Dow 2007

i hear you there... there's no get up and go today, just seems to be trading sideways for now. I'm hoping that we'll see a little run towards the end of the day for those of us in long positions...

i hear you there... there's no get up and go today, just seems to be trading sideways for now. I'm hoping that we'll see a little run towards the end of the day for those of us in long positions...

I'm glad I made those points from the opening, but since then I've stayed out, just to narrow to trade, and no much volume neither.

I don't trade the first hour or so of the markets opening, altho i'm going to look into it. I agree with that you've said in your post, there hasn't really been any opportunity today. Still holding long tho, hoping for the last hour to pull it up.

That would be nice lol, i'm hoping to take 15-20 points by staying long. I'll probably just walk at that point, if the move is strong then i may hang in for a bit longer.

28pts up for graps if you think Dax will tag 8k again Tues :cheesy:
But if the dow rallies into the close that margin will evap....

You in then for longs?
I'm still holding mine it's up 30 points now, but moving in stop closer.

SL kicked in. -20.

Do you think long @ 680 is a good price on CMC Cash SBet? Given my target would be 700 might not risk it. Especially with half an hour to close.

Will save bet for tomorrow.

You are right FW the volatility was just right coupled with the narrow range today. Could see it like crystal clear water but failed to take the opportunities.

I almost went long at 635 after it started rising but the head obstructed the eye and finger coordination. :eek:

W D Firewalker, I see you have perfect understanding of the phase of market we are in..The shame is, we are less than convincing in our arguments as to why shorts are a no no.....ah well ...there we are

C V

Volume and Stopping Bars

Is the 1500 lot bar just after eight PM on the 1 minute chart what firewalker refers to as a stopping bar in the volume thread?

My roundup of today:

Mostly a trend day - very bullish. NYSE Tick was positive almost all day - no shorting!

Some Tick "hooks" below zero were good long opportunities. For example at 15:55, a long entry around 640 (futures) would have been a good entry. Double bottom on Tick, bullish candle with no wicks on the ES, and higher volume on the YM during the doji.

The "stopping bar" at 19:35, combined with the failure of the ES to challenge resistance and the divergence on Tick would have made for another nice long from 650.

I'll admit to potential premature profit taking had I been trading today - Tick failed to make a higher high from 7PM onwards, and by 20:35 it looked to be making lower highs. I'd have covered any longs by around 20:30, missing the last 20 odd points of the move.

Did anyone get these entries? I'm going to read todays posts on this thread looking for interesting live calls and chat, and then slope back off to work on my strategy.

Oh, another indicator of a bullish day - 6 5 minute bars closed substantially up on the ES from the open. Add that to the Tick information, and I think it is "longs only".

Just thought I'd post something here for information and to invite some discussion. I hope everyone has been trading well!

Attachments

• YM 06-07  04_06_2007  (1 Min) Vol.png
    YM 06-07 04_06_2007 (1 Min) Vol.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 160
  • ym.png
    ym.png
    128.7 KB · Views: 107