Dow 2007

Short term direction from confirmed breaks of 600 and 570. I'm not touching it until I can trade on that basis one way or the other. Is volume unusually high today, or is it me?

I don't want to give back my +7, but at the same time I'm pretty infuriated at getting +7 from a +35 trade.

good to see you back lurker, + is always better than -

:D

out @ 72......+27....to whippy at the mo.......will wait for some sanity to return...

Good call. I could have had over 30 at that price, but I was convinced I was being panicky and taking a profit too soon, as per usual. I think longs are quite risky now FWIW, so I will watch upper resistance carefully.

I shouldn't short now given that the price is above the 100 minute EMA and that tick has made 4 consecutive higher lowers on the 5 min.

We still don't have a convincing break of the 620 resistance zone as I type this though.

Short 13605, target 13500, stop 13635. Holding until limit hit or MOC.

have you looked at the chances for a trade to go +100 points in the right direction on intraday basis? seems a bit stretched to me... unless you plan to hold overnight :?:

looks like this trendline saved it earlier....certainly got a big bounce off it.......

Attachments

• d.JPG
    d.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 131
I thought your target was 90? it went to 89 on my chart?

TradIndex price when my otFeed for YMU7 went to 90. They do have a spread around the underlying, which I didn't think would shift closer. That wasn't really a premature exit. Generally for the Dow their Bid is market mid -1 and their offer is market mid +4. You take what you are dealt. Maybe had I been cheeky I could have got 93 when the underlying went to 89, but my plan was to exit at 90, which I stuck to. (and not waiting around for just one more tick after your target is pretty good discipline, no?)

Also, I use the underlying price from my otFeed for trading decisions, and only refer to the SB price for opening or closing a trade. I accept the 5 point spread at £1pp as nothing more than a £5 commission - steep, yes, but I'm not risking $5pp on the YM just yet.

TradIndex price when my otFeed for YMU7 went to 90. They do have a spread around the underlying, which I didn't think would shift closer. That wasn't really a premature exit. Generally for the Dow their Bid is market mid -1 and their offer is market mid +4. You take what you are dealt. Maybe had I been cheeky I could have got 93 when the underlying went to 89, but my plan was to exit at 90, which I stuck to. (and not waiting around for just one more tick after your target is pretty good discipline, no?)

In that case, no comment. Well done. Keep it up :) but did you use a limit or market order to close the trade?

Covered -5. Lucky escape. Good thing I have a fast finger. When I saw the plunge I only paid the spread.

I entered on a positive tick div near support. It was a good trade on paper. Execution flawless both in and out. A loss, but a good trade.

Sidelines now till Philly Fed.

In that case, no comment. Well done. Keep it up :) but did you use a limit or market order to close the trade?

Thanks! I used a limit order at the current market price to close :D

So far today:

3 trades
2 wins
1 loss
66% win ratio
Average Win: 10
Average Loss: 5