfully sleepy.

13452 is on my radar followed by 13628.

We are having a little breather.

I am still bearish on outlook however. Came as a shock to me too when I thought about it... :cheesy:

I ask my self am I being stubborn? I have re-evaluated pos and upon reflection no I don't think so... :cheesy: :confused: ;) :eek:

Here is the same chart from couple of weeks ago... It is long term and you can see price nicely bouncing off that long term trend line.

I'll keep posting this up every couple of weeks as I do feel history repeats it self.

Good trading everyone.

Attachments

• DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A.png
    DOW JONES INDUSTRIAL A.png
    18.7 KB · Views: 153
Last edited:
exit 298, misread that one.

Been lonely on the forum today (even though eleven are viewing the thread :rolleyes:). See you all tomorrow, and have a good evening guys (and ladies). :)

nice trades :D

I was not paying attention today although I was logged in to the forum .. I traded the FTSE in the morning ..made some points and figured there was every chance I would give up some points if I traded the dow ..but damn it all ... the last time I looked at the chart I said "long here" ... didn't place it 'cause I would not be around to watch.

Well it's not difficult to say it has been a better day than yesterday. :LOL:

Eagerly waiting for Uncle Ben's jibberish but feeling awfully sleepy.

13452 is on my radar followed by 13628.

We are having a little breather.

I am still bearish on outlook however. Came as a shock to me too when I thought about it... :cheesy:

I ask my self am I being stubborn? I have re-evaluated pos and upon reflection no I don't think so... :cheesy: :confused: ;) :eek:

Here is the same chart from couple of weeks ago... It is long term and you can see price nicely bouncing off that long term trend line.

I'll keep posting this up every couple of weeks as I do feel history repeats it self.

Good trading everyone.

I think it's going for 13452 right now (00:53uk time), currently 13390 (CMC) .. I'm still sitting on the sidelines .. but even if I did sit down to the computer in time to catch the move I wouldn't have traded . I'd be up all night watching:LOL:

Last edited:
seems like a good call .. what made you trade short there?
1 minute candles looked like they were topping out to me at 6392 ish. We then slowly delined. I decided to short the retrace up after that little decline. Was looking good for a while. We'' see. Stop is at 6398 for me.

mrng chaps how good does this look still happy with me Dow short even though I played short term long yesterday and will turn at 13440 and take a second short Im also short the FTSE 406 looking for 206

As allways just my thoughts and not intended as trading advice

forgot to say I would like to see a second hit FTSE 406 in about an hour just to confirm

FTSE Short

Hi DC

Are you not worried that, the buying will probably start again on Monday, start of the new months funds entering the market ?

i am also short 13040 and 13297 from a couple of days ago for a average of 13168.5. I am looking to close on a closing price below this. 13450, 50% retracement from the 14200 to 12700 down move I expect this to hold the up move.
everyone expects the christmas rally maybe we will get a new low instead.

You got deep pockets to still be holding this one!

but he covered it with a long as stated above ..

DC: you don't say what level .. you must be using two accounts so essentially you are flat overall?

the dow has stopped at 440 (cmc)