Dow 2007

I'm looking to take on my long boots again :cheesy:
but waiting for figures first

I've gone short @ 13481.

That 480 is key to some safe with lots of pips in but yet to find it. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing housing stats will be good and market will think rates rises oh no... and flop down in a heap...

Good trading all...:)

I've gone short @ 13481.

That 480 is key to some safe with lots of pips in but yet to find it. :rolleyes:

I'm guessing housing stats will be good and market will think rates rises oh no... and flop down in a heap...

Good trading all...:)

good luck to you too
I'm not taking any gambles... but looking to fade the news

If 65-70 area can hold then i would expect 510 to be tested. How are you all? Any one trade the Asian markets?

I'll wait for...confirmation.

Hi FW, How many points will be off the table by the time it confirms? Brings us back to your thread. He he he.

1st action

long 13490 futures... no reaction from the news, so there's nothing stopping this from going up now (imho)

If 65-70 area can hold then i would expect 510 to be tested. How are you all? Any one trade the Asian markets?

Well now considering taking exit with all these long talks.

With the holidays the word is markets will end down. This would be my gut instincts too. Sell and have a nice break.

I have been wrong footed by this kind of mentality before however.

Charts look like turning. Lets see if MAs crossover.

Typical. Should have locked in pips. :rolleyes:

Hi FW, How many points will be off the table by the time it confirms? Brings us back to your thread. He he he.

hehe linesniffer you read my mind... being agressive here today with an early entry... shortened session for me, will be gone in 2 hours

looking for 1 or 2 trades max

With the holidays the word is markets will end down. This would be my gut instincts too. Sell and have a nice break.

Don't forget we've barely had a Friday that ended lower in the last 2 months.
Remember post #1726 from a while ago ...

Basically I wanted to go long at 13500... and the first 30 minutes confirmed my long bias but what kept me from entering was news.

I've seen it happen on several occasions that the market seems to "wait" for the news to pass and then proceeds on whatever it had in mind before, discounting whatever the news did.

CNN: "April existing home sales fall to 5.99 million, missing estimates. Median home price falls 9th month in a row to $220,900." market couldn't care less in this final phase... the sky is the limit

I'm giving trades a miss for today but watching with interest...trading will be light ahead of holiday so they'll push it all over the shop......480 seems to be line in sand though....

I think if it sells off, it wil be later on, it's just my assumption though. I really think it will go to at least 510, if for anything, just to test the markets strength for upside. If it's weak around 510 then it will get sold off. Just my thoughts.:)

Depending on how it arrives there, I'll likely pull the 'short' trigger if it gets above 520 (cash).

Theres some selling starting to go in now, don't get me wrong it doesn't mean much yet, time will tell.

Edit: moved stop to 13500 for second part

Boy did I get lucky! I touched 13501 there

just exited second part at 13530 (futures) that's +40 added to my +20
I'm done for today :D
never been finished quicker

Good luck everybody who is still chasing a trade (I hope it's not a short though)
and hope to see you all again next week

Good luck everybody who is still chasing a trade (I hope it's not a short though)

Great trading, FW. Have a few drinks for me tonight.:cool: :)

Good move FW. You are the man.

I'm in 3 minds about my position. I'll ponder a short while... :rolleyes:

I think if it sells off, it wil be later on, it's just my assumption though. I really think it will go to at least 510, if for anything, just to test the markets strength for upside. If it's weak around 510 then it will get sold off. Just my thoughts.:)

On the 1 hour charts, if 13500 gets rejected I see 13400 close by end of day. Could well be 13510. For the big down side I'm going to hold out.

Increasing my stop loss to 50 pips SL @ 13531.

I'm going for a long hold on this one.

That's it. It's Friday and I'm off to play - tidy up - the garden... Cut the grass again...

I'll check again after 5...

On the 1 hour charts, if 13500 gets rejected I see 13400 close by end of day. Could well be 13510. For the big down side I'm going to hold out.

Increasing my stop loss to 50 pips SL @ 13531.

I'm going for a long hold on this one.

That's it. It's Friday and I'm off to play - tidy up - the garden... Cut the grass again...

I'll check again after 5...

Theres a possible small channel it could be in, resistance would be from yesterdays highs to todays. do you see it?