Dow 2007

looking to short any rally back up to 348 cash....:rolleyes:
I'm with you on that one .... finguz crost :cheesy:

You noticed the 7000 spread between Dow and Ftse that's been ongoing for a while now?
It expands and contracts a bit but seems pretty constant ....weird !

You noticed the 7000 spread between Dow and Ftse that's been ongoing for a while now?

I remember the days when the spread was 4000+.......ohh memories..:LOL:

Different perspective on Beige Book

Ammo

As my entry above from Deutsche Bank compared to:

The Street.com

Market importance: Some. Used in conjunction with recent economic indicators to gauge the strength of economy. Occasionally moves markets, but the Beige Book is not a commentary on the views of Fed members.

Looking at S&p futs....

The 1467-68.5 has been support of late and we have stopped there.... so far... Could attempt a Harry Houdini .... ?

Also near the 50% retrace of last weeks lows to this weeks highs 67-68ish=50%

dax/ftse spread

last time we got to these levels was just before 2000 tech crash...

too obvious - or history to repeat???:rolleyes:

Attachments

• DAX_FTSE.png
    DAX_FTSE.png
    38 KB · Views: 139
last time we got to these levels was just before 2000 tech crash...

too obvious - or history to repeat???:rolleyes:

to get it back to the DOW - some support at 13220 cash ? Looking for the relief rally to short...:idea: (probably me and 10k others!)

MACD Settings

Hi all

I have just recently been given a new MACD (slowed) by another trader, to run against my standard settings, on first viewing, its looks fantastic, due to its smoothed nature. I will check this out and post a chart showing its use tomorrow (Thursday).

added another @ 75...each time it pushes into 250 volume is expanding...it should break eventually...if it's still poncing about around 8pm will have to think again

out @ 85....-20....like to be in profit after 8pm otherwise could get hammered being wrong side into close

startin to think the rest of the world doesnt care how bad our economy or credit might be,they (i gotta think foriegn cash)just keep buyin every selloff!!! thought we would have puked down to 1400 by now,this selloff bein bought at 1468 is not showing enough fear bettter adjust my own

I remain bearish........

startin to think the rest of the world doesnt care how bad our economy or credit might be,they (i gotta think foriegn cash)just keep buyin every selloff!!! thought we would have puked down to 1400 by now,this selloff bein bought at 1468 is not showing enough fear bettter adjust my own

The structure is still firm but I remain bearish..... because I "think" we are one bit of data away from a decent "retrenchment" .... smarties are saying jobs picture/outlook could surprise ... perhaps this friday will give a first hint.... ?

Interesting interview on bloomberg with Mr Cotis (chief economist) @ OECD..
if video gets archived try Cotis in search box (and list by date...5th September 07) ...

Cotis called sub prime problems in May this year and looks like French politicians don't like what he's saying now.......... :eek:

http://www.bloomberg.com

On a lighter note.......

There is an article on bloomberg in the opinion section-(scroll down)

It's one of the funniest things I've read in ages.........the article is by Michael Lewis bond fund manager and best selling author........ it's a killer :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Too lazy to type out the precise link .... it's been a long day ........

Poor Andy Roddick

Beaten once again by the Fed in his own backyard........

Anyway got some sleep (what was I thinking :LOL: )..... and missed a dow "long" .... that's right you heard it right...

I'm hoping it doesn't run too far ...or I'll have to wait for the short..... :eek:

Dow currently up 50

Beaten once again by the Fed in his own backyard........

Anyway got some sleep (what was I thinking :LOL: )..... and missed a dow "long" .... that's right you heard it right...

I'm hoping it doesn't run too far ...or I'll have to wait for the short..... :eek:

Dow currently up 50

not much posting today, I guess everyone is too busy collecting points eh? ..

I think you're right S/L, was a good trading day on the Dow & Dax.....

and the FTSE .. it was a gift .. but er.. didn't quite go to plan for me:rolleyes:
I don't like the way the Dow finished today .. no big trend .. might be dull tomorrow?