Dow 2007

I took out longs on the FTSE and DOW last night based on the fact the TRIN was 1.30, it paid dividend, given the TRIN is currently 1.51, I am thinking of doing the same tonight.

Out 60 +5, just getting greedy now, no more trading unless I go go overnight longs

Stopped out. -30. +2 for slippage.

What. The. Hell.

That was a bloody shakeout. Again, I should have just eaten the spread and covered when I was filled at that poor price. I should not have held that for the sake of holding it. Since my daily loss limit of £30 has been hit, I'm out for the day.

Absolutely shocking. On a day where anyone with half a brain will have made dozens of tics, I'm out 30. And slippage took my +2 profit from earlier. 2 point slippage!

Back to trade tomorrow. Really annoyed at myself right now.

I hope you've all done well.

I'm going to ask a very stupid question,

What are the little green boxes beside our screen names??

NO sarcastic replies please, hehe

It came back. I think 1 lot changed hands at the price I was stopped out at. Bitch whine moan. Faulty trading on my part. I hate this ****ty 30 point minimum stoplosses. I had a mental stop I didn't obey because I saw the market turn. I should have sold again as soon as I was stopped out. Silly silly silly. Stupid wide stops.

It came back. I think 1 lot changed hands at the price I was stopped out at. Bitch whine moan. Faulty trading on my part. I hate this ****ty 30 point minimum stoplosses. I had a mental stop I didn't obey because I saw the market turn. I should have sold again as soon as I was stopped out. Silly silly silly. Stupid wide stops.

30 point stop?
hmm on my chart if you shorted at a reasonable price like 13350 you'd still be in (although it came to within 1 point of your stop)

Don't chase the trade. Good man. Thanks.

Couldn't really sleep well last night, so took an ill considered afternoon nap. Good discipline prevented me trading a market tired (as I have done in the past) so I took some rest.

I've had a good(ish) trade which I exited prematurely. I've put a small review on my journal if you're interested.

Hi Robert,

Good idea,

Been out till early evening, missed the drop. Wanted to buy at 386 thinking double bottom, hesitated and watched it go to mid 460's. Missed that one, but just shorted at 64 and out for 34 = +30. That's enough for me for the day.

30 point stop?
hmm on my chart if you shorted at a reasonable price like 13350 you'd still be in (although it came to within 1 point of your stop)

It was a bad fill. I tried to limit short 46 earlier, but I was too late, and it went to 40 and turned, and I cancelled the limit order too late after it had been filled on the way back up. I was stopped out -32 because of slippage. Should I have given it a little more room? Nah, I don't think so. I was pretty sure of a drop though, but after I missed the short at 46 and the market didn't move much I would have preferred an opportunity to get in at a decent price again.

I'm having trouble managing my emotional response to this trade. Very very frustrated, especially missing such a good day.

I know I had a good return from overnight longs this am, I'm really not sure that I'll do the same to night, something holding me back.

There was little reaction form the eastern markets to the dow drop yesterday, not sure whether that will be replicated tonight and the resulting down in the morning.

My thought fwiw, on the markets tomorrow, drop and rise.

Good night all

Tricks - excellent trading, I normally trade the evening session rather than full days, find it most profitable and allows me to spend my time doing "better", things, well done sir!

Last edited:
this forum is great!

don't feel too bad Lurker Luker .. you know most people who spreadbet lose money .. 90% I believe .. they are not inclined to tell the world on a forum like this about it. I know cause I am one of them. (although I collected a very few points today).

I appreciate it very much that you guys post here about points gains/loses, techniques and trading strategies . it gives us some hope at least .. maybe it keeps the 90 percenters trading into financial oblivion though :LOL:

how about communicating through instant messaging?? .. that way you 10 percenters can tell us 90 percenters what to do real time :p :p :p

how about communicating through instant messaging?? .. that way you 10 percenters can tell us 90 percenters what to do real time :p :p :p

I think most of the trades that members post here are pretty much real time though...
time between my trade and post is usually <1min

well,we got my 13200ish....must admit though,wouldn't have given it a hope in hell half hour ago...bizzare...that shake out of weak bears earlier doesn't bode well for 2row...

Good evening all. I'm off. Glad you've all had a good session.

Pearls of wisdom, rants, advice, comments, etc to my journal please if you feel so inclined.