Dow 2007

Hookshot

Sorry, don't understand why you would wish me luck, closed out for (+25), as the charts said long, I closed out on confirmation a a reversal, still cannot see a (+300) drop todday unless anybody can show me, where this is to happen

maybe the reason why we are both making so much money on longs is that everbody else here is taking short positions :)

how's that for a contrary indicator :cheesy:

Once again trading the opening gap would have resulted in a nice win. I mentioned wanting to look into this system awhile ago, but never really got the time. It is fascinating how price seems to be attracted to the PDC. Either this "gap fill" system on its own, or a method combined with something similar to what FW tried to show me with the PD(H/L) could turn into a pretty powerful trading system.

I'm only doing my market analysis EOD now, and I'm not actually taking real positions any more, but I'm still waiting and learning. I'm watching daily forex for reversal patterns based on TD's great thread and some of my own work, and looking at gap fill trades on the Dow.

For example, today the Dow opened at 13608 (14:30 GMT) and the PDC was down at 13566. Price goes right to it with minimal movement in the opposite direction. A 30 point stop would have been fine. Also, the open seems to have capped rallies today - bearish indeed! I note that the volatility is beginning to expand into EOD, but we are still range bound. Pretty much a boring inside day, but the pressure is building.

"expect drop to 288"

Guys,

As I posted earlier, not to gloat, but I expressed grave concern at a stated 288 as it was going completely against the trend, and the quote was not backed up with substance, the price is now 617 as I type.

The lesson, do not take a trade on anybody's advice or thoughts, dyor, I doubted it would fall (not suggesting your trade long either), but simply suggest you check your charts and trade what YOU see.

The lesson, do not take a trade on anybody's advice or thoughts, dyor, I doubted it would fall (not suggesting your trade long either), but simply suggest you check your charts and trade what YOU see.

... and not what you think :)

naz new highs, any takers? :p

FW

Nas 100, if it breaks R1 at 2215, I had 2224 as resistance before the next pivot, time will tell

Then theres the overall predominant trend and the particular cycle we are in within it...not to mention the increased volatility and range of price movement associated with any blow off...

We will all look back in yrs to come and say.....yeah I remember trading those times....what a great job I made of it ...what a town halls I made of it.....

The choice is yours :LOL:

"Im not sure where 288 comes from the target posted is 228 unless there is a typo somewhere, I am reminded though that unless I am prepared to post charts or a detailed explanation I should not post my targets let alone try posting via SMS messaging."

Confusing me this, Crude nearing $100 a barrel but the stock market is ignoring it. I can see the Dow having a 500 to 700 points fall and close at these levels very soon...