Dow 2007

Funny feeling hard to explain..... bit scary but also a big opportunity :devilish: ;)

Sorry crystal ball a bit cloudy .... :LOL:

Last edited:
DC

Hi, sorry, must be typo from me, apols, I was merely stating, that such a move from the current "value" would require a significant move and it would be nice to see a chart to confirm how your saw this developing.

Regards

If the relationship holds

Past wobbles in the indices have caused fx to fluctuate[:)] in the same manner ... I suspect the better opps might be in carry trade crosses .. perhaps.. I say better cos they don't seem to have reacted much YET!

That's a cracker........

Had a little chuckle there CV :LOL:
============================================================
I'm looking at whether the KEY 1.11 holds on $/swiss franc ...now 1.1320

On the fx/index correlation - "the carry trade" is saying this is a storm in a teacup...just noise........ at the moment.

I'll be listening closely for changes in its rhetoric :LOL:

"hi Dino no worries I understood what you meant the only problem is I dont use charts, with the exception of doing a mouse over to find out a price for a given time, I just use The futures price and convert to cash price for ease of posting.anyway its 8:30 so I better get a move on catch ya all latta, a final not it would be nice to see an early 412 before a re arm"

Win -Win ?

Dow now down ~150 for the open.

But many blue chip tech stocks made new highs Tuesday...

So... either Dow rallies or Goog, Intel, Rimm, (Cisco), HP, Apple could come in for some stick.... OR NOT

* unsure about Cisco cos of earnings report due soon.

Burger King and McDonald's also made 52H - !!!

Last edited:
I think that we've seen the top for today. Further, I don't see it getting above resistance at 13570. A retest of 13500 seems likely. Staying flat on the Dow today.

"hi Dino no worries I understood what you meant the only problem is I dont use charts, with the exception of doing a mouse over to find out a price for a given time, I just use The futures price and convert to cash price for ease of posting.anyway its 8:30 so I better get a move on catch ya all latta, a final not it would be nice to see an early 412 before a re arm"

nice, but bloomin' unlikely, lol

Well done lurker, im long...:cheesy:

Well, it got 25 points higher than I thought before falling back hard. Now trading around 50 points below my "high" call. Retest of 13500? If I was short from 570 I'd now move my stop down from -30 to BE and wait. I'm not trading this market any more though, so a moot point. I'll be back to trade it in the future, but not until I have a better action plan!

Nice to see people making some pips here though.

i thought you'd given up calling tops n bottoms ?

Oops. Perhaps I shouldn't have said "top". Mind you, if we include premarket prices calling 13660 as a "top" for the day isn't rocket science. If we are only taking about the NYSE trading hours, then perhaps I should have shut up.

Perhaps I should have said that I had identified key resistance which I believed price would fall back from in the first few hours of trading! The hypothetical short isn't turning out badly actually. A tight stop could have been used, and it didn't substantially break out above the resistance level...

"after a hit on the 412 it will open 583 as an upside with the 228 still in place"