Dow 2007

With dow around just 2.5% from All Time Highs ......... the credit crunch crisis would appear to have been an elaborate con ... to the untrained eye... :LOL:

I think your right , I showed the Mrs the month charts of the Dow with a 12 sma on it and told her we were in a bear market,

She kicked me of the pc and told me I was disturbed :rolleyes:

RATFLMFHO...

They're not traders. They don't see the world the same as we do.

Luckily :LOL:

You can say that again, yesterday she told me I was taking her for granted,

Bol.###### s :eek: I said I gave you £20 for just bringin me dinner upstairs.

well the Dow was movin quick at the time :p

Devilbis

Women, funny creatures, can't live with them , can't kill em!!!

I'm the boss in my house and I have my wifes permission to say so!!!!!!!!

alll the best

Long or short or should I just sit on my hands??????????????

Attachments

• Confused.bmp
    500.7 KB · Views: 126
Long or short or should I just sit on my hands??????????????
Sit on your hands and wait for the short ......... or better still .... no it's before the watershed :LOL:

But seriously the vix is getting very stretched and a reversal there could be interesting

With dow around just 2.5% from All Time Highs ......... the credit crunch crisis would appear to have been an elaborate con ... to the untrained eye... :LOL:

and the best thing is how govt stats (NFP, CPI, PPI) releases have all been non-inflationary and conveniently gave a picture of weakening US economy -otherwise it would have been difficult to justify the 50bps ! Seems like they are delaying the inevitable...a little longer..
New highs in the offing (at least for US mkts) after working off the post FOMC rally..

From Citi:

CPI "data suggest the Fed's preferred measure of core inflation is decelerating slightly from a 1.9% year/year pace already seen in the past two months, with some hope that the period of weaker demand, while concentrated in housing, will still prove
disinflationary when measured overall... Housing imbalances remain large, with 13.6% of the U.S. housing stock vacant. With new single-family home inventories most recently 73% above the level at the start of the current expansion, single family permits fell 8.1% in August, the largest one-month drop since January 1995. While broad housing starts and work-in-progress data showed smaller declines and gains in multi-family activity in August, the permits data provide the best indication that another leg down in construction activity is now underway."

Not sure Pat

Hourly stochs all banging their heads on the ceiling, the 1 hour macd histo suggesting more to come, the momentum gap appears to be widening, so perhaps a bit more yet, I'm still flat, I need to be convinced about the turn before entering

Just as I say that - its taking off again. So your estimated projection was right

The 30 min histo starting, very minimally to fall, hopefully we may see the momentum between the macd narrow hopefully the top is near

The 30 min histo starting, very minimally to fall, hopefully we may see the momentum between the macd narrow hopefully the top is near

With hundreds of thousands( perhaps millions) around the globe waiting for this ...it'll be just like the market not to give in - too much :cheesy:

I can't actually believe we have 14000 in sight again! I see the ES isn't keeping up though.

I took 10 pips net over the CPI number, and am now flat.