Dow 2007

Hi Trick, I'm sure there is a big fall around the corner somewhere, it the meantime, I'll keep going long and short, as you know, I trade each day as it comes and what I (hopefully) see.

That was such a short at 680+ on the cash, I'm gutted I wasn't there to take it!

Anyway, now looking for a long. But where???

Dax needs a 150pt pullback and that probably means to 8k or perhaps a bit under...
So we are praying for a bounce that fails - but sadly there's not much NRG left :rolleyes:

A rally into the 21st - the solar equinox would be nice for a decent swinger ... but I'm getting carried away..

Update: we got a bounce to 8105 zone which "failed"...... then fell apart as we now know... although official close was 8090 or so ............. and now we are staring at 8k.
Actually 79740ish would be the 25% retrace off 7500 rally.

well a good day for my shorts....I was sweating buckets pre-open with futures up and Dax on steroids again....one thing I have learnt today is to trust my signals.....I stuck with them but was beginning to doubt the signs,losing confidence in them.....Was even considering throwing out the plan,closing my eyes and just going long.Just goes to show how things can change in a single day......

cheers

Steve, absolutely brilliant, well done sir.

All in all with the new system I have been working on today I came away with +10, pretty poor considering the fall, I'm still sure its got its merits, but it does need a bit more work before trading it live.

Had I traded my normal method and traded my system, I would have taken a short at 13605, like CJIA and perhaps added a further short at 13581, why the hell I have to dabble with trying to change it,I don't know, it works fine, think, I'm getting greedy and trying to enter a position earlier, when really its not needed.

Still, tomorrows another day, there will be a highs and a lows, will probably stick to my normal trading methods and paper test the new ideas.

Well done to all of you who managed to whip the MM's today.

Long 71 cash

Could have taken 17 pips on that and got Zapped big time! And I'm the proverbial shorter Don't you just feel 'unlucky at times' ?

Long again Sept 610. Looking for a bounce! Stop loss 580. If this goes down, I think it might just be my last trade ever.

Last edited:
Good evening

Fantastic trend today on the Dow. I have not traded it since last friday (-25 that day). Dinos, thanks for your reply, only just seen it. I shorted at according to tradiindex 7.56PM at 13694. On my chart I read approximatly 13586. Daily cash, so I just let the trade expire to market close whilst tightening the stop on the way down.

well a good day for my shorts....I was sweating buckets pre-open with futures up and Dax on steroids again....one thing I have learnt today is to trust my signals.....I stuck with them but was beginning to doubt the signs,losing confidence in them.....Was even considering throwing out the plan,closing my eyes and just going long.Just goes to show how things can change in a single day......

cheers

Brilliant Steve. I have been checking the indeces off and on today and having seen the rise and then the fall I thought this was a shake out. Instead the fall just continued.

I thought I was missing out but I'm glad I didn't participate as I would have gone long with my morning instincts.

Well done and to everyone else who got some.

PS. Be interested in your signals that gave you the short.

Brilliant Steve. I have been checking the indeces off and on today and having seen the rise and then the fall I thought this was a shake out. Instead the fall just continued.

I thought I was missing out but I'm glad I didn't participate as I would have gone long with my morning instincts.

Well done and to everyone else who got some.

PS. Be interested in your signals that gave you the short.

Thnx m8......I just use basic price/volumes...I posted previously that it was NDX which gave me the heads up...i'll try and get some charts together to explain....

Currently have + 140 on Dow ,+260 on SPX and + 100 on Dax....
We've met all my targets today,with NDX and Comp both closing their gaps but I'm gonna hang on to these hoping for more downside tomorrow...volume always seems to come out on the downside but we haven't seen decent follow through yet.
Interesting that Amexchange halted trading today saying it's system couldn't handle amount of selling......

cheers

Atilla,
having probs getting chart from my trading platform into paint so will have to make do with bigcharts.Dax signal today was same set up as NDX monday.Today Dax went over high of Monday at 8096 and closed below it today at 8090 on lighter volume..this is a rejection of price in my method...think of it as less buyers prepared to pay a higher price....If there were only 3 people in your local pub and 10 pints on the bar would you pay over the asking price or bid the price down,knowing there were no takers for the other 7 pints......

Dax looks like it's possible to get back to 7650 on the basis of an ABC which would again fill it's gap at 7750/00....It'll have trouble breaking 7860 as there was massive volume there,(or 10 people chasing 3 pints).....:LOL:

Attachments

• untitled.bmp
    314.3 KB · Views: 92
Hi there

I have tried to attach a chart of where I shorted but apologies if it does not look too good:rolleyes: If anyone can update me how to attach charts from ADVFN, please let me know....

I ONLY use 5 minutes charts for day trading and hardly pay any attention to the moving averages on the chart iteself. These I use mainly to get a feel for the general trend direction. What caught my eye was the volumes today and the choppiness of the dow. The Dow had broken the support line of the triangle at around 18.15. Had I seen this I would have opened a short then. I did not actually look at the market until 19.30 as I had taken an extended break......

What pleased me was the inability of the price to breach the 13590 level just before 20.00 which had been a significant area 30 minutes earlier. Added to this was the hammer and the MA's bending in a downwards direction. Although the hammer itself would have been the final confirmation, the clincher for me was the fact that volume was decreasing on the bullish pullback to 13590 from the doji at the swing low. Only just discernable on my chart - apologies! I therefore entered before the formation of the hammer and rode the price down with a trailing stop.

Sorry to pull this trade apart but I have only been day trading for 1 week and need to analsye every trade I take. As an aside, real funds are not being traded and my trades take place in the evening.

I hope this is of interest to some.

Tafita

Steve,

I've just mailed the tech guys at T2W as the chart I have attached is over 1 meg! I'll let you know what they say,

Cheers

Tafita

Looks like I have missed a few good days on the YM. A few nice short opportunities signalled today, so scaling into a position on pullbacks when new short signals were given by my system would have been rather profitable indeed. I have Mondays Dow available for replay, so I'll do some paper trading against that for practice. I think since my bankroll is so small at the moment I should go for very high probabilty trades on trend days and hold a position until stop or EOD. Move stop to breakeven at +30 and take the rest of the day off.

how do I reproduce a chart as a thumbnail instead of these download bmp files...

cheers

try saving it as a smaller filetype (JPEG, PNG,...)

for example (this is tafita's chart exported to JPEG)

Attachments

• chart 1-1.JPG
    chart 1-1.JPG
    299.6 KB · Views: 134