Dow 2007

Not too sure of even short term direction. Double bottom makes me reluctant to short the pullback to the EMA there. Maybe look for a long if support holds. Narrow range, don't feel like scalping against a 5 point spread - maybe just accept that I've missed the opportunities today?

Lurker, don't chase the trade, get an early night so you don't fall asleep!!!

Perhaps stay out Lurker, very wippy in there at the moment, you don't want to be caught on the wrong side going into the close.

Perhaps a suggestion for everybody to consider, I posted a review of my day, perhaps if we share our reviews, it may be to the good of us all, I dunno, what do you all think?

Lurker, don't chase the trade, get an early night so you don't fall asleep!!!

Perhaps stay out Lurker, very wippy in there at the moment, you don't want to be caught on the wrong side going into the close.

Perhaps a suggestion for everybody to consider, I posted a review of my day, perhaps if we share our reviews, it may be to the good of us all, I dunno, what do you all think?

Don't chase the trade. Good man. Thanks.

Couldn't really sleep well last night, so took an ill considered afternoon nap. Good discipline prevented me trading a market tired (as I have done in the past) so I took some rest.

I've had a good(ish) trade which I exited prematurely. I've put a small review on my journal if you're interested.

Why not, you gave a good example :)

so far:
DOW
====
1) Traded only longs
2) 2 trades, 2 wins
3) +60 points, (one half position still open with stop BE)

DAX
===
1) Traded only longs
2) 2 trades, 1 win / 1 loser (+50 and -10)
3) +40 points

FTSE
====
1 short, winner, +20

ER2 (Russell2000)
===
1) Traded only longs
2) 2 longs
3) -4 points

Edit: just exited second half DOW long at 13350, net +110 on DOW.
Done for today I reckon...

Accumulation by the big boys there. PV guys - note the volume spike at 19:22. Perhaps a return to the bull heights soon? We have a double bottom, lower lows on the Tick....

Initial call was okay, but the Tick put me off. I should be wary of relying on tick divergences in a trend day. Still, initial call (long) was good, but discipline better in not taking a trade without my ducks being in a row.

Current market view- short term direction unknown, most likely up.
Too expensive to buy, too bullish to sell. Keeping an eye on this, because watching a live ticker is good practice, but I don't expect to go for another entry.

short again ...average now 2 @ 380.....still looking for 13200ish tonight

looks like either dax or dow is off really... dax should really stay above this level, otherwise :eek:

anyway it ain't never till it's over and I don't think it is yet
funny thing is most of my trades have been long today (-> which I'm not really that proud off), and almost all of them winners

Dow

2 shorts 440 and 320....covered 340

+ 40

SPX
short 1510.5 out 1496.5
+140

$/Yen
long 120.94 out 120.82

short 121.49 out 121.09

+ 40

I just waiting now to see if there is a rally into the close, if I go it will be for a quick scalp.

HI guys, nice of you to respond, not quite what I had in mind, rather than posting actual trades, I was thinking more of an analysis of your trading habits, right/wrong/learnt etc but hey, if thats what everybody whats then ok

Short 13346. Bad price indeed. Limit I was trying to cancel when it wasn't filled first on the way down. Got filled as I was cancelling it. Looking for a breakeven, mental stop above the "double top" which is forming.

Personal analysis

HI guys, nice of you to respond, not quite what I had in mind, rather than posting actual trades, I was thinking more of an analysis of your trading habits, right/wrong/learnt etc but hey, if thats what everybody whats then ok

no prob, I'll have another go

positive elements:
+ waited for a good setup
+ didn't take profits too quickly
+ no overtrading

negative:
- counter trend trades... risky!
- couldn't really see a good short opp to get "on board"
- still feeling the need to understand "why" sometimes... especially at the dax plunge that went much further than I estimated
- my eyes hurt from looking at the screen too long! :eek:

Not liking this trade. I'd like to cover it. Really I would. Breakeven would suit me fine. Although perhaps there is some short potential left in this market. I have a buy limit to cover at 41 mid price on the YM.

rather than posting actual trades, I was thinking more of an analysis of your trading habits, right/wrong/learnt etc but hey

Sorry Dinos,misunderstood......that would mke a good topic actually,describing your trading day etc.....

I scratch my a**se every hour on the hour....just kidding:LOL: