Diary of a swing spread better

At least you have an up day now. Good job!

Let's look forward to another short but fantastic trading week ahead!

And the Ukranian just look hapless there. I wonder how they got into the second round in the first place. But they were a bit unlucky as well.

Best,

Hung

hungvir said:
If I remember correctly, Jon said he would take the stops off overnight to avoid being stopped out unneccesarily. I find it something hard to do though.

Enjoy the sunshine over the weekend!

Cheers,

Hung

He doesn't mean the Dow, though, does he? Something steadier like London shares.

Split

hungvir said:
At least you have an up day now. Good job!

Let's look forward to another short but fantastic trading week ahead!

And the Ukranian just look hapless there. I wonder how they got into the second round in the first place. But they were a bit unlucky as well.

Best,

Hung
By beatingSaudi Arabia, Tunisia in order to beat Switzerland on penalties. Not too surprising, even England managed to beat a couple of South American mediocre teams of Swiss equivalence..

chindl said:
By beatingSaudi Arabia, Tunisia in order to beat Switzerland on penalties. Not too surprising, even England managed to beat a couple of South American mediocre teams of Swiss equivalence..

You dont' seem to have any confidence in the England team do you :) I still think they can win at least one more game. After that, it's a bit difficult. But one of the Swedish players said 'On a lucky day, we can beat any team.' Let's hope luck will be on Beckham and Co.'s side.

Cheers,

H

Last edited:
Splitlink said:
He doesn't mean the Dow, though, does he? Something steadier like London shares.

Split

Thanks for the correction. It makes more sense to apply it to less volatile shares doesn't it.

Later,

Hung

A decent month for me with a return of 27%, a huge improvement on last months 4%,

However i have found that trading off the weekly pivots is dragging me into day trades and i'm having to keep an eye on the screen whenever i'm home.

This goes against my objective of profitable eod trading (no point been loaded if your still stuck in front of a pc 6 hours a day).

So to reduce the no of trades i'm gonna move onto monthly pivots overlayed onto a weekly chart, I'll still use the weekly pivots for short term confirmation of a support level.

As the timeframes increase no of trades will decrease and profit targets will be better as well bringing me back into the 200-400 pt range, with a 50 pt sl this makes for a better ratio then i currently have with the weeklys.

pivot points for july.

R2---11638
R1---11410
PIVOT---11079
S1---10851
S2---10520.

As the pivot is a magnet my current short will stay and i will hopefully exit around the pivot where i will go short half my position if it hits it and the other half when the candles or weekly pivots give me a sign of a reversal.

Maximum loss per trade £100
so thats £2 a point on the 50 pt stop loss if a position goes my way and i can bring sl to be i may dble up with a 25 pt sl.

I will try and give as much detail as possible on orders placed as i wish to show you guys how the dow can be traded eod effectively. i would also appreciate feedback and i still need to work on exit strategies that protect profit whilst allowiung the dow to try to reach the next pivot. i think this is where the weekly pivots will come in handy.

Thats it for now, enjoy the weekend all :D

Fantastic result, Eleft! Big congrat!

For me it's been very much the case of 'no pain, no gain'. I did not risk anything more than 20 points per trade during the last month and did not hold any DOW positions overnight. Havent' done the math but I know roughly that I am just about 20-30 points better.

Best,

Hung

hungvir said:
You dont' seem to have any confidence in the England team do you :) I still think they can win at least one more game. After that, it's a bit difficult. But one of the Swedish players said 'On a lucky day, we can beat any team.' Let's hope luck will be on Beckham and Co.'s side.

Cheers,

H
If they scrape through this one they'll need all the luck they can garner for the next one! I do have confidence in this England team, just not in this England manager, nor the next one come to think of it. Why we overlooked O'Neill I will never know, we'd have walked the Euros with him in charge with the long term view of South Africa being maintained with the youth coming through. Macca will Taylorise this team into a bunch of turnips. As Waddle said after 90 when they appointed Taylor, this will take English football back five years. It did more than that, probably ten years, I just hope that Macca does not do the same, but you know what they say about hope, there's two hopes, Bob Hope and No Hope..
Have a good day everyone, just wattered the garden, scorchio!!!

You should be a part-time sport commentator as well, Chris!

Talking about the garden, here's some pix of my little lawn and the cherry tree in our garden taken some months back.

Enjoy your weekend! I just came back from my son's school's summer fair and it was oh so hot out there. I'll just stay in and wait for the game now. Good luck to England and anyone who bet we'll win :) Can you imagine there'll be 100,000 fans in Gelsenkirchen for the match this afternoon?!

Later,

Hung

Attachments

• IMG_0004.jpg
    IMG_0004.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 145
  • IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 154
  • Dan gardening.jpg
    Dan gardening.jpg
    730.6 KB · Views: 162
I haven't looked at my ADVFN watch list for a while. Corus seems to have been doing very well. It's time to long it when there's a dip.

Attachments

• cs.jpg
    cs.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 169
Smith & Nephew meanwhile stills looks more like a short candidate.

Attachments

• sn.jpg
    sn.jpg
    139.1 KB · Views: 135
Yell looks decent too. If it can goes above 520, I'll buy the next dip.

Attachments

• yell.jpg
    yell.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 183
And finally EMG has risen nearly 500 points since its low of 2120ish made on May 22. There have been a few brave and lucky falling knife catchers out there.

Attachments

• emg.jpg
    emg.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 187
I guess we can now turn our attention to the series vs Pakistan, which will be blinding and then the Ashes!!!!!!!
What a shambles, Crouch on and we need Rooney to get on the knock downs! Asta la vista Ericsson.
Tabloid Wayne walks into the hall of fame a'la Beckham!!!!! As for Ronaldo, lets hope he has no reason to return to Carrington to pick up any bags - he may well find a chap waiting that that wants to spar with Hatton!!! I certainly think that he will not be a Utd player next season, but if he is it would be wonderful to be a fly on the wall when Rooney meets him.

My heart's wear and tear rate significantly increased during the long afternoon. But let's face it, we can be among the best eight but not the best four.

And Ronaldo was such an opportunistic maniac. I just could not stand the way he protested to the refree and then winked when Rooney was sent off.

The French were brilliant though. I do think they can beat Portugal if they continue playing like they did this evening.

11230 is causing problems, if it doesn't break through I'd expect to see 11180 before long