Dow 2007

Moreover...

......... these markets are getting very interesting .... and as ever indices are hiding an awful lot!

To me many global financials are in a perilous state ......citigroup, wash mutual, aig, countrywide, freddie mac to name but a few ...... Sure they'll get a dead cat bounce but they are badly wounded. We go on about a 100 or 200pts move in the dow (some of us) but some of these boys can give you 150pts in a heart beat .....

The Lads might be able to support the indices but they can't support every ailing stock .....Seek and ye shall find... D.Y.O.R.

Hs :D

Gettin' exotic LL !

Tell that to IG who closed out my AUDCAD long at the market at 9pm. Turns out I didn't elect for it to roll over. They only offer spot in that cross, and I just assumed it would roll. Silly me. I could have gone back in and paid the spread, but the market was higher by the time I realised, and the RR wasn't there. Silly me indeed. Thankfully I was closed for a profit (even though this was a fifty pence per point trade as I am getting used to the platform).

Not much to say on the trade other than ..... it happens - and as you know you have to pay for your education in this game... :cheesy:

"I have money always in my thoughts and my desires.........."
I would only add (non trading) ....... that I read as a younger salesman that (big) money naturally comes from helping others get what they want .. I think it was from the one minute salesman (book). It's quite a powerful concept ...and can open up a new world beyond the wonderul world of trading.... perhaps :D

Not much to say on the trade other than ..... it happens - and as you know you have to pay for your education in this game... :cheesy:

"I have money always in my thoughts and my desires.........."
I would only add (non trading) ....... that I read as a younger salesman that (big) money naturally comes from helping others get what they want .. I think it was from the one minute salesman (book). It's quite a powerful concept ...and can open up a new world beyond the wonderul world of trading.... perhaps :D

I mentioned recently that I was going to be expanding my trading, and discussing it in my journal. A few weeks later, Trader_dante started an excellent thread discussing daily forex strategies - something similar in fact to what I was wanting to do - so I am now taking some FX positions - this was my first one using the strategy, but I was closed out at a profit at MOC because I didn't tell IG to roll it over. FWIW, the position has moved 30 points higher since my long was covered.

That is very interesting (the sales thing) - definitely something to keep in mind.

So far so good!!!!

Without a sell off I can't justify a long into the Wed...

I want a sell off to 800 or below....... roughly 1/4 of the bounce off 409....

If it doesn't happen tough
- my new trading discipline :)cheesy: )
If I don't get what I want it can *** off .......:LOL:
:LOL:

Looks like support at 13795 ish ?
But will it hold ?
Hope you took your profit Hook meister

Looks like support at 13795 ish ?
But will it hold ?
Hope you took your profit Hook meister

Hook meister - I love it :LOL:
No still in .... looking to add more logs to the fire - but if the lads start playing games I'll cash in and wait for them to finish.... then .........

Hi Andy,
I've been in for a short and out again already for a few points
seems like another support area 807
A bit close to old support area for another imo

No More Mr Dow....

I'm giving up guessing the direction before my luck runs out... :cheesy:

However, the day before Fed decisions this year (2007) have been usually a dip then a rally into the close ... often finishing at the highs of the day or pretty close...!

Lets see.... not a prediction just what's generally happened previously this year ... will it happen again ?

Haven't the foggiest :D

Dow 816 :LOL:

DISCLAIMER : Based on spx data listed on Yahoo........
I only did a quick review so this info might be faulty ..

Last edited:
Having a bit of a think at 820 ish

better not say which way I've gone or it'll be the KOD (kiss of death ) to my punt

FW Longboard

went long 13840 fut and betting on a close near 13900

lolz

Hi Fw

Coiled up with its back to last weeks high, could fly well past target if you got direction right :eek:

Press plus to see week high, not showing up for some reason on normal

Last edited:
Agree Firewalker......so far we have a W type pattern potential....the acid test will be 43 /46 on the cash...if that goes next stop 880 then possibly 900....if the pattern starts to break down...then expectancy rule will be broken...and i'll be out.

long@ 815...stop@ 796

cv